Greasy hair

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tresemme do one thats super cheap! I think its called 'deep cleaning' in a black with green bottle. The MorrocanOil one has really good reviews too.
I use this! It's called "cleanse and replenish" but yes the colour scheme is green.

I used conditioner first before I shampoo, and only shampoo my roots. This has helped me with grease and any build up.

Reactions: 1
I get greasy roots although I think part of it is I habitually touch and fiddle with my hair a lot. I change my shampoo frequently and usually keep 2 different types in the bathroom. I don’t find expensive shampoos make any difference but if I use the same shampoo for a long time I find the effect wears off? Sounds mad but I’ve found this since I was a teen and I’m 30 now
I also only use conditioner on the very ends and not every wash. I use few products, only use volumising blow dry spray and maybe hairspray. I have straight thick hair but the strands are fine so it needs washing at least every other day.

Also, sorry to double post in here but...

I plan my hair styles. So I wash my hair every other day... my first hair style may be a half-up half-down (because I can't stand it touching my face), or a pony tail, or a messy bun... then the second day I french braid into two side plaits.

I find french braiding it hides the greasy bits because I can like fold over hair that isn't greasy? If that makes sense, and get away with another day of not washing it.

Also, sorry to double post in here but...

I plan my hair styles. So I wash my hair every other day... my first hair style may be a half-up half-down (because I can't stand it touching my face), or a pony tail, or a messy bun... then the second day I french braid into two side plaits.

I find french braiding it hides the greasy bits because I can like fold over hair that isn't greasy? If that makes sense, and get away with another day of not washing it.
I would love to do a french braid but I can hardly do a normal one 😂

I use the Mane & Tail clarifying shampoo once a week and L'Oreal Fibrology the rest of the time, and just condition the ends. I usually wash my hair every second day. The odd time I can go three days helped along with dry shampoo, but usually by day three it's starting to look greasy.
I had horribly oily hair in my teens and thought it would be long gone by now! (I'm 40)

Same. Two things have helped: a silicone head massager thing from Amazon and the OGX refreshing scalp tea tree & mint shampoo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CNKQX86/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_H4anEbMHQV50X
Can I just say after the recommendation for head massager I got one and it is brilliant! Thank you so much.
I’ve only used it twice but cannot believe the difference it has made to my hair. Obviously I still get greasy hair but my scalp is so much cleaner.
You deserve a raise!

• Heart
I get greasy roots although I think part of it is I habitually touch and fiddle with my hair a lot. I change my shampoo frequently and usually keep 2 different types in the bathroom. I don’t find expensive shampoos make any difference but if I use the same shampoo for a long time I find the effect wears off? Sounds mad but I’ve found this since I was a teen and I’m 30 now
I also only use conditioner on the very ends and not every wash. I use few products, only use volumising blow dry spray and maybe hairspray. I have straight thick hair but the strands are fine so it needs washing at least every other day.
I am the same.. I try to wash my hair every other day. I do not find an expensive shampoo to make a difference either. The main difference I found is making sure you wash your hair correctly. I spoke with my hairdresser about it. She said when washing your "hair", it is actually your scalp you want to scrub with your fingers. So make sure you're scrubbing the skin, like a massage, as that will get dead skin, dirt, oil, product, etc out properly. I never used to do that but since I started, I've noticed a huge difference in how clean my hair feels and stays.

And I'm the same as, you conditioner just on the heads. I also use volumising product and heat protection spray so every few days I will use a clarifying shampoo to remove the product if I feel it is needed. I can really notice when the product builds up. The clarifying shampoo I like is Neutrogena's and it is cheap.