Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she's aware her audience has started to feel this way? I know her comments are VERY fan-girly with her, like full of people praising her and calling her their big sister, as well as saying her vlogs are comfort vlogs. I wonder if she is getting any actual comments like the ones here, noticing her change and that her personality has changed? I hope so, and that she realises it too because otherwise she'll keep doing what she's doing and will become very unhappy.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if she's aware her audience has started to feel this way? I know her comments are VERY fan-girly with her, like full of people praising her and calling her their big sister, as well as saying her vlogs are comfort vlogs. I wonder if she is getting any actual comments like the ones here, noticing her change and that her personality has changed? I hope so, and that she realises it too because otherwise she'll keep doing what she's doing and will become very unhappy.
Maybe, but she does have a pretty big teen audience (at least that's what I see when I read her comments, it seems to be full of 15 year olds). I haven't seen any comments that are the slightest bit negative.

I definitely no longer feel like her target audience.

I think this too, maybe she’s read similar to people here and is now trying to force how she used to act

I think this too, maybe she’s read similar to people here and is now trying to force how she used to act
IMO she used to be a lot more normal if a little much sometimes, now she acts like Taz and every other immature influencer in their 20s who needs to grow up

so i started watching grace i wanna say around 2018-2019 loved her content the things that drew me in were the eating challenges so the 5 days of eating ww2 diet 1960s diet , 1970s etc i found it so interesting i love history and her other content too i loved how unique it was she came across as fresh and genuine and not forced which at the time and still now so many content creators are i stopped watching mid 2020 so much dipped in here and there but her content has not been great since 2021 at least ive also noticed shes moved a lot of her content to tiktok so like trying certain foods a day eating easter foods is a big one i was shocked she never put on her channel as any sort of food videos seem to do great i also agree i was shocked we never got NY vlogs just random bits here and there it just felt a world away from her normal content shes not the grace i originally subscribe too shes changed shes so childish i think a lot of that is how sheltered she is and not living much life experience ive just accepted she no longer appeals to me quite a shame as i genuinely loved her content

In regards to potentional boyfriend i agree hannah marling does the same films with her boyfriend but never shows him i get some do not wanna be on camara but it actually irks me and is more of a distraction when someones being filmed but you cant see them

Reactions: 12
Back then she put a lot more effort into her content. I, too, loved the WW2 diet videos and such. They were super interesting. Also because her parents and such shared what they ate back then. She also still made these voice overs with drawings. They were cute and interesting. If you compare that kind of content to her current content, the difference is surreal. She's really lacking the passion she used to have. She was really liking it. Now it's just a blabla channel

Reactions: 8
Back then she put a lot more effort into her content. I, too, loved the WW2 diet videos and such. They were super interesting. Also because her parents and such shared what they ate back then. She also still made these voice overs with drawings. They were cute and interesting. If you compare that kind of content to her current content, the difference is surreal. She's really lacking the passion she used to have. She was really liking it. Now it's just a blabla channel
yes exactly! she used to be one of the youtubers who would have original ideas that were copied by others, as you said the eating like the past was so interesting, and she seemed to actually research into it as well so it was also informative and well thought through, now her content is SO boring

Reactions: 9
yes exactly! she used to be one of the youtubers who would have original ideas that were copied by others, as you said the eating like the past was so interesting, and she seemed to actually research into it as well so it was also informative and well thought through, now her content is SO boring
Probably because her channel wasn't as popular then, she still had to put effort in.

Reactions: 5
I don't understand why she doesn't basically copy Josh Weissman. She's clearly a fan, and yes, he has a big production and help around him, but she could do a baking version with her skills. She's done a few "recreating x from x shop", but there's so much she could do, it could be a proper theme for her main channel, and then use her other channel for the more boring stuff.

Also, most people "grow up" when they interact with adults and have responsibilities. When they have to pay bills, or get their car fixed, or get themselves up on time for work. And when you're young and you get your first job, you're suddenly treated like an adult by other adults, and that forces you to act like one. Adults don't want to be coddling a person at work, they need to make you do the job, whereas adults you encounter until that point often treat you like a child. Grace hasn't had to do those things, and she's unlikely to mature until she does.

Reactions: 12
I agree with @RobinsNest . I was 19 when I got my first job. To some, it may be a bit late, but it was a full time job and I soon got a lot of responsbility. I wasn't childish in any way before that and I already had my driver's licence etc., but I think I was still a bit naive ("young") in a way. I grew up really fast and I changed so much within the first half year, I really became an adult and acted like one. I learned so incredibly much.
You can just tell she doesn't really have a normal life. For some people, this is not a problem, they do not regress but I feel like she's going more and more backwards. I wonder what her parents think about this? I would really sit my child down and have a good long conversation with them about this kind of lifestyle. I know she's an adult and she can make her own decisions, but if she were living under my room like this, I would be worried about her.

I don't think she has changed that much tbh. She's always been very immature and sheltered. I think it's just gotten worse because she got so popular whilst behaving like that, it's probably made her think that's what people want to see and she's sort of validated in her behaviour. Also, the 'fame' has no doubt gone to her head and made her the typical lazy, youtuber brat who doesn't have to try anymore. Add that to still living with her parents and having no job, she just doesn't live in the real world.

I guess it worked for her during the pandemic because everyone was stuck at home and her down to earth baking videos were comfort, but now everyone has moved on and Grace is still stuck in the past. It's baffling because when she isn't acting like a 10 year old, she is SO unbelievably charismatic and likeable and she could do so much with her talents/skills. But she wastes it on trips around the supermarket and embarrassing TikTok trends. She desperately needs a normal job for a while just to pull her back to earth.

Reactions: 14
Her outfits are so childish as well. That outfit is terrible.
Combined with how obsessed she is with her childhood, it's very bizarre. I don't know anyone who is like this, except Zoella maybe but at least she has a baby (well, alfie has a baby).
She's so skinny as well, why is she so obsessed with looking 12 forever? Especially because in the face you can tell she's anything but that age.
Therapy would do her well I think.

Reactions: 7
Her outfits are so childish as well. That outfit is terrible.
Combined with how obsessed she is with her childhood, it's very bizarre. I don't know anyone who is like this, except Zoella maybe but at least she has a baby (well, alfie has a baby).
She's so skinny as well, why is she so obsessed with looking 12 forever? Especially because in the face you can tell she's anything but that age.
Therapy would do her well I think.
i would say the other person who is the same is clickfortaz, no surprise they are friends

I can see her either living with her parents and filming videos indefinitely until she eventually runs it into the ground and has to find something else to do. Or marrying the guy she's seeing, settling down and having kids and being at home with them. I mean either is her choice obviously. But I do think it's valuable to gain at least a little actual job experience at some point in your life.

I'm actually seeing more similarities between her and Ruby Granger. Now Ruby I think is a lot more toxic and weird. But it's more about the fact that they both live at home when they have the financial means to have their own place (many young people their age would love that privilege) and choose to live with their parents, both get homesick and have some sort of separation anxiety, which is odd for being in your 20s tbh.

Last edited:
I wish she’d just do something!! Anything!! Even just finally admit she’s got a boyfriend, he doesn’t need to be called a friend in every single video. I don’t think there’s any hope for her changing her content though, or doing something different, she gets scared to even cut an inch off her hair or travel solo at nearly 25. There won’t be any changes. Defo can just see her channel fizzling out in the next couple years, whilst she’s just there still bouncing around like a 12 year old, saying sweet mother of pearl, and trying the most pointless crap

Reactions: 14
Does grace look really skinny in her new video ? Or is it just i am used to her being so covered up ? It just took me back a bit

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.