Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah I agree, although I do get why she would stay at home for uni, uni is expensive as it is and if you can commute easily and not have to pay for accomodation that makes sense. I think it is just unfortunate that she graduated and would have been looking for a job/potentially moving out happened when it did (of course not just for Grace, everyone of that age group has been really unlucky)
Absolutely, it's just halls are the most common place I guess for people to meet a more diverse group of their peers which you can miss out on if you stay at home. No right or wrong way to do it, but it might explain some of her reluctance to expand on these controversial issues.

I also found with friends who didn't go away for uni that they didn't get to 'grow up' in the same way that those of us did. Even my friend who lived at home and worked 30 hours a week to support herself and her mum struggled with breaking out of the 'teenager' mould somewhat.

Reactions: 5
Absolutely, it's just halls are the most common place I guess for people to meet a more diverse group of their peers which you can miss out on if you stay at home. No right or wrong way to do it, but it might explain some of her reluctance to expand on these controversial issues.

I also found with friends who didn't go away for uni that they didn't get to 'grow up' in the same way that those of us did. Even my friend who lived at home and worked 30 hours a week to support herself and her mum struggled with breaking out of the 'teenager' mould somewhat.
yeah totally agree, even now as someone a decade ish older than grace who lives alone, I sometimes find myself becoming almost teenager like when I stay at my parents :ROFLMAO: I think it is just a product of being in the same environment I was as a teenager

Reactions: 7
I wonder if Grace would have enjoyed a partial gap year after university where she got some experience baking in a café part time, travelling (nowhere that far or long, just short trips) and just being away from home staying in hostels or maybe even with that cousin she has in Australia. Maybe it would have given her a taste outside the family/church bubble. Nothing wrong with staying at home and just doing youtube either, but I feel like it would have been a good experience for her as she had some time before covid happened. More independence, meeting new people, etc.

I wonder if Grace would have enjoyed a partial gap year after university where she got some experience baking in a café part time, travelling (nowhere that far or long, just short trips) and just being away from home staying in hostels or maybe even with that cousin she has in Australia. Maybe it would have given her a taste outside the family/church bubble. Nothing wrong with staying at home and just doing youtube either, but I feel like it would have been a good experience for her as she had some time before covid happened. More independence, meeting new people, etc.
I agree that would have done her a lot of good, than just staying at home with her parents. And with those experiences she can vlog that as well.

Reactions: 1
Petty but does it annoy anyone else when she does these kind of purposely looking bad expressions, whenever I see influencers do this they are always someone who is conventionally attractive and it is almost like they are playing being "ugly". Maybe just me and my pms :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
Petty but does it annoy anyone else when she does these kind of purposely looking bad expressions, whenever I see influencers do this they are always someone who is conventionally attractive and it is almost like they are playing being "ugly". Maybe just me and my pms :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I can't stand when she does it. Had to unfollow because of it.

Reactions: 6
Jesus Christ. The last video. Vibes being immaculate. If I hear it. One. More. Time. duck offfff find some more vocabulary.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Jesus Christ. The last video. Vibes being immaculate. If I hear it. One. More. Time. duck offfff find some more vocabulary.
This probably makes me sound bitter and old lol, but I find a lot of people of Grace's age speak in this bizarre way, like with kind of meaningless repetitive phrases, it is like people have lost the ability to form an original sentence

Reactions: 13
This probably makes me sound bitter and old lol, but I find a lot of people of Grace's age speak in this bizarre way, like with kind of meaningless repetitive phrases, it is like people have lost the ability to form an original sentence
You can thank tiktok for that. lol

• Haha
You can thank tiktok for that. lol
tik tok is the most bizarre social media I have seen, loads of people just doing the exact same things/poses etc. Clearly I am not their target audience but...

The trouble is she uses language that is not remotely inline with her persona. It stinks of trying too hard and becomes super cringe. I don’t know why she can’t just be herself. I think there is a danger of appropriating with a lot of tiktok content too. A lot of the dances and phrases come from black creators who rarely get the credit, just a lot of popular white girls copying their stuff.

• Haha
Interesting that Jesse was in her video when she wasn’t even allowed to mention his wedding

Reactions: 1
Wasn’t he always in her videos?
Yeah he's been in quite a few. Its maybe a bit weird Grace hasn't even mentioned the wedding but I can totally understand them not wanting her filming it. It's a very personal, private affair and nothing really to do with Grace's audience. I think people are reading way too much into it. Grace seems like a very conscientious person so probably doesn't want to mention it because it's not her business to tell.

Reactions: 10
I feel like it's been so long since I've seen Jesse in a video, he looks different with the glasses and facial hair but also hasn't changed (beyond getting married), I was a bit taken aback not expecting to see him but it was pleasant because I enjoy their sibling banter. It's like one day he was living in their house, the next he's not and married.

Reactions: 7
Interesting that Jesse was in her video when she wasn’t even allowed to mention his wedding
That seems a bit of a stretch. We know that they didn't mention it which doesn't mean she wasn't "allowed" to.

I still think it's weird. Maybe I am reading too much into it but to not even really talk about it is odd to me. Like I totally get not filming it, but why would you mind so much your little sister just being excited and talking about it?

I still think it's weird. Maybe I am reading too much into it but to not even really talk about it is odd to me. Like I totally get not filming it, but why would you mind so much your little sister just being excited and talking about it?
Yeah I agree, like why would she not even be able to say oh it’s Jesse getting married. So odd

Reactions: 4
Yeah I agree, like why would she not even be able to say oh it’s Jesse getting married. So odd
I think she gets a lot of comments about how hot Jesse is (fair tbh 👀) so maybe she doesn't want to draw attention to him? Especially when he obviously doesn't want to be on camera loads. She didn't talk much about Chloe's wedding in videos either.

Looking from a slightly different perspective, if she doesn't talk about the marraiges of her siblings then no doubt there will be so much other personal stuff she doesn't post online, which I think is good tbh! It's better to set up boundaries and be able to enjoy your personal life without vlogging/instagramming/tiktoking every minute of your life!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.