Grace Victory #2 spiritual quack with the shortest bum crack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just stumbled across Grace's Instagram after being unsubscribed for 5+ years. It's so weird to see she's embraced the plus sized community and is seemingly successful... I remember her insisting she was a size 12 when she clearly wasn't! If you search "uglyfaceofbeauty" in Youtube some of her old videos come up and she looks sooo different. I really hope she is now more open and honest

Reactions: 5
I just stumbled across Grace's Instagram after being unsubscribed for 5+ years. It's so weird to see she's embraced the plus sized community and is seemingly successful... I remember her insisting she was a size 12 when she clearly wasn't! If you search "uglyfaceofbeauty" in Youtube some of her old videos come up and she looks sooo different. I really hope she is now more open and honest
Quite simply, she's not !

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I know it’s not against the rules or anything, but I’m not sure I’d be so keen to go on a gifted spa trip at the mo, especially if I were a) pregnant b) obese and c) alreadg gasping for breath.

Then again, it’s Grace and she seems to prioritise free stuff above everything else, sooo...

Reactions: 16
Slide 1: I have a slight cold
Slide 2: I'm at a spa

I don't want to be paranoid but there's a pandemic at the moment and you, I and the best doctor in the world can't say for 100% certain what's Covid and what's relatively harmless.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Growth spurt? I've heard pregnant women complain about having a bottomless tummy during pregnancy before though

Reactions: 3
Well that’s another way how to justify your unhealthy relationship with the food 😕
I never have this problem but all pregnancies are different.
Anyway, that doesn't mean you have to always stuff yourself with crappy snacks. There is also good food out there.

Reactions: 5
I live in a house of 4 adults and our fridge looks less full than theirs. We even have dog food that needs to be refrigerated that goes on part of the bottom shelf, plus a mini-fridge, but that's just a spillover thing for water bottles and beers and ciders when they're around. ;)

I wonder if the drawer is full of chocolate bars rather than fruit and veg? I remember in one of Jamie Oliver's healthy cooking shows, a woman who wanted to change her diet admitted she bought a load of chocolate bars and stuffed them in the fruit and veg drawer so they were always stuff to fill the kids up in the house on a low income. She was embarrassed and keen to change.

It's a bit weird that she goes on about going to get an entire loaf to eat. I remember as a uni student seeing a classmate who was obese commenting that she couldn't believe she drove to a bigger Tescos just to get a load of different cheeses she was craving.

Also, I saw a video about a 'fat activist' called Virgie Tovar (it was by some YouTuber who went on a weight loss journey, I can't remember the name) and she was saying that diet culture is so unhealthy and people need to eat what they want, when they want and as much as they want. Grace seems to be in the same mindset of 'fat acceptance'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I live in a house of 4 adults and our fridge looks less full than theirs. We even have dog food that needs to be refrigerated that goes on part of the bottom shelf, plus a mini-fridge, but that's just a spillover thing for water bottles and beers and ciders when they're around. ;)

I wonder if the drawer is full of chocolate bars rather than fruit and veg? I remember in one of Jamie Oliver's healthy cooking shows, a woman who wanted to change her diet admitted she bought a load of chocolate bars and stuffed them in the fruit and veg drawer so they were always stuff to fill the kids up in the house on a low income. She was embarrassed and keen to change.

It's a bit weird that she goes on about going to get an entire loaf to eat. I remember as a uni student seeing a classmate who was obese commenting that she couldn't believe she drove to a bigger Tescos just to get a load of different cheeses she was craving.

Also, I saw a video about a 'fat activist' called Virgie Tovar (it was by some YouTuber who went on a weight loss journey, I can't remember the name) and she was saying that diet culture is so unhealthy and people need to eat what they want, when they want and as much as they want. Grace seems to be in the same mindset of 'fat acceptance'.
Virgie Tovar is great and you have a right to remain fat is a fab little book and would really recommend it to anyone, I’m not fat and loved it and gained from reading it. Diet culture is unhealthy, there’s tons of scientific studies that show no one keeps weight off they regain plus some, and how bad it is for you.
But that doesn’t mean that everyone should be as large as grace and constantly breathless on YouTube, there’s far more nuance to it than that. There’s a variety of body shapes & sizes that people will find themselves naturally landing at, and Virgie’s message is not starving / depriving yourself to fit the Eurocentric beauty ideal of skinniness/being lean if that is not how your body is. I think it’s obvious that actively gaining significant amounts of weight quickly (or becoming so huge it’s not possible to live properly) is of concern to medical professionals and needs acknowledging, if you’re a 10 who shoots up to a 16 there is something that needs checking out but that’s not to say being a 10 or a 16 alone is worrying. Same with depriving yourself of a nutritious mixture of food, that needs sorting. It sounds like the YT video was purposefully reductive if it suggested Virgie advocates for you just getting unwell as she doesn’t.

Your pregnancy folder carry case literally tells you you don’t need more food when pregnant, in your third trimester you need 200 additional calories a day which is like what, 3 bananas??

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Virgie Tovar is great and you have a right to remain fat is a fab little book and would really recommend it to anyone, I’m not fat and loved it and gained from reading it. Diet culture is unhealthy, there’s tons of scientific studies that show no one keeps weight off they regain plus some, and how bad it is for you.
But that doesn’t mean that everyone should be as large as grace and constantly breathless on YouTube, there’s far more nuance to it than that. There’s a variety of body shapes & sizes that people will find themselves naturally landing at, and Virgie’s message is not starving / depriving yourself to fit the Eurocentric beauty ideal of skinniness/being lean if that is not how your body is. I think it’s obvious that actively gaining significant amounts of weight quickly (or becoming so huge it’s not possible to live properly) is of concern to medical professionals and needs acknowledging, if you’re a 10 who shoots up to a 16 there is something that needs checking out but that’s not to say being a 10 or a 16 alone is worrying. Same with depriving yourself of a nutritious mixture of food, that needs sorting. It sounds like the YT video was purposefully reductive if it suggested Virgie advocates for you just getting unwell as she doesn’t.

Your pregnancy folder carry case literally tells you you don’t need more food when pregnant, in your third trimester you need 200 additional calories a day which is like what, 3 bananas??
Fair enough :)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.