Grace Beverley #9 Our jet-setting qween, so committed to being green

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry WHATTTT?!! £130 for a backpack that looks like it costs £20 from asos. 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️
Clearly her market is other middle class girls spending mummy and daddy’s money, I would never spend that much of my hard earned wages on something that looks so cheap!

edited to add, I went back on my insta app and one of the comments is asking can you use klarna 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Sorry WHATTTT?!! £130 for a backpack that looks like it costs £20 from asos. 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️
Clearly her market is other middle class girls spending mummy and daddy’s money, I would never spend that much of my hard earned wages on something that looks so cheap!

edited to add, I went back on my insta app and one of the comments is asking can you use klarna 🤦🏻‍♀️
there is literally nothing special about this backpack. it is so basic and boring. there is no way i would ever pay that much for a simple ass BACKPACK. u r kidding yourself grez

Reactions: 21
I get its versatile as it just plain black, but for the price, I'd rather it was more unique. even just the t/ala logo on the straps/pockets etc.
If I wanted a high-end black backpack I know the north face and other durable brands make them for under £100.

Reactions: 18
Honestly anyone that buys her stuff from now on is mugging themselves off.. every picture on insta has comments of people complaining, Trustpilot reviews are an absolute joke, so many youtube videos reviewing her products and not recommending them. And we now know the products aren’t as sustainable as claimed, especially given the owner of the business uses her profits to go jet-setting and completely cancels out any good she did for her carbon footprint.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
In the reel the bag looks really tit quality and the zip looks like its going to break after a week

Reactions: 13

Investing in a good quality, functional backpack is understandable. But nothing about this screams premium - I mean, Jesus wept, it's a bloody polyester backpack. Recycled or not it still looks cheap and that price point is ridiculous. There are countless brands which use much better materials charging much less. The yellow gold accents cheapen it too.

And no way would I carry round that giant nylon/polyester bin bag with those skinny shoulder straps... my back and shoulders are aching thinking about it.

Like bloody hell, if you want something trendy, sustainable and functional buy a £60 Fjallraven Kanken and be done with it.

Reactions: 29
I’m pretty sure that’s more expensive than most Sweaty Betty bags and either the same price or higher than Lulu...but it’s uglier and offers less functionality...who is going to buy this 😭

Reactions: 14
Another launch is this a joke ?! Some people haven't even got their skin luxe yet and yet they've also released the world's most expensive jacket and bag in the mean time

I also feel like it's so sneaky releasing these items a couple of weeks apart because if they'd released the jacket and bag at the same time, people would likely have had to choose one or the other because they're both so expensive (and basic !). Now by releasing them a couple of weeks apart people are going buy both because it feels like less of an extravagant purchase. So over this company and their constant tit

Reactions: 18
The backpack looks like that Knomo one that the world and his wife (or husband) had about 2 years ago. Snore, ya basic etc. Plus those straps make my shoulders ache.

Slightly OT, but if anyone is in the market for a new backpack with cool and functional design, from a genuine start-up that’s woman-owned and run, I got my convertible pannier bag/backpack from goodordering.com. It’s never let me down, is awesome quality and has a fab 70s vibe ✌

Reactions: 8
I get its versatile as it just plain black, but for the price, I'd rather it was more unique. even just the t/ala logo on the straps/pockets etc.
If I wanted a high-end black backpack I know the north face and other durable brands make them for under £100.
I bought a nice north face backpack for £40 in a sale last week and I know it'll stand the test of time - £130 for a backpack is absolutely absurd

Reactions: 7
Investing in a good quality, functional backpack is understandable. But nothing about this screams premium - I mean, Jesus wept, it's a bloody polyester backpack. Recycled or not it still looks cheap and that price point is ridiculous. There are countless brands which use much better materials charging much less. The yellow gold accents cheapen it too.

And no way would I carry round that giant nylon/polyester bin bag with those skinny shoulder straps... my back and shoulders are aching thinking about it.

Like bloody hell, if you want something trendy, sustainable and functional buy a £60 Fjallraven Kanken and be done with it.
I was going to say I've had my kanken bag since I was in uni and is still in perfect condition, I know they are like kind of pricey but it's the kind of money that people are willing to spend because the backpacks are functional/sustainable and last forever, I bought mine in 2015 and it was fashionable then and is probably even more fashionable now that's the kind of bag that students would buy because they're sold in urban outfitters and all over tiktok/instagram like why would you want to get that tala bag which is so expensive/basic/nothing special?

Reactions: 15
Love my kanken, I bought the recycled polyester one in grey and it is such a versatile bag. I've even used it as hand luggage for a weekend away because it fits a surprising amount in it!

Someone commented about not liking the amount of drops because they have to pay £15 postage for non UK postage. Who is she using that means she needs to charge that much? I would want it hand delivered on a velvet cushion for £15 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I was going to say I've had my kanken bag since I was in uni and is still in perfect condition, I know they are like kind of pricey but it's the kind of money that people are willing to spend because the backpacks are functional/sustainable and last forever, I bought mine in 2015 and it was fashionable then and is probably even more fashionable now that's the kind of bag that students would buy because they're sold in urban outfitters and all over tiktok/instagram like why would you want to get that tala bag which is so expensive/basic/nothing special?
I have a fake kanken bag - I didn’t realise till I bought it and was delivered, I thought just a really good offer was like £25 - but it is sooo good, I use it loads for work and carrying my heavy laptop round. It’s been on holidays, up mountains when walking and lasted so well!

Reactions: 2
I’m pretty sure that’s more expensive than most Sweaty Betty bags and either the same price or higher than Lulu...but it’s uglier and offers less functionality...who is going to buy this 😭
I'm racking my brains on this right now, I don't understand who they are targeting with this. It doesn't even look like a TALA product - it doesn't correspond with the colours/design of any of their collections. At the end of the day I think a lot of their customers buy their stuff because it's a hyped brand, not because of the sustainability factor. You could find this exact design in Primark or ASOS and that's going to be turn off for people: it might be shallow, but people don't want to spend £130 on a bag which is indiscernible from something you can pick up for £10 on the high street.

Reactions: 15
I'm racking my brains on this right now, I don't understand who they are targeting with this. It doesn't even look like a TALA product - it doesn't correspond with the colours/design of any of their collections. At the end of the day I think a lot of their customers buy their stuff because it's a hyped brand, not because of the sustainability factor. You could find this exact design in Primark or ASOS and that's going to be turn off for people: it might be shallow, but people don't want to spend £130 on a bag which is indiscernible from something you can pick up for £10 on the high street.
Me neither. It’s so ugly and it looks cheap. I’ve seen some really cool gym bags that have space for trainers and a loop for a gym mat etc - this bag is just a bog standard backpack? AND it’s ugly? Give me strength

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ohhh gods of gods Tala is now releasing a bag
What on earth does this bag have to do with the Tala brand?! There’s no cohesion between the 2... Surely they’d bring out bags you could fit your gym wear in????

Reactions: 10
That is the deadest bag I’ve seen in my life it looks cheap and nasty, if you’re paying 130£ you may as well get one thats decent quality and not a crappy tala product

Reactions: 21
this bag drop makes me lol so much. like a few other people here i’ve got a kanken and it does everything - i’ve travelled with it, used it at the gym, it fits my weekly food shop in, it looks cute and goes with everything and is durable as hell!

this tala bag looks SO unbelievably cheap i would not buy, and i can already see people complaining the straps breaking super quickly!! also as someone else pointed out, tala was ‘supposed’ to be a sports wear brand - why not create a bag that actually serves as one, like something completely different and versatile for someone who goes to the gym...

the bag just look so bulky too on the model, reminds me of year 7s who get the big school backpack in their first year of senior school lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Literally just came here to say this! Recognised them straight away and definitely brand new as well
Please can you post a link or photo of them? Im a very non judgemental vegan, but to hugely profit from the lifestyle and then wear CALF skin is just 🤢

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.