Grace Beverley #5 no mask on your face, you big disGRACE, spreading C-19 all over the place!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Credit to ceecee454 for the title, special mention to cookiemunchmunch for the suggestion "Trying hard, hardly relevant"

Last thread moved very quickly so apologies if I miss something!

- The thread started when the accusations from the microinfluencers came out and Grace went radio silent on Instagram and still hasn't posted on Twitter
- Before her radio silence she uploaded a statement in Shreddy's story rather than on their actual feed where she accused the people who came forward of lying
- She began wiping her feed in preparation for her next big announcement
- She announced that she's written a book on productivity! This did not go down well in the publishing world, as we saw people from outside the influencer bubble complaining about this
- The thread title is in reference to the fact that Grace can't stop going around London without using a mask
- She reopened Tala's office, showing her followers that no social distancing or masks were being enforced
- Sustainable Eco Queen Grace just flew abroad for the 4th or 5th time this year, the second time she's done so during a global pandemic

Reactions: 26
First time posting...

What confuses me about Grace is that (obviously) she’s vegan and yet pretty chill about owning/wearing leather. I know she buys ‘second hand’, but most vegans don’t like to wear leather let alone own it due to their morals, and the idea of it. And yet every outfit she wears is adorned with some designer leather bag or shoes.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: 11
First time posting...

What confuses me about Grace is that (obviously) she’s vegan and yet pretty chill about owning/wearing leather. I know she buys ‘second hand’, but most vegans don’t like to wear leather let alone own it due to their morals, and the idea of it. And yet every outfit she wears is adorned with some designer leather bag or shoes.

Just my two cents.
i don’t think she is obviously vegan anymore...for me her veganism is questionable these days!

Reactions: 18
Yeah I feel like her veganism was more of a fade and now she's on the productivity bandwagon or whatever she's on, she's forgotten about it. I used to love seeing her vegan food on YT but haven't seen anything for ages.

Also does anyone have links to what the publishing world have been saying about the book?

Reactions: 9
don’t worry guys, i never treat myself
Hahaha no way, the description for this book is:
"Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion is a 2019 book by American author Jia Tolentino. The book contains nine essays. Topics addressed in the essays include internet culture, "scammer culture", and contemporary feminism"

It's scary, are influencers becoming self aware??!
Or is she looking for new scam ideas 😅

Reactions: 13
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Hahaha no way, the description for this book is:
"Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion is a 2019 book by American author Jia Tolentino. The book contains nine essays. Topics addressed in the essays include internet culture, "scammer culture", and contemporary feminism"

It's scary, are influencers becoming self aware??!
Or is she looking for new scam ideas 😅
I did really like this book when I read it last year, it's pretty critical of the whole 'boss-babe' corporate white feminism lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why is that bag so expensive? I’ve never heard of this brand. Is it made from recycled Evian bottles or smth? bleeping hell
It’s Virgil Abloh’s brand. Pretty sure he’s the Artistic Lead ( or something like that) at Louis Vuitton

Reactions: 6
What is it with flashing the designer all the time? To me it just screams insecurity

Reactions: 11
honestly, i could be wrong but imo youtubing was the most time-consuming and effort-intense thing she ever did in her 'career'. it actually does take time and effort to not only come up with new video ideas regularly, but also to film and edit them (although i know she hired an editor towards the end). i'm 99.9999% sure that regularly uploading youtube videos would be much harder work than whatever ceo boss-babe activities she claims to be busy with lol. pretty sure that all the BS about youtube being bad for her mental health (how exactly is it worse than instagram??) was just a disguise for 'icba' - instagram and 'business meetings' is a much easier way to maintain influencer status.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
honestly, i could be wrong but imo youtubing was the most time-consuming and effort-intense thing she ever did in her 'career'. it actually does take time and effort to not only come up with new video ideas regularly, but also to film and edit them (although i know she hired an editor towards the end). i'm 99.9999% sure that regularly uploading youtube videos would be much harder work than whatever ceo boss-babe activities she claims to be busy with lol. pretty sure that all the BS about youtube being bad for her mental health (how exactly is it worse than instagram??) was just a disguise for 'icba' - instagram and 'business meetings' is a much easier way to maintain influencer status.
I think her quitting YouTube just shows how disconnected she is from her audience and how she's just in it for the money.

I recall her once saying that she didn't make that much money from YouTube, but her audience really enjoyed her vlogs (and probably, for some bizarre reason, still would). But I'm sure she gave it up because she realised she could still make money without needing to put the effort of doing YouTube in.

I do think, though, that YouTube left her open to more criticism and that's why she's less willing to get back on there. The comments on her last few videos are quite critical, and more obvious than critical comments on Insta which sort of fade into nothingness because of the way they're arranged.

Reactions: 13
Yeah I don't know why she is speaking so negatively about the entire platform - just say you aren't interested in making content for YT anymore! I think her bad experience with YT isn't that the platform itself is inherently 'worse' than any other social media platform... it's that she started producing content that was so alienating to her audience. Her most recent videos are about her business launches and her multimillion £ house, which is hardly going to go down well among your student audience. I'm assuming a lot of the 'negativity' she experienced on YT is relating to her BCAA launch video, but the comments on that video were incredibly constructive and were valid call-outs on her lack of consistency on her stance on BCAAs.

She's also in another taxi without a face mask on her insta stories lol. Face masks are mandatory in taxis in Greece - not that the legality of it should make a difference, as wearing a mask in close quarters with strangers is just the moral thing to do.

Reactions: 14
Wonder why her latest post has much fewer likes and comments compared to her other posts

Reactions: 4
i think grace's flouting of social distancing rules etc is unbelievable particularly as she posted all the time at the start of lockdown about how important it was, and now her actions make it clear that she didn't actually care about public health, she just wanted to make it look like she did. just shows how she really makes her own rules and once she decides something is below her, no one can question it.

Reactions: 21
I think her quitting YouTube just shows how disconnected she is from her audience and how she's just in it for the money.

I recall her once saying that she didn't make that much money from YouTube, but her audience really enjoyed her vlogs (and probably, for some bizarre reason, still would). But I'm sure she gave it up because she realised she could still make money without needing to put the effort of doing YouTube in.

I do think, though, that YouTube left her open to more criticism and that's why she's less willing to get back on there. The comments on her last few videos are quite critical, and more obvious than critical comments on Insta which sort of fade into nothingness because of the way they're arranged.
I actually genuinely used to think if she kept trying she would've been able to accumulate 1 million youtube followers easy and still continue making money from her businesses. But like you said that would mean she would need to keep in touch and be involved with her followers and more importantly, therefore keep her own self in check.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.