Grace Beverley #20 Only 20 holidays per year, what a stressful career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol I mean I saw their stuff on ASOS the other day, down to 14 quid or something from 40 or similar
I never shop on ASOS so no idea how it works, is ASOS selling these at a huge loss? Or are profit margins for TALA MUCH hgiher than Grace claims?

Reactions: 8
I never shop on ASOS so no idea how it works, is ASOS selling these at a huge loss? Or are profit margins for TALA MUCH hgiher than Grace claims?
ASOS will have bought the stock super cheap. Tala will have old stock they want to get rid of / to make it look like they sold out. They offload it to other sellers (ASOS, TKMaxx etc) for a reduced cost price. This way Tala doesn't have to do a sale to sell thru.

ASOS put all old season items in the sale to sell thru the stock. They need to get it out of the warehouse to make room for new stock. Some of the Tala items have been on there for ages so they will be keen to get rid. They won't be making a loss but the profit margin will probably be thin at this price. Also, Tala is a popular brand so drives traffic to ASOS. ASOS are hoping you'll buy more items once you're there

I used to work in merch but have been out of it for a few years so can't remember the specifics very well. Happy to be corrected if someone here knows better!

Reactions: 19
They're a clothing retailer. They will buy from various brands at wholesale so its most likely that they're try to get rid of this stock.

Its really to hard to tell how much profit they are making from this as these could just be Tala stock that was never sold a year ago. That they sold to Asos.

I was in my local shop (small village in Ireland) today and finally seen someone out in the wild wearing tala! I was standing two tills away but could see some threading loose on them 😬 nothing against the girl wearing them she was stunning but they looked horrendous

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Ahh, it’s a sale.

I love that they’ve had to put all these disclaimers to explain themselves - they’ve probably seen sustainable brands get ripped to shreds for doing sales. Most sustainably minded consumers don’t want this because they know it encourages over buying.

Tala say it’s because they don’t want their stock to go to landfill - it shouldn’t have to, you don’t need to get rid of it in a sale. Stop doing ‘drops’ and have one core line, then there’s no pressure to get old styles sold by the next one.
They're under pressure to sell them because all the drops are what's trending, if they were actually sustainable they could keep they're old styles but they need to sell it quickly while its in style, nothing we all didn't already know though

ASOS will have bought the stock super cheap. Tala will have old stock they want to get rid of / to make it look like they sold out. They offload it to other sellers (ASOS, TKMaxx etc) for a reduced cost price. This way Tala doesn't have to do a sale to sell thru.
This is a bit different to Grace/Tala’s version of events. If they’re telling the truth, it’s a collection of styles they’ve designed exclusively for ASOS and some existing products in exclusive colours rather than old stock. Supposedly these have never been available on the Tala website.

Although it’s still ASOS’ prerogative what they want to do with it when they’ve got it in terms of markdowns and it looks like they’re wanting it gone ASAP now!

Reactions: 7
This is a bit different to Grace/Tala’s version of events. If they’re telling the truth, it’s a collection of styles they’ve designed exclusively for ASOS and some existing products in exclusive colours rather than old stock. Supposedly these have never been available on the Tala website.

Although it’s still ASOS’ prerogative what they want to do with it when they’ve got it in terms of markdowns and it looks like they’re wanting it gone ASAP now!
Again I've been out of it for years but my assumption is the factory will have bought X amount of rolls of fabric that they haven't used for another customer and offered it to Tala at a reduced price. Tala might have been doing a sale to ASOS and asked if they want to tag on some exclusive items, or they might now have a working relationship when tala offers them these 'exclusive' items that they've made at a reduced cost.

The designs might have been sent to ASOS for review but it's not a collaboration and it's VERY common for brands to do the 'exclusive' thing to use up old fabric

ASOS do a lot of sales and they markdown anything that's not selling thru within a certain timeframe. Usually once stuff goes in the sale it doesn't come out of it. If the tala stuff is in the sale it means it wasn't selling well to start with

Reactions: 19
Again I've been out of it for years but my assumption is the factory will have bought X amount of rolls of fabric that they haven't used for another customer and offered it to Tala at a reduced price. Tala might have been doing a sale to ASOS and asked if they want to tag on some exclusive items, or they might now have a working relationship when tala offers them these 'exclusive' items that they've made at a reduced cost.

The designs might have been sent to ASOS for review but it's not a collaboration and it's VERY common for brands to do the 'exclusive' thing to use up old fabric

ASOS do a lot of sales and they markdown anything that's not selling thru within a certain timeframe. Usually once stuff goes in the sale it doesn't come out of it. If the tala stuff is in the sale it means it wasn't selling well to start with
Yeah, this is definitely more likely than ‘Tala x ASOS collab’ which is how Grace tries to present it on the Tala blog!

Reactions: 7

this is super interesting thanks for sharing your knowledge! love tattle sometimes 😂

Reactions: 6
Grace has been silent on socials for a few days, do we think she’s off on another holiday but wants to keep this one quiet?

Reactions: 18
I saw stuff in the sale on ASOS at least 6 months ago. It’s definitely not a collab as they were part of her earlier releases on the main TALA site. Mainly garish colours that most people wouldn’t want to be seen in

Reactions: 9
I saw stuff in the sale on ASOS at least 6 months ago. It’s definitely not a collab as they were part of her earlier releases on the main TALA site. Mainly garish colours that most people wouldn’t want to be seen in
Looks like Tattle has caught her out again! Grace, it’s obvious you read here - perhaps put a bit more BOSS BABE ENERGY into covering your tracks, or at least write a list of everything you’ve made up! Grace loves a list!

This was her post about it saying the ‘colourful’ pieces were ASOSxTala exclusives. 😬 Maybe she’s counting on people not remembering them.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Her latest story basically just says 'I can't be arsed to put any effort into my social media any more so I shouldn't have to', forgetting that that's like... Why she's successful and basically her whole job at this point?? You can't say you're sick of it and expect people to still follow you and engage if you've just given up providing content. She's forgotten that she isn't owed an audience, and she's not inherently more interesting than any other influencer. If you want to quit social media fine... Watch your whole lifestyle evaporate. Celebs can afford to do whatever they like on socials because their main pursuit is music, film, sports or whatever. But she chose to be an influencer and now she's complaining about it! she's actually deluded enough to think people will follow her for other ~business reasons.

Reactions: 31
Interesting, I got an email from proteim package company (who I bought stuff from before) that they have a huge shreddy sale on. Up to 55% off lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.