Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bikini pic with no outfit tags and no responses to everyone asking where it's from... second hand Shein though I'm sure

Reactions: 6
Bikini pic with no outfit tags and no responses to everyone asking where it's from... second hand Shein though I'm sure
I think it’s house of cb. Not the worst brand but also not sustainable. She says no one can be perfectly sustainable etc, but surely if your brand is trying to replace unsustainable fashion and you feel As passionate as she says she is then she would buy sustainable swimwear. Or do you only have to wear sustainable tacky two pieces and gym wear until she sells her own swimwear at which point she’ll claim all your swimwear has to be sustainable tala too. Only sustainable when she can profit off it it seems

Reactions: 11
Yeah I think what doesn't sit well with me is that she seems to want to separate herself from her brands and have an insta baddie personal account, therefore (intentionally or not) separating herself from the sustainable clothing/lifestyle stuff, but in the next breath she's using her account to sell her sustainable clothing in such an authoritarian and totalitarian manner.

It would be one thing if her attitude had always been and continued to be "I'm on a sustainable journey/trying to reduce where I can and this is how I do it" rather than "IM A VEGAN SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS KWEEN GO SHOUT AT BOOHOO AGAIN". That way it would be less jarring/confusing to see her in PLT/Shein etc. and it would actually be nice to hear her say "no one's perfect/everyone should reduce where they can but it's a process that takes time."

All just comes back to Grace having to do everything to the nth degree, to complete perceived perfection and in the most trendy/sellable way. Everything has to be "the most". It's kind of a shame really and makes me feel a bit sad if she's walking around with those expectations for herself in her head.

Reactions: 19
Yeah I think what doesn't sit well with me is that she seems to want to separate herself from her brands and have an insta baddie personal account, therefore (intentionally or not) separating herself from the sustainable clothing/lifestyle stuff, but in the next breath she's using her account to sell her sustainable clothing in such an authoritarian and totalitarian manner.

It would be one thing if her attitude had always been and continued to be "I'm on a sustainable journey/trying to reduce where I can and this is how I do it" rather than "IM A VEGAN SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS KWEEN GO SHOUT AT BOOHOO AGAIN". That way it would be less jarring/confusing to see her in PLT/Shein etc. and it would actually be nice to hear her say "no one's perfect/everyone should reduce where they can but it's a process that takes time."

All just comes back to Grace having to do everything to the nth degree, to complete perceived perfection and in the most trendy/sellable way. Everything has to be "the most". It's kind of a shame really and makes me feel a bit sad if she's walking around with those expectations for herself in her head.
Exactly!!! She complains about being held to these standards but when it comes to her business she claims she’s the one setting them. If you’re going to attack fast and non sustainable fashion and aggressively market sustainable fashion, then wear sustainable fashion. It’s like if someone owned a vegan food brand pushing it on everyone to turn vegan, and then eating eggs on your story the next day. Like at least be sustainable in ways consistent with your entire brand if not anything else!

She also says she’s only held to these standards because she’s trying to make a change and gets criticised more than most. So okay, let’s take a classic influencer as an example, Molly mae. Would she be seen wearing another fake tan brand after promoting her own brand and swearing by it and being so passionate that it’s the perfect and right one to use? People would call her out for contradicting her own business too, but the point is she doesn’t contradict her business and grace does

• Heart
Reactions: 10
god her pose in the second bikini picture looks so uncomfortable 😂 arch your back harder i dare u, grace

Reactions: 9
I'm so glad I've finally found other people who see what I see in regards to her!
I've just unfollowed her on Instagram, after having to unfollow from twitter a few months ago.
  • She buys leather goods second hand, but surely as an educated woman, she understands that doing that just supports the Second-Hand Value of an item? This means that more people will buy the items first hand because they know that people are willing to buy them second hand... it all has a knock-on effect.
  • Not just her, but I'm getting angry seeing influencers like her sent MASSIVE and FREE boxes of food throughout lockdown, when people are struggling to put food on the table!
  • I signed up for a month of her "Shreddy" thing months ago, but didn't like it (you can just find workouts online...). Come to find the charge auto-renews with no warning? I emailed CS (immediately might i add) saying I can't afford that extra charge as a student and they just said they don't do refunds. Proper girls supporting girls there, at least send an auto-renewal reminder?!
  • She properly makes people feel bad for not buying her sustainable items, but some people can't afford £40 leggings or a £30 bra Grace!
I'm just getting sick of her really.. So glad I never invested in any TALA items.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

What pisses me off SO MUCH is that she will always be exactly that totalitarian but then when it's her turn she and all her minions will be like "everyone keeps attacking me i can't help it anymore we're all adults it's better to do something than not, not everyone is perfect. At least I'm trying my hardest out here, reducing my carbon footprint a little is better than nothing, we all live in a consumerist society" all the same blah blah blah excuses for her to engage in the very things she screams against because she clearly cannot just let it go. She holds herself to that perfection standard because she hates being in the wrong so much, thinks she knows more than everyone else, and wants to be considered the Mother Theresa of influencers.

I know people change and grow but I personally get really angry every time she thrashes PLT / BooHoo because she did so many hauls for them. She is an influencer who did hauls for them, attended their events, even still wears their clothes (!!) and that is how she got here. Her friends still advertise for them and I don't see her publicly shaming them. So her fame, networks, and "legitimacy" are made up of all the things she is bashing on now. She needs to grow up and be humble for five seconds, not paint herself as the most perfect thing out there and own up to the fact that she will never be but instead show her consumers how to try and be better without the alternative being to spend all this money people don't have or screaming.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Those latest photos 🤦‍♀️
Always find the fake laughing when posing so cringey...then the second pic is just such an unnatural pose, deceptively distorting her body shape. I bet if you looked side-on you'd see just how much she's arching her back.

Those latest photos 🤦‍♀️
Always find the fake laughing when posing so cringey...then the second pic is just such an unnatural pose, deceptively distorting her body shape. I bet if you looked side-on you'd see just how much she's arching her back.
Although at least her bikini top seems to fit this time compared to the usual 2 sizes too small 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Although at least her bikini top seems to fit this time compared to the usual 2 sizes too small 🙄
True! I'm not into the V shape bikini bottoms though, but it seems all the influencers wear them these days.

True! I'm not into the V shape bikini bottoms though, but it seems all the influencers wear them these days.
Yeh neither, I find them so unflattering Even for someone like her with a really good figure

Do you think her and Montana will acknowledge that they’re on holiday together?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Violet has posted some photos on her Insta of some lavender fields that very closely resemble those pictured in Montana's stories. This is quite clearly just a holiday for Grace but in typical Grace fashion she didn't want to look bad for going on holiday in the middle of a pandemic, so tried to spin it as an essential trip to visit her Mum. Montana has just been calling it a holiday, why did Grace have to make it seem like something entirely different?

Reactions: 22
Those latest photos 🤦‍♀️
She really looks so ridiculous (in that second one especially, wtf are her arms even doing??) Also, not sure if this is a british thing or what, but whyyy does she wear so damn much jewelry while in a bikini?? Does she swim with it? So many questions.

Reactions: 7
She really looks so ridiculous (in that second one especially, wtf are her arms even doing??) Also, not sure if this is a british thing or what, but whyyy does she wear so damn much jewelry while in a bikini?? Does she swim with it? So many questions.
Uhm English girl here - it isn't a British thing! o_O I keep one necklace on constantly (my Cross) for obvious reasons, but no clue why Grace wheres alllll that all the time. Sure I've seen her post pics waking up in the morning wearing them all & all her earrings too. AND in the gym. Well, I suppose she has to do something with the 10 tonnes of PR she constantly receiving!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.