Grace Beverley #17 working hard (in her imagination), hardly working (because she's on vacation)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ventured onto the Lauren Tickner thread last night and that woman truly makes Grace seem like Jez Corbyn. It’s jokes how they’re both from such similar backgrounds (wealthy family, privately educated, fitness instagrammers) and have ended up in such similar roles

Reactions: 11
Her constant stories this week about how much pain she’s in really don’t sell her guides to me. I love the feeling after a work out when you’ve worked your body hard and can feel that you’ve done something but not to the extent she’s been saying. Or is it just me who thinks that??

Reactions: 22
Her constant stories this week about how much pain she’s in really don’t sell her guides to me. I love the feeling after a work out when you’ve worked your body hard and can feel that you’ve done something but not to the extent she’s been saying. Or is it just me who thinks that??
exactly, also if she has allegedly designed these surely she shouldn't be surprised at the results

• Haha
Reactions: 19
P
Apple watch definitely over-exaggerates calorie burn, people in my gym classes who are much smaller than me, lifting half as much as me always have a way higher supposed burn that I get on my Withings. That plus a grezos round-up definitely makes a mountain out of a molehill. Also her suggested “improvement” of ankle weights all the way through next time… Surely that mixed with burpees is a recipe for bruised ankles.
People smaller than you that burn more than you even when they lift less doesn’t mean that the watches aren’t correct, they may have a higher metabolism etc I burn more than my boyfriend and I’m smaller and lift less. It varies from person to person x

P

People smaller than you that burn more than you even when they lift less doesn’t mean that the watches aren’t correct, they may have a higher metabolism etc I burn more than my boyfriend and I’m smaller and lift less. It varies from person to person x
So how do you know you burn more than him? The watches are inaccurate. Bigger person has more muscles so they will burn more, your metabolism has little to do with that. Lifting doesn't even burn many calories in general.

Reactions: 19
So how do you know you burn more than him? The watches are inaccurate. Bigger person has more muscles so they will burn more, your metabolism has little to do with that. Lifting doesn't even burn many calories in general.
i've heard this about a lot of exercise equipment too, they exaggerate the calories burned to make their brands more popular

Reactions: 9
i've heard this about a lot of exercise equipment too, they exaggerate the calories burned to make their brands more popular
There is actually research that showed apple watched overestimate calories burn 58% of the time and that basically no fitness watches are accurate 😆

This is another pet peeve of mine as a PT. Literally anyone can choose a set of exercises that are going to feel hard and make you sweat, doesn’t always mean it’s the best for progress or even the sign of a good workout

Reactions: 18
P

I mean that’s literally against the laws of thermodynamics if all other variables like rep count are controlled, but that also wasn’t the point I was making. I wasn’t commenting on how many calories people actually burn, rather that different watches give hugely different readings that often don’t make sense when you consider the physiology of any given person and the exercise they’re carrying out. For example, a larger person spending time under a greater load, supposedly burning many fewer calories than someone smaller, under a lesser load. In reality we might be burning similar amounts but the watches give such different readings it would indicate they’re not accurate most of the time.

Reactions: 13
I mean that’s literally against the laws of thermodynamics if all other variables like rep count are controlled, but that also wasn’t the point I was making. I wasn’t commenting on how many calories people actually burn, rather that different watches give hugely different readings that often don’t make sense when you consider the physiology of any given person and the exercise they’re carrying out. For example, a larger person spending time under a greater load, supposedly burning many fewer calories than someone smaller, under a lesser load. In reality we might be burning similar amounts but the watches give such different readings it would indicate they’re not accurate most of the time.
I wasn’t stating facts. I made an assumption and literally shared my experience with my Apple Watch vs my boyfriends. That’s all ✌🏼

Because we’ve compared results. Cardio though, not lifting, I forgot to edit that.

I wasn’t stating facts. I made an assumption and literally shared my experience with my Apple Watch vs my boyfriends. That’s all ✌🏼

Because we’ve compared results. Cardio though, not lifting, I forgot to edit that.
How did you compared results though

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I know that everyone gets camel toe, but this really does not make me want to buy these shorts lmao
18EB2DAF-8F17-4039-B558-4740C0ED5775.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
This thread is dead, just like Grace’s ‘career’.
Ikr, I miss the days when she was getting exposed left right and centre for fuckin exploiting shreddy girls, lying about manufacturing tala in china and doing illegal parties in dubai 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Just because your body hurts doesn't mean you're working the muscle properly, which Grace would know if she has had any kind of PT training or real fitness background.

Also an anecdote: as someone who has been lifting for about 4 years now, I don't generally get DOMS as badly as I used to, so again: why is she going on about how much pain she's in when her body SHOULD be used to a lot of the movement patterns (not that her form is great in the first place).

Reactions: 27
Ikr, I miss the days when she was getting exposed left right and centre for fuckin exploiting shreddy girls, lying about manufacturing tala in china and doing illegal parties in dubai 😢
Now all she’s doing is getting dicked by Le French Penis. Seriously though, imagine flying multiple times a month to see your boyfriend because nobody in your own country wants you. That’s rough lol

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Now all she’s doing is getting dicked by Le French Penis. Seriously though, imagine flying multiple times a month to see your boyfriend because nobody in your own country wants you. That’s rough lol
i thought her boyfriend is a British Rugby player, based in France?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.