Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As usual she parrots these things like it's a self-evident fact, having obviously not done the research. Just because something is 'natural' doesn't automatically mean it's better for the environment. Whether real leather is more sustainable than fake leather is a complicated question - I would've thought the queen of ~nuance~ would've known that it isn't black and white like she has claimed. e.g.

Also, sustainability technically has nothing to do with veganism as a movement. You could have your avocados flown in by private jet every day, but as long as you aren't consuming/using animal products, you'd still be a vegan (a carbon guzzling idiot, but still a vegan).
yeah, obviously meat does have a huge environmental impact, no one would debate that I assume, but it isn't as simple as just "going vegan", I wish there was more debate about this. Coconut oil could hardly be considered environmentally friendly, and there are so many common vegan ingredients like this

Reactions: 6
I don't know if she ever mentioned why she became vegan but it doesn't seem like it was for ethical reasons imo, if it was she wouldn't have (seemingly) given up so easily. I think she just did it as some kind of USP, at the time I cannot think of other fitness influencers who were?
at 1:42 "Obviously, the reason I look into these things is like ethics and also the environment..."

I totally think you're right and she did it more to reach a different demo and make herself unique, but since the beginning she has claimed her veganism was about ethics which is why we hold her to account on her shady ethics now.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
The same kind that could buy 10+ pairs of lululemons on an interns salary while living in Kensington..
It just doesn't add up - at a push, I could see Lululemon giving her a sly discount or something that she won't disclose cos maybe she broke ad laws, but why would LV give her anything, even a discount? Once she buys something she flexes it all the time, like the infamous belt and the Balenciaga trainers, so I kinda think we'd have seen these boots by now. Did she really buy these shoes and then leave them, untouched, in her closet for four years? Cos her post looks very much like a "look what I just bought" flex. Someone should calculate the total value of what she's said that internship has paid for

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
It just doesn't add up - at a push, I could see Lululemon giving her a sly discount or something that she won't disclose cos maybe she broke ad laws, but why would LV give her anything. Once she buys something she flexes it all the time, like the infamous belt and the Balenciaga trainers, so I kinda think we'd have seen these boots by now. Did she really buy these shoes and then leave them, untouched, in her closet for four years? Cos her post looks very much like a "look what I just bought" flex. Someone should calculate the total value of what she's said that internship has paid for
She’s a nobody LV don’t even know she exists
she deffo paid for it herself

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I just remembered, didn't she say she had her Saint Laurent bag for years and before she went vegan? That £18k salary from IBM suddenly becomes quite cushty when you're living in a Kensington townhouse rent free and without any other expenses. Financially independent since 18, but somehow has a wardrobe full of Louis Vuitton and Saint Laurent by the age of 19.

Reactions: 27
I could be wrong but I think she did a YouTube about this being because the tech startup they are working on has a partner in Dubai and that’s really the only reason they went.
Yeah she's been there since like October or November maybe? They started at a hotel and then got an AirBnb, definitely not that same as other influencers. I'm fairly certain she didn't go back to the UK for the holidays or at any point. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: 8
This is actually concerning - someone asks two very basic questions and TALA just can't answer. They ignore the first question about worker's wages (they just tell them to look at their website, which does not offer any specific information/proof about their worker's wages). They then skirt around the second question by saying that information is confidential - but the person didn't ask what their specific margin loss was in terms of £££! They just wanted to know what % of items were on sale which would result in a loss for them. Which is a smart question, because what if they were only operating at a loss on just 5 out of the ~50 sale items? At the moment, they've just said "several" items, which really could mean anything. I have a strong feeling there were very few items in that sale where they were truly losing money.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
If Grace did get lip filler, would she be able to scrunch her bottom lip like that? Or has it got to do with the quantity of lip filler? Or am I just talking (lip)smack(ers)? 😂

Love how she's now making a point of trying to prove that she's vegan
Throwback Thursday to those yummy Lip Smackers balms and glosses 🤭😁💋

Does anyone know how small businesses work in terms of when they need to submit financials for the public? I've seen on the gov website for companies wearetala hasn't filed any statements yet, just wondering when they should be available by.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know how small businesses work in terms of when they need to submit financials for the public? I've seen on the gov website for companies wearetala hasn't filed any statements yet, just wondering when they should be available by.
End of Jan I believe! Though they can submit after that and just pay a fine

• Heart
Reactions: 3
makes me laugh every time she pushes her BCAA/supplements knowing she used to call them a pointless scam

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Tala was only incorporated as a private limited company in September so their first ‘accounts’ would be until next September and then released in October if they operate correctly of course

• Heart
Reactions: 6
makes me laugh every time she pushes her BCAA/supplements knowing she used to call them a pointless scam
I can't believe people fall for them! And the protein powder too. You can buy twice as much powder for half of the price from other companies!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.