Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A couple of weeks ago when I was properly getting fed up of 'influencers' being on holiday I thought I might try this Natascha Oceane that everyone's raving about, but then the first video I clicked on her youtube literally started like Hey guys I'm in Dubai!!! And I was like oh my god is there no peace in this world

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
https://www.wearetala.com/blogs/tala-talks/sustaina-series-sales

Thoughts on Talas explanation to why they do sales and discounts?
only skim read, the whole point about black Friday (IMO) is that is just drives needless impulse buying, there is nothing sustainable about it . no one "has" to buy anything on black Friday so why does there "need" to be an alternative to the fast fashion brands anyway? It also just indicates clearly that her profit margins are nowhere near as low as she claims and she could pay her staff more

Reactions: 24

load of tit, may as well have just left it unsaid bcs to paraphrase its just:

"we believe that sales aren't sustainable bcs they promote impulse buying, but we dont want to miss out on the money so heres a longwinded explanation about how tala not being arsed to change consumer habits is actually dIsRupTive 🌈"

View attachment 388827

like surely the alternative to fast fashion is... wait for it... slow fashion. just nail your sustainable products and customers will come, this bizarre fusion of the two worlds is just blatant money grabbing and the wordy justifications proves their naivety 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

I'm sure a lot of people who follow them will be satisfied by this, but I'm still left feeling... meh. I mean first of all their whole argumentation rests on the assumption that they are sustainable. But after more than a year of operating they still haven't offered up a transparent document which details basic sustainability metrics like GHG emissions, water use, worker conditions/wages, etc. I can understand a small-scale brand that has one workshop not producing a sustainability report, but currently TALA uses at least four factories, is making millions, and certainly has the capacity to do that kind of auditing (they've got a lot of staff and also have the support of Genflow). So they can use the prefix 'sustaina-' on as many things as they like but it doesn't mean anything without the receipts.

Oh god, I was going to write so much more on this but just seen that Grace has done an advert for her Invasalign treatment and has her own discount code for it, talking about how happy she was with the results... despite her getting composite bonding straight after. l o l

Reactions: 23
I follow her and clearly never see what she posts on my feed, but duck, here it is. "Project of a lifetime" just so happens to be in Dubai during a pandemic when all the other influencers are there...doubt.jpeg

View attachment 388661
I could be wrong but I think she did a YouTube about this being because the tech startup they are working on has a partner in Dubai and that’s really the only reason they went.

Reactions: 7
I'm sure a lot of people who follow them will be satisfied by this, but I'm still left feeling... meh. I mean first of all their whole argumentation rests on the assumption that they are sustainable. But after more than a year of operating they still haven't offered up a transparent document which details basic sustainability metrics like GHG emissions, water use, worker conditions/wages, etc. I can understand a small-scale brand that has one workshop not producing a sustainability report, but currently TALA uses at least four factories, is making millions, and certainly has the capacity to do that kind of auditing (they've got a lot of staff and also have the support of Genflow). So they can use the prefix 'sustaina-' on as many things as they like but it doesn't mean anything without the receipts.

Oh god, I was going to write so much more on this but just seen that Grace has done an advert for her Invasalign treatment and has her own discount code for it, talking about how happy she was with the results... despite her getting composite bonding straight after. l o l
What got me was when she said she's already forgot to wear her retainer since her treatment finished. Invisalign is EXPENSIVE - I'm currently paying for it, you can bet your ass I'm going to wear my retainer every night because of how much of a big deal this was lol, literally the most expensive thing I've every purchased, but she doesn't seem to really care. I suppose she can pay to fix them again in a few years when they aren't straight anymore because she doesn't wear her retainer 😒

Reactions: 22
View attachment 388931she bought them years ago before she was vegan?? So when she was at uni? So she bought a £1000+ pair of boots when she also said she was behind on payments at uni?
She brought out a 'first hand plastic fake leather' range a couple years ago?!

And there are companies making high end vegan leather boots (eg pineapple leather) from plants which she can definitely afford?!

Reactions: 16
What got me was when she said she's already forgot to wear her retainer since her treatment finished. Invisalign is EXPENSIVE - I'm currently paying for it, you can bet your ass I'm going to wear my retainer every night because of how much of a big deal this was lol, literally the most expensive thing I've every purchased, but she doesn't seem to really care. I suppose she can pay to fix them again in a few years when they aren't straight anymore because she doesn't wear her retainer 😒
I assume she either got it free or highly discounted, so many influencers seem to be getting it

just wanted to remind everyone of this gem
ugh , I don;t know who is more insufferable , her or her fans

• Haha
Reactions: 5

What’s the polite way to say “a load of old shite”? They know they’ve compromised on their original principles and that blog is just them tying themselves in knots attempting to justify it. If you’re basically doing all the things fast fashion does, then you’re a fast fashion brand, sorry about it Grez. All the flowery waffle in the world doesn’t change that, especially when it’s not backed up by any evidence that you are actually changing the game for your workers, the environment or consumers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
just wanted to remind everyone of this gem
Ugh this was the day she tipped me over the edge and I joined tattle, for anyone who doesn’t know the context of these tweets, shes responding to people who asked her to speak out on antisemitism after wileys vile rant about jews on twitter 🙃
Her attitude towards jews is bleeping disgusting, I know for a fact she would never treat any other minority in that way if they asked her to speak about discrimination against them.

Reactions: 18
Did these boots exist years ago before she was vegan? Is there a way to check this?? They look extremely brand new in her photo soo yeah...
When did she turn vegan? The first mention of the shoes on Twitter was in mid-late April 2016 - there's no mention of them before then, so I assume that's when they came out. Still, what normal 18 year old can afford shoes that expensive

Reactions: 6
View attachment 389015
Lil' miss Elswood has trouble waking up in the morning, but is #manifesting that wake-uplight. Go girl!
(Also: the other tips were plug your phone away from your bed and reduce your screentime, mind is b l o w n)

• Haha
Did these boots exist years ago before she was vegan? Is there a way to check this?? They look extremely brand new in her photo soo yeah...
It appears the boots or some variation of them have been available since 2016. Grace's first vegan video is in May of 2017, and she officially announced going vegan in October of 2017.

Theoretically she could have purchased them pre-veganism but based on how they look those are pretty dang new so she either never wore them and just had them laying around (which I doubt) or she has recently-ish purchased them.

Reactions: 6
When did she turn vegan? The first mention of the shoes on Twitter was in mid-late April 2016 - there's no mention of them before then, so I assume that's when they came out. Still, what normal 18 year old can afford shoes that expensive
I don't know if she ever mentioned why she became vegan but it doesn't seem like it was for ethical reasons imo, if it was she wouldn't have (seemingly) given up so easily. I think she just did it as some kind of USP, at the time I cannot think of other fitness influencers who were?

View attachment 388931she bought them years ago before she was vegan?? So when she was at uni? So she bought a £1000+ pair of boots when she also said she was behind on payments at uni?
As usual she parrots these things like it's a self-evident fact, having obviously not done the research. Just because something is 'natural' doesn't automatically mean it's better for the environment. Whether real leather is more sustainable than fake leather is a complicated question - I would've thought the queen of ~nuance~ would've known that it isn't black and white like she has claimed. e.g.

Also, sustainability technically has nothing to do with veganism as a movement. You could have your avocados flown in by private jet every day, but as long as you aren't consuming/using animal products, you'd still be a vegan (a carbon guzzling idiot, but still a vegan).

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.