Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm... more mishaps from the marketing team ...
I don’t know the appropriateness of wearing the necklace in the ad, and def not my place to say. But that’s quite a response to make without even checking if the model herself is Sikh. why would they post that without checking?

Reactions: 16
I don’t know the appropriateness of wearing the necklace in the ad, and def not my place to say. But that’s quite a response to make without even checking if the model herself is Sikh. why would they post that without checking?
A part of me thinks they've made the snap assumption that because the model is black, it means she can't be Sikh... not a good take.

She clearly wears the necklace a lot and if it's something she wears for her religion I can't imagine it'd be appropriate for them to ask her to take it off for the shoot! They've had plenty of gaffes but I think this call-out could be very unjustified.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
A part of me thinks they've made the snap assumption that because the model is black, it means she can't be Sikh... not a good take.

She clearly wears the necklace a lot and if it's something she wears for her religion I can't imagine it'd be appropriate for them to ask her to take it off for the shoot! They've had plenty of gaffes but I think this call-out could be very unjustified.
Just for clarity I wasn't saying she is or isn't Sikh, conclusions of someone's subscribed religion based on skin colour doesn't work where I'm from & taught to us from a young age. So much diversity and many years of interracial/intercultural relationships changes the standard idea of who is identified as what quite a lot 😍, the best is to never assume someone's specifics until they've told you their specifics, otherwise you're most likely to get it wrong and possibly offend that someone.

One thing I can say for sure is that she is a stunning model and I don't think that could offend anyone.😅🤗

Thought the focus was on the appropriateness of wearing the necklace where the model is depicted as "sexy" as mentioned in the post.
Not knowledgeable on Sikhism, my take was that the person who tweeted is quite traditional and disagrees with a fellow Sikh wearing the symbol in that type of setting? Same with a traditionalist Christian disagreeing with another Christian wearing the Cross symbol in a "sexy" shoot.
I thought with Talas track record it must be a legitimate complaint, which in the tweeter's view it is very legitimate and valid but at the same time I realize she isn't speaking for everyone and after reading your post, I agree,one can definitely look at it in another perspective and see the value of allowing the model to wear her necklace with pride and still not disregard any meaning of the symbol.

Reactions: 3
Just for clarity I wasn't saying she is or isn't Sikh, conclusions of someone's subscribed religion based on skin colour doesn't work where I'm from & taught to us from a young age. So much diversity and many years of interracial/intercultural relationships changes the standard idea of who is identified as what quite a lot 😍, the best is to never assume someone's specifics until they've told you their specifics, otherwise you're most likely to get it wrong and possibly offend that someone.

One thing I can say for sure is that she is a stunning model and I don't think that could offend anyone.😅🤗

Thought the focus was on the appropriateness of wearing the necklace where the model is depicted as "sexy" as mentioned in the post.
Not knowledgeable on Sikhism, my take was that the person who tweeted is quite traditional and disagrees with a fellow Sikh wearing the symbol in that type of setting? Same with a traditionalist Christian disagreeing with another Christian wearing the Cross symbol in a "sexy" shoot.
I thought with Talas track record it must be a legitimate complaint, which in the tweeter's view it is very legitimate and valid but at the same time I realize she isn't speaking for everyone and after reading your post, I agree,one can definitely look at it in another perspective and see the value of allowing the model to wear her necklace with pride and still not disregard any meaning of the symbol.
To be clear wasn't directing anything at you, just the content of the screenshot of the tweet!

The tweet says very specifically that it is "religious and cultural appropriation" - which to me quite directly implies that they think the person wearing the necklace is not Sikh. There is another part of the tweet discussing that wearing the symbol is inappropriate in that context, which I cannot comment on because I am not Sikh, but that's not what I'm taking up issue with. Cultural appropriation has quite a specific meaning, so I definitely think they used it to mean that the model isn't Sikh.

Reactions: 13
Yeah definitely don’t agree with the author of the tweets. Would it be more appropriate to ask her to take it off? I doubt it

Reactions: 7
Yeah definitely don’t agree with the author of the tweets. Would it be more appropriate to ask her to take it off? I doubt it
Thats what I was thinking, in all fairness if the authors got some issue with the model wearing the necklace in a ‘sexy’ photoshoot, then she needs to take it up with the model, not tala.

surely buying leather goods, even at second hand prices, just makes the demand for such goods higher? grez bebz, if you didn't buy them some NON VEGAN individual would have bought them without the drama. they'd have stomped all over london town with a whopper in one hand and a chicken's neck in the other!!1!!!

Reactions: 27
why is this person so hung up on this ...are they a secret Grez troll?? Hmm
Its different person. I don’t understand why people think my only motivation is to expose tala and shreddy? Like I want to slag her as a person off too lmao

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Its different person. I don’t understand why people think my only motivation is to expose tala and shreddy? Like I want to slag her as a person off too lmao
Oooo haha thought it was the same person going on again!
the self righteousness of some people, seriously 🤣

Reactions: 4
She's just such a hateable person lmao 😂 she makes it so easy

Reactions: 2
i did a poll on that twitter asking if people wanted to hear corroborated gossip in addition evidence-based criticisms of her business and only a few people said to keep it professional, so I don’t think this person is representative of the majority’s view. But still, how did they expect you to respond when they implied that Grez and her team or some mysterious third party would hunt you down, reveal your identity and take you to court?

You really get some cretins in the DMs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.