Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw this reply a couple days ago as well 🙄 such a weird comment, who even buys enough leather goods to make a statement like that? as a vegan there is no way i would purchase anything leather unless its absolutely unavoidable e.g. a used car with leather seats. She has the financial security to ensure she never has to compromise her 'ethical beliefs' - if they even exist - but purposely chooses not to, many vegans have to make allowances as we arnt all millionaires. Plus, she profits from an ethical movement that she has no interest in. Shreddy promotes meat, dairy and eggs to 'increase accessibility' whilst Grace is promoting calf skin boots worth what i take home in a month on a full time salary. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE?!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Saw this reply a couple days ago as well 🙄 such a weird comment, who even buys enough leather goods to make a statement like that? as a vegan there is no way i would purchase anything leather unless its absolutely unavoidable e.g. a used car with leather seats. She has the financial security to ensure she never has to compromise her 'ethical beliefs' - if they even exist - but purposely chooses not to, many vegans have to make allowances as we arnt all millionaires. Plus, she profits from an ethical movement that she has no interest in. Shreddy promotes meat, dairy and eggs to 'increase accessibility' whilst Grace is promoting calf skin boots worth what i take home in a month on a full time salary. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE?!
Haha. So first it's "I buy all my leather secondhand", now it's "I buy 99% of leather secondhand". Next she'll be coming up with more mental gymnastics to explain why she can still be a vegan while buying piles of calf skin every month.

She's such a flip-flopper - you can watch her first video about veganism and it's so clear that she made the switch to veganism from an ethical standpoint. She says "there is not a single part of me that wants to put animals at harm" and talks about "poor baby cows". So her current claims that she is an environmental vegan are a bit eye-roll inducing - what happened to the sentiments about not wanting to contribute to animal suffering? How do you switch about being sad about baby cows to be being fine with having them made into Louis Vuitton boots? Basically she doesn't give a tit about ethics or the environment either way, but she is still determined to hold onto the 'vegan' label.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Don’t care, didn’t ask, plus you’re a moron.
Does this mean I can eat maccies daily and go round calling myself a vegan because thats how I’ve chosen to define it?View attachment 386973

Honestly sometimes I just want to send a picture of my current face reacting when people tell me stupid things like that

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Does this mean I can eat maccies daily and go round calling myself a vegan because thats how I’ve chosen to define it?View attachment 386973
Based on the logic of this genius, I've decided I'm now a practicing Catholic. I don't go to church, I'm not baptised and I don't even believe in God, but it's just how I like to personally define Catholicism. Please don't shame me for how I define it <3

Seriously though, veganism has a pretty clear, unambiguous definition. And that definition has stayed the same even before Grez was born.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Honestly sometimes I just want to send a picture of my current face reacting when people tell me stupid things like that
The word 'vegan' was created and defined by the vegan society in 1944. There is only one definition and that is to exclude animal products as far as is possible and practical. E. G. I wear my old pre-vegan leather boots as i cant afford a new pair - that is what is possible for my circumstances. Grace can afford vegan leather alternatives, brand new or used, but chooses to buy leather. This goes outside of what is practible and possible and is not vegan.

Ugh also sorry to go on and on but veganism is NOT about 'reducing harm' its about removing it! Be a flexitarian if you want to reduce it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The word 'vegan' was created and defined by the vegan society in 1944. There is only one definition and that is to exclude animal products as far as is possible and practical. E. G. I wear my old pre-vegan leather boots as i cant afford a new pair - that is what is possible for my circumstances. Grace can afford vegan leather alternatives, brand new or used, but chooses to buy leather. This goes outside of what is practible and possible and is not vegan.
Exactly? Vegans don’t bleeping eat fish either fgs which is what I said to her, like its a pretty standard thing among vegans to like not eat animals lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Just can’t even get to the end of her ramble of her latest post, it’s just a jumble of words. Imagine her book lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I thought the Shreddy branding on the BCAAs and daily doses was quite poor? Am I missing something? Feels like they couldn't get it all on one line so just spread it across three.

Reactions: 7
The passive aggressiveness of this response... Also feel like she really proved the point of the comment with ~sociopolitical landscape~. You're talking about new year's resolutions it's not that deep

View attachment 387126

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
On the topic of veganism, does anyone have any good quality vegan leather brands they'd recommend? I'm looking for decent heeled boots, and a new handbag. I have a pair of vegan doc Martin Chelsea boots that I love, but wondering if there's any brands people recommend.

Reactions: 8
Why do these young girl insist on ruining their face? They all look the same! I am not against plastic surgery whatsoever (I had a breast reduction, best thing I ever did for myself) but why do they all want to look like clones? March to the beat of your own drum, ladies!
They all have that orange plastic skin look on their face and it looks weird af

Reactions: 10
We're calling out on her hypocrisy because she is literally profiting off sustainability and veganism for example, not that she's a criminal lol. What is logic?
If she was just honest and said she falls off the wagon sometimes and is sad about it/doesn't want to be as strict anymore and identifies as a flexitarian, then none of us would complain. She could effectively rally people into harm reduction by being honest, but instead she chooses to ineffectively motivate others by hanging onto this claim that she's doing the absolute most to eliminate harm to the environment and individual animals. Again, she'd rather have the clout than the knowledge that she's making a difference. Those fugly boots cost over a grand too - even half price, they'd be more than some people's monthly rent (I kinda think she bought them to flex) - so it's not a money issue

The passive aggressiveness of this response... Also feel like she really proved the point of the comment with ~sociopolitical landscape~. You're talking about new year's resolutions it's not that deep

View attachment 387126
DAE feel like Grez/TALA/Shreddy deliberately leave up one or two token non-convincing and/or soppy critical comments and delete anything convincing? It's easy for them to rebuff poorly or softly written criticism

Reactions: 17
On the topic of veganism, does anyone have any good quality vegan leather brands they'd recommend? I'm looking for decent heeled boots, and a new handbag. I have a pair of vegan doc Martin Chelsea boots that I love, but wondering if there's any brands people recommend.
I love my Matt & Nat vegan leather backpack, and they're popular enough that you can saved a search for the brand on eBay/depop etc and likely be able to get a second hand one a bit cheaper 😊

Reactions: 5
I don't know how fancy you want to go but New Look and M&S have great quality vegan shoes and bags! A lot of their stuff is vegan now

Reactions: 5
Amazing summary!

on the topic of Grez’s face, I was scrolling back even just to 2019 and look how different she looks?! Actually thinks she looks so much nicer here in a natural state.
she also just looks so much more friendly and less aggressive. As someone said in the last thread, she is someone you would avoid in a pub on a night out now

Anyone screen record the montana story with the bleeping fish? Some bellend is demanding to see the evidence
what is the story with fish?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.