Good Secret Santa gifts?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s that time of year 🎄🎅

I have a few Secret Santa gifts to buy, but I also don’t know what to put on my wishlist!

So I made this thread to talk about nice gifts you’d want to give/receive for a Secret Santa :)

Our budget is £15, but I don’t mind going slightly over, personally

Thank you! x

I can only speak for myself and say if it was me I'd like some chocolates. I wouldn't want perfume, deodorant, make-up, face-creams or fancy soaps and shampoos. I am male, though!

Like the poster above, I also don’t like receiving perfumes or soap type stuff. Things like this can be risky, unless you know the person well and know what they like. Even though I am female and I love all that stuff, my skin is super sensitive, so can usually only use fragrance-free things. Last year, my secret Santa at work got me a fragranced bath bomb set, which was lovely, but it would have made my skin itch like crazy if I used it.

Nice chocolates will always make a lovely gift. The best secret Santa pressie I ever got was some fancy ground coffee with choc truffles. Another year I got a mini gin set with a lovely gin glass.

This year I know the person I’m buying for at work quite well and getting her a Christmas candle I know she’ll like and a silly little book about facts :)

Leonidas. Posh chocs. You can get the smaller box for under £15. They're quite rich though so a small box isn't stingy. I sent a bigger box to my friend last year for her birthday, but it was her 50th so a special occasion.

Nice bottle of wine. Doesn't have to mean expensive. Campo Viejo Tempranillo is my favourite for under a tenner

Baileys is lovely, but might not be to everyone's taste

Primark voucher. I'm 41 and got a voucher for there for £20 last year. I got some nice little bits of jewellery and make up with it. Not just for teens.

There's a nice UK based website that I've bought some lovely jewellery from (both for myself and as a gift) I've got no connection to it, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed name it here or not as it's probably classed as a small business?

Nice mug maybe? TK Maxx can be good for this and Tesco have some nice ones in their 'Fox & Ivy' range for around a fiver. You could put a couple of Malteaser reindeers or a little Lindt bear or something like that in the mug.

Reactions: 2
I hope it's okay that I post this link here - I think some of the gadget ideas in this would make for great gifts in this Covid age:

Leonidas. Posh chocs. You can get the smaller box for under £15. They're quite rich though so a small box isn't stingy. I sent a bigger box to my friend last year for her birthday, but it was her 50th so a special occasion.

Nice bottle of wine. Doesn't have to mean expensive. Campo Viejo Tempranillo is my favourite for under a tenner

Baileys is lovely, but might not be to everyone's taste

Primark voucher. I'm 41 and got a voucher for there for £20 last year. I got some nice little bits of jewellery and make up with it. Not just for teens.

There's a nice UK based website that I've bought some lovely jewellery from (both for myself and as a gift) I've got no connection to it, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed name it here or not as it's probably classed as a small business?

Nice mug maybe? TK Maxx can be good for this and Tesco have some nice ones in their 'Fox & Ivy' range for around a fiver. You could put a couple of Malteaser reindeers or a little Lindt bear or something like that in the mug.
The Fox & Ivy range mugs in Tesco are lovely - I've got some of them..... I bought our friends two for a silver wedding anniversary gift (they were silver/white colour)... (and a bottle of fizz!)... I fill the mugs with nice chocolats.. lindor do a few flavours now so I usually get a couple boxes and mix them up..... Also nice to get a few pamper things .... if you know them well enough a nice book (again Tesco do 2 for £8 or paperbacks), a candle... so chocs and a mini bottle of wine (or full if the budget allows)..... some fluffy socks, scarf/gloves set...... Tescos/Asda they all do the christmas gift sets of glasses with alcohol/chocolates.....

Personalised glass for their wine/gin/etc....

Candles/Reed diffusers

Does really depend on who you are buying for....

Men - find out their hobbies..... if they like footy look at their fav team souviner shop, or rugby - same......

£15 is a good budget you should get some good gifts for that.....

Reactions: 1
Foodie stuff - good chocolates, alcohol if you know they drink. I saw a "gingerbread house kit" in M&S today which I thought sounded like a really nice secret santa gift!

Candles, reed diffusers, nice smelly house stuff

Small techie gifts like power banks

Reactions: 1
A power bank for a phone is a great idea.

A nice pair of gloves or a scarf for winter would be nice.