Good gifts to give a new mum?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As there's lots of mums here I was wondering what gifts you got that were appreciated?

I often get some hotel chocolat chocolates but I know some dont want chocolate.

I try not to buy plastic toys. Interflora flowers are so expensive - you could do an online Tesco shop for the same price and get a weeks worth of food delivered and the same flowers for the same price!

Reactions: 1
A flask for hot tea throughout the day 💕 a flask was my lifesaver especially out and about!

M&S meal deal or nice micro meals from there is also a great gift.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Home made meals that can be stored in the freezer and cooked when needed.

Bag of groceries - loo roll/milk/bread/biscuits/snacks etc

Practical stuff that makes life easier for new mum & dad - always appreciated!!!

Reactions: 2
When I had my first, my mum noticed I never had a photo album or a photo frame to have a new born pic in. So ever since then I've bought a nice frame or album for any of my friends and family!

The best gifts I got when I had my son were a Dominos voucher and a brita water flask. The water flask I still use now, you can fill up from a normal tap and it filters right away. The dominos voucher was perfect for that 3rd day exhaustion!

As there's lots of mums here I was wondering what gifts you got that were appreciated?

I often get some hotel chocolat chocolates but I know some dont want chocolate.

I try not to buy plastic toys. Interflora flowers are so expensive - you could do an online Tesco shop for the same price and get a weeks worth of food delivered and the same flowers for the same price!
I don't know about new mums but Home Bargains actually do a lovely flower delivery for a great price!

Reactions: 3
Giver her:

Time (sleep)

Do her:

washing
tidying
hoovering etc

Then:

make them a brew
tell them we all feel utterly useless at the beginning
she IS a good mum
Brush her hair
rub her shoulders
let her cry
let her tell you every tedious second of the labour - numerous times
let her shout

And if all else fails - 20 Marlboro and a bottle of vodka :p

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Giver her:

Time (sleep)

Do her:

washing
tidying
hoovering etc

Then:

make them a brew
tell them we all feel utterly useless at the beginning
she IS a good mum
Brush her hair
rub her shoulders
let her cry
let her tell you every tedious second of the labour - numerous times
let her shout

And if all else fails - 20 Marlboro and a bottle of vodka :p
This actually made me really emotional al perfect points 👏🏻

I am not a Mother, but as a friend of someone who recently gave birth - the best gift is HELP.

I know everyone wants to go and see the baby , but for a new mum it can be quite stressful to look after a newborn + host guests.
I went to visit them with a full bag of food to make dinner for her, cleaned up some bits and bobs at her house, let her take a shower and do her nails whilst I looked after the baby. I think this is much more appreciated than gifts..

Reactions: 5
The best thing I ever got when I had newborns was a friend bringing around London, taking the kids for an hour and telling me to go for a long bath. We got loads of lovely material things but after a week with a newborn(s) that is what I remember the most.

Food. We got given Cook vouchers to stock up on frozen meals... Really handy once husband went back to work. Also hoemcooked frozen meals were amazing presents.

Hold the baby for 10 mins while she has a bath. Take some lavender oil for her to pop in the water as it helps with healing down there.

Do some washing up, hoovering, and/ or laundry. Don't ask 'what can I do?' but be specific. Say 'I'm going to do the washing up, ok?'

If she had older kids take something for them. Colouring books and stickers are good as they can play with them while mummy feeds the baby.