Glasses advice please (for 4 year old but any insight appreciated)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi,
My almost 4 yo daughter has been wearing glasses since she was 2.5. She’s just gotten her first proper frames after wearing the toddler Harry Potter style ones initially. We really struggle with getting glasses to stay in position on her face, the first pair were fitted by the optician twice but still slipped down as the top of the bridge of her nose is very undeveloped still (I think this is quite normal for little kids?) so there’s nothing to hold them up really apart from the tip of her nose. We solved the issue by using the little silicone ear hooks which worked well. However they are not suitable for her new frames, due to the angle that the arms are bent- it puts the hooks at too tight an angle to go round her ears. I’ve just bought little silicone sleeves to put on the arms but have noticed they are still slipping. She doesn’t push them up herself unless she’s told and I’m worried that having the glasses sitting in the wrong place will affect her vision because she just tilts her head back to peer through them rather than push them up. Anyone got any other suggestions?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Have you tried going back to the opticians to ask their advice? This is a really common problem and they may be able to help.

Reactions: 1
Have you tried those little nose pads? I find the standard plastic or silicone nose pads on glasses slip down my nose and also ruin my make up so I got some soft foam nose pads from amazon and they help so much, my glasses stay put!

I think she may be too small for proper glasses just yet, maybe go back to the plastic frames for a while until she grows a bit more?