Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any thoughts about these films? I'm a bit of a murder mystery nut, and these are quite interesting takes, if a bit smug I think. I enjoyed this more than the first one, but it was way too long

although, if you are familiar with Agatha Christie tropes, then you will spot whodunnit very early on, which is a bit annoying. The trick with the sisters was clever and well-done, but I'm not sure it really played fair with the audience - will have to watch back to see if there are any clues given

Reactions: 8
Any thoughts about these films? I'm a bit of a murder mystery nut, and these are quite interesting takes, if a bit smug I think. I enjoyed this more than the first one, but it was way too long

although, if you are familiar with Agatha Christie tropes, then you will spot whodunnit very early on, which is a bit annoying. The trick with the sisters was clever and well-done, but I'm not sure it really played fair with the audience - will have to watch back to see if there are any clues given
I thoroughly enjoyed it! I noticed before the sister reveal that Blanc said “Helen” and I said to my family “I thought her name was Andi?” 😂 just assumed at the time I misheard. I loved the first one too, have watched it a few times since.

Reactions: 5
I thoroughly enjoyed it! I noticed before the sister reveal that Blanc said “Helen” and I said to my family “I thought her name was Andi?” 😂 just assumed at the time I misheard. I loved the first one too, have watched it a few times since.
Ah, I missed that! Definitely one to rewatch a few times as I'm sure there are loads of clues

Reactions: 1
I spotted Miles blatantly giving Duke his glass and I said to my husband 'Miles has just murdered Duke!' So when he then promptly died I wasn't at all surprised.

Took a bit of the fun out of it the film for me to have 'whodunnit' be SO obvious, although I did like the twist with the sisters.

I still enjoyed it though.

Reactions: 2
I enjoyed it, I think the films are just good fun. My parents really enjoyed them too, I think my mum was surprised at Daniel Craig's departure from James Bond and gangster type characters to something lighthearted.

It was a more traditional whodunit than the first film.

Reactions: 8
Daniel Craig is clearly having the time of his life doing these movies, and it really shows on screen. Janelle Monae turned in a hell of a performance, and Kate Hudson was obviously having a ball too.

I adored it, it's both a cheeky parody of classic crime dramas, a very loving homage (all those adorable cameos!), and a good film in it's own right. Fun plot, obviously heavily inspired by Agatha Christies' "Evil Under The Sun".

I had to laugh at how Ed Nortons character was not a tech-bro billionare genius who will lead us all into a bright new future, but instead a cunning, unscrupulous, selfish moron who simply stole ideas from others in order to keep his cult of personality going. Very relevant, very topical, very Elon Musk...

Reactions: 10
Nowhere near as good as the first one. As usual Netflix have ruined what could have been a good franchise.

Reactions: 6
For me personally I enjoyed Knives Out and was willing to ignore the valid criticism of it on some points as it is a fun film. Maybe it was more apparent watching them back to back last night but the Glass Onion is a pale imitation, for me anyway. Daniel Craig is still excellent but I think with the exception of Ed Norton the quality of supporting suspects were poorer than the original, not just the characters but the performances and I say that as someone who really likes Dave Batista and Katherine Hahn.

Part of what made the original good aside from the tighter scripting was the fact all the big supporting roles were heavyweight actors. Also the first setting was more memorable than the latest, I do wonder if there was a lot of time pressure on Rian Johnson to turn this sequel around quickly after he signed that huge deal.

I did enjoy this but preferred Knives Out. The cast was so much stronger in Knives Out. Janelle Monae and Daniel Craig carried Glass Onion. The other characters were weak tbh. Overall I still liked it but probably wouldn’t watch it again

Reactions: 3
Just watched this. Loved Knives Out. But this, this was not great. Except for Daniel Craig living the campest of lives with his husband High Grant.

It just didn't work for me at all compared to the first film.

Reactions: 2
I forgot about Hugh Grant! Was expecting him to pop back up more in the end and be somehow key to the whole thing, but alas it really was the tiniest of roles!

I enjoyed it, but think I preferred the first one.

also what has kate done to her face!? It was very distracting. Great body though.

janelle is gorgeous and never realised she was such a good actress.

Found Daniel Craig's accent very distracting, but overall he was good.

I enjoyed the invitation box opening and the twin sister's replacement.

The beach mansion and its trappings were opulent and pleasing on the eye. I loved Birdie's multi-coloured dress.

I agree it was about half an hour too long. A nice bit of fluff.

Might watch Knives Out now.

Reactions: 4
I preferred it to Knives Out. It took me 3 tries to watch the first one, I kept switching it off because I was bored. I love an Agatha Christie style whodunnit, but the first one just didn't do it for me.
This one was much better although I thought the Covid/ mask references were a bit pointless.
I also completely missed that Hugh Grant was meant to be married to Daniel Craig. I'd assumed he was his manservant or assistant - Watson to his Holmes sort of thing 😂😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I guessed who was behind everything from the moment the roidy guy got bumped off so the rest of the film was a hard slog for me and it went on and on, most of it was boring. The sister switch was good, but the ending was weak & the glass smashing scene was cringe.

Ed Norton and Daniel Craig are very overrated as actors. Happy for DC to try to step out of Bond, but the accent made him unwatchable for me. Didn't care for Knives Out either.

It was ok but I definitely preferred the first one, especially as Chris evans was in that one 🥰

Found this really disappointing, far preferred Knives Out. Thought most of the characters were a bit one dimensional, Kathryn Hahn’s such a great actress but her role was meh. Far too much Benoit Blanc, don’t remember him having so much screen time in the first film.

High points for me were Janelle Monae’s wardrobe (mostly her own clothes apparently), and the cameos, Hugh Grant, and Natasha Lyonne, Angela Lansbury (RIP) & Stephen Sondheim (RIP) on BB’s ‘Among Us’ zoom call in the bath.

Loved the first one, tolerated the second because I hate not knowing what happens. Crap compared to the first.