Gizzi Erskine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else a big fan of hers? Great fan engagement for someone who has such a huge following, in my experience she always replies and usually does so pretty quickly. Her food always looks amazing too, and she cooks real food too. I loved the Monday night fakeaway thing she did where her and Professor Green came up with recipes to fake your favourite chain restaurant foods during lockdown too. She's also very body positive - not in a "real women have curves" way that makes those of us that are naturally flat chested feel crap about ourselves, but in an actually being positive way.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No real opinion on Gizzi as I don't have SM but just wanted to say bravo on your user name šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone else a big fan of hers? Great fan engagement for someone who has such a huge following, in my experience she always replies and usually does so pretty quickly. Her food always looks amazing too, and she cooks real food too. I loved the Monday night fakeaway thing she did where her and Professor Green came up with recipes to fake your favourite chain restaurant foods during lockdown too. She's also very body positive - not in a "real women have curves" way that makes those of us that are naturally flat chested feel crap about ourselves, but in an actually being positive way.
Yes! I really like her and have done for years!

Reactions: 1
Love her food (her book Slow is amazing!) and kind of love how thirsty she is šŸ¤£

Sheā€™s like ā€œCheck our this piece of toastā€ and itā€™s her lying on a bed, tits nearly fully out, toast in hand šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
I really like her - Iā€™d recommend listening to some podcasts she has been on, think it was the Tim Lovejoy one she was on a while ago, was really good to hear about her life, modelling, businesses etc

Reactions: 2
She was on Sunday Brunch today but they waffled all the way through and didn't say much about anything which was a shame.

She was on Sunday Brunch today but they waffled all the way through and didn't say much about anything which was a shame.
Clearly Iā€™m going to be the unpopular opinion here, and Iā€™m quite surprised. The Sunday brunch appearance really made it obvious how over filtered her pics have been lately. Iā€™m really not a fan of that side of her tbh.

Also the crying about putting on weight stuff was horrible. Really fatphobic. Used to like her but she seems like someone totally obsessed with her looks and unable to accept that sheā€™s aging. We could do with a few less women in the public eye like that IMHO. So many women are holding themselves up to intense unachievable beauty standards. We donā€™t need someone else in the public eye doing that.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with getting older, itā€™s a privilege. Aging is beautiful. Great for her that sheā€™s been of a certain slim beauty standard her whole life but her blatant lack of acceptance that things have changed for her shows how shallow she is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Clearly Iā€™m going to be the unpopular opinion here, and Iā€™m quite surprised. The Sunday brunch appearance really made it obvious how over filtered her pics have been lately. Iā€™m really not a fan of that side of her tbh.

Also the crying about putting on weight stuff was horrible. Really fatphobic. Used to like her but she seems like someone totally obsessed with her looks and unable to accept that sheā€™s aging. We could do with a few less women in the public eye like that IMHO. So many women are holding themselves up to intense unachievable beauty standards. We donā€™t need someone else in the public eye doing that.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with getting older, itā€™s a privilege. Aging is beautiful. Great for her that sheā€™s been of a certain slim beauty standard her whole life but her blatant lack of acceptance that things have changed for her shows how shallow she is.
I agree with you tbh. Iā€™ve avoided this thread so far as itā€™s a rave and I didnā€™t want to come along and tit on it (šŸ¤£) but sheā€™s unbearable. Up her own arse vain, ā€œDonā€™t look at me, Iā€™m fatter than Iā€™d like to beā€ but HERE ARE 20 SELFIES OF ME POUTING IN MY UNDERCRACKERS. TBH, I had to unfollow her a while ago, she seemed so desperate for validation and her moods were so extreme it seemed that there were MH issues playing out on her social media and it really wasnā€™t fair to watch her anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree with you tbh. Iā€™ve avoided this thread so far as itā€™s a rave and I didnā€™t want to come along and tit on it (šŸ¤£) but sheā€™s unbearable. Up her own arse vain, ā€œDonā€™t look at me, Iā€™m fatter than Iā€™d like to beā€ but HERE ARE 20 SELFIES OF ME POUTING IN MY UNDERCRACKERS. TBH, I had to unfollow her a while ago, she seemed so desperate for validation and her moods were so extreme it seemed that there were MH issues playing out on her social media and it really wasnā€™t fair to watch her anymore.
Oh my god, Iā€™m so glad Iā€™m not the only one. Also hope this isnā€™t a faux pas to say negative things here(?). I thought it was just for general opinion on the subject. Iā€™m relatively new and mostly on the Jack Monroe thread.
Iā€™ve also had to unfollow Gizzi in the past. But sometimes sheā€™ll share some interesting food posts someone else I follow will share and I get suckered back in thinking she might have changed. The desperation for validation and extreme moods has totally hit the nail on the head. Just a bit of a teenager, but now a desperate middle aged woman with approval seeking teen tendencies. Mate, just own being a fully grown woman.
I looked for a thread to have a moan after it seemed she egged Jack Monroe on to post another super FaceTuned selfie. And then the DKL appearance and all the super vain edited selfies that accompanied it. I just feel like sheā€™s completely obsessed with how she looks. Sheā€™s still pretty now but I think she used to be super pretty and itā€™s becoming more and more obvious how shallow she is and how much she placed all her self worth in her looks. That and the erratic moods. You made a good point about MH issues. Iā€™ve definitely thought that in the past and possibly they are bubbling away in the background, but she seems to be everywhere right now.

Reactions: 2
I've always loved Gizzi's recipes and Slow is one of my most used cookbooks - she definitely knows her tit! i do think she seems quite narcissistic and a bit of a mean girl - also i find it very hypocritical that her new book is about sustainability and food ethics yet she's selling through amazon?!

Tbf to Gizzi she has been open about having MH issues. For eg, she has stated she found it really upsetting to see people laughing at Kanye's public meltdowns which are clearly due to MH issues as it has reminded her how much people still judge, and mock, those with MH issues. I'm a bit surprised to hear anyone describe her as fat phobic because she has posted loads of stuff before about how amazingly gorgeous she thinks Charlie Howard (plus size model is) and how awesome she thinks it is that she (Charlie) embraces her size. I don't think you should hold it against someone for being upset at putting weight on as - let's be honest here - most of us are when we do?! I get that Gizzi might seem a little vain and may not be everyone's cup of tea though. Personally I think her food always looks yummy and she looks fun. Each to their own though!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't understand the negative interpretation of her to be honest?
Her cooking rocks she knows her craft and her cookbooks are imaginative and easy to use.
Regarding her appearance i always thought that she is just a normal woman who sometimes struggles with her weight?
Yes maybe she was a bit sensitive about it but haven't most of us felt like that sometimes?
When we eat too much and get bloated and our clothes don't fit us?
Yes its not the end of the world but its not a very nice feeling either is it?
Plus thoose in the public eye do get a lot of flack for things like that so they are bound to be more self conscious?
She seems like a nice enough friendly woman though and we all have our weak spots don't we?