Gizzi Erskine #2 She's terrified of not being special

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So one minute your boyfriend is seriously ill and you are gutted to be away from him for a minute. The next you’re out wining and dining? I just don’t get her narrative 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 8
I know we have gone over and over and over this in this thread but I just cannot believe the difference between Gizzi’s gamine, youthful selfies and the reality. It’s not a flattering photo so I’m probably not being fair but she needs to accept she’s a 40 something old with really great skin and not a taut-faced little 20 something pixie.

Attachments

• Wow
I know we have gone over and over and over this in this thread but I just cannot believe the difference between Gizzi’s gamine, youthful selfies and the reality. It’s not a flattering photo so I’m probably not being fair but she needs to accept she’s a 40 something old with really great skin and not a taut-faced little 20 something pixie.
And the thing is, she doesn't even look bad as a 40 something. At all! She just doesn't look like the tiny, young models she filters herself to look like. Not many normal people do.

Like, honestly, this level of insecurity gives me a headache so I dread to think how she feels living this deluded defence mechanism day in day out. Looking at pictures like this must be a shock as she probably truly thinks she looks like the filtered version at this point.

The person who invented filters and photoshop really has a lot to answer for.

Reactions: 16
It’s the lip fillers for me. They just throw her whole face out of balance and make her look pinch-faced, fake and try-hard. Gamine is a great way of putting it, she could amp that up if she had them dissolved and stopped pretending to be Taylor LaShae.

Gizzie, go and remind yourself how naturally, beautifully and fully Audrey Hepburn aged. You could do that too!

Reactions: 10
It’s the lip fillers for me. They just throw her whole face out of balance and make her look pinch-faced, fake and try-hard. Gamine is a great way of putting it, she could amp that up if she had them dissolved and stopped pretending to be Taylor LaShae.

Gizzie, go and remind yourself how naturally, beautifully and fully Audrey Hepburn aged. You could do that too!
Honestly don't understand why she just can't embrace her own face as she is a good looking girl. I think that's what annoys me the most - when perfectly nice looking people are having to filter themselves or filler themselves to death to fit some nonsense, regressive and ageist beauty standard what hope do the rest of us have.

I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't spend the rest of their time harping on about feeling good in your own skin and body positivity.

Reactions: 14
I hate to stick up Gizzi but that is one thing I’ll give her - she hates the body positivity movement and has spoken out before about not being able to say she feels fat or wants to lose weight etc without being swarmed by critics. she’s also posted a few times to say how upset she is when bad pics get published. I agree that she’s her own worst enemy as the ridiculous filtering and obsessive image-stalking of models half her age are obviously going to destroy her self-esteem when she looks in the mirror. She’d feel a lot better if she just embraced her age, and stuck to a diet for more than 3 days if she wants to shift some weight, she’s naturally pretty and would look good if she dressed properly

Reactions: 6
I’m a similar age and I’m not wearing a sheer top with a strapless bra. For any money. You don’t have to be frumpy to dress better

Reactions: 7
I hate to stick up Gizzi but that is one thing I’ll give her - she hates the body positivity movement and has spoken out before about not being able to say she feels fat or wants to lose weight etc without being swarmed by critics. she’s also posted a few times to say how upset she is when bad pics get published. I agree that she’s her own worst enemy as the ridiculous filtering and obsessive image-stalking of models half her age are obviously going to destroy her self-esteem when she looks in the mirror. She’d feel a lot better if she just embraced her age, and stuck to a diet for more than 3 days if she wants to shift some weight, she’s naturally pretty and would look good if she dressed properly
Ahh, fair enough then. I agree with her on that one. But, saying that, I also find (extreme) filtering problematic too.
It's like no one can be in the middle of the two.

And, tbh, I don't think gizzi is a terrible person (for filtering or anything really). I just think she is incredibly insecure which doesn't make her the most self aware, and insecure people are a bit of a danger on Instagram if they have insecure followers. I

And I mean, she doesn't help herself with her self serving articles let's be honest. But I think that comes from living a life of privilege that I probably wouldnt understand.

Reactions: 5
I’m a similar age and I’m not wearing a sheer top with a strapless bra. For any money. You don’t have to be frumpy to dress better
I don’t hate the outfit! It’s the bleeping ridiculous face she’s pulling that’s doing her no favours.

Reactions: 5
I don’t really get why she gets kudos for saying she hates the body positivity movement tbh. It’s makes sense that she’s a self centred twit that doesn’t get it.

• Haha
In her photo of her “eating rules” where she says no sugar, she’s listed honey as a topping for her porridge. You’d think a chef would have some basic understanding of ingredients.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I haven’t seen it but sharing stuff like that online is at best unwise and at worst actively dangerous for vulnerable followers. Do better Gizzi.

Reactions: 1
Why would anyone want to see her healthy eating tips. Last year she managed calorie counting for about three weeks then was back to normal indulgent eating. Just own it, Gizzi?

Reactions: 3
I haven’t seen it but sharing stuff like that online is at best unwise and at worst actively dangerous for vulnerable followers. Do better Gizzi.
Oh but she’s said in the past how much she hates the body positivity movement and doesn’t feel she can say what she wants about her weight 🙄

It is embarrassing how much she just doesn’t get it.

Oh but she’s said in the past how much she hates the body positivity movement and doesn’t feel she can say what she wants about her weight 🙄

It is embarrassing how much she just doesn’t get it.
She can be as dysfunctional as she needs to, just don’t put it on a public profile. It’s toxic.

Agree, she would do well to feel positive about her own body (bp movement aside, that’s a whole other thing) it doesn’t mean you don’t want to work at making it more comfortable for you, whatever that looks like and science shows you are more likely to eat and behave more healthily.

I actually remember one of her ‘slimming hack’ type tips from a TV show she had years and years ago. Using a microplane to grate cheese rather than a regular cheese grater. It looks like way more finely grated and fluffy and that actually helps me enjoy it more and not just eat half a block in 5 minutes flat (which does also happen sometimes too 🙃)

Reactions: 4
View attachment 1873317
She looks ridiculous imo! Desperately trying to look 20yrs younger than she is.
This one is really desperate, even by her standards. Who is all this even in benefit of? So her followers think she's hot? So she can kid herself she isn't aging?

I used to do stuff like this in my 20s and feel a fanny about it even now.

Reactions: 10
She reminds me of miss Hannigan.

At 36, im starting to see the aging signs (please tell me I’m not alone). My skin isn’t as tight and that’s to be expected - I partied hard. However, I look for inspiration in those who are aging gracefully to help me. Selma hyak, Penelope Cruz, Debi mazar (until recently - too much work now). These women look amazing but theyre not young, nothing wrong with that!

Gizzi, start following some new people to get inspiration. You look ridiculous.

Reactions: 4
She reminds me of miss Hannigan.

At 36, im starting to see the aging signs (please tell me I’m not alone). My skin isn’t as tight and that’s to be expected - I partied hard. However, I look for inspiration in those who are aging gracefully to help me. Selma hyak, Penelope Cruz, Debi mazar (until recently - too much work now). These women look amazing but theyre not young, nothing wrong with that!

Gizzi, start following some new people to get inspiration. You look ridiculous.
Definitely not alone there! 🙌🏻 I completely agree with you, it’s a lost cause to try and emulate women much younger. Whether it’s surgery, fillers or staying completely natural, your face and body will still always show the signs of your true age and you can’t fight nature - just look at the state Madonna is in these days. She used to be someone people looked up to as a strong and empowered woman, now she just looks desperate, scared and so uncomfortable with the fact she is a 60+ year old woman, and is trying to keep up with celebrities younger than her daughters. If she just embraced her age and owned it she’d look 1000 x better.

When I turned 40 earlier this year I did a social media edit and made sure I was following lots of women of all ages that I think look good, particularly those who are 40+, 50+, 60+ and still seem stylish and confident. I would never bash anyone that has a little help here and there 💉, but you can spot the difference a mile away between those who just want to look their best and the ones that are trying to look like they did at 22.

Gizzi’s obviously having a mid-life crisis as her businesses and other aspects of her life aren’t going well, but she makes herself look so deluded and desperate on social media with these pictures. I’d be mortified to post them.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.