Gizzi Erskine #2 She's terrified of not being special

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she not embarrassed to tag her boyfriend as the band he’s in?
No, she will think this is the epitome of cool! Because she’s mentally still in her teens/20s she will think everyone is madly jealous that she has a rockstar boyfriend.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Slightly OT but those Kate Moss Diet Coke boxes look tacky af, especially the lace 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No, she will think this is the epitome of cool! Because she’s mentally still in her teens/20s she will think everyone is madly jealous that she has a rockstar boyfriend.
I know a few people like Gizzi and quite frankly it’s quite sad.

Reactions: 3
She used to date that guy before and they broke up.
Yes and he broke her heart by the sounds of it - all that drama over winter (unless that was another drama 🙄). Major he’s-just-not-that-into-you vibes with him!

Reactions: 2
Major he’s-just-not-that-into-you vibes with him!
yes, 100%

Not just for dumping her then but the way he is with her in the stuff she shared now. It’ll all end in tears

But it’s Gizzi so tears, a coke binge, over sharing on SM and weird over filtered stare-y selfies

I haven't been here in a while or bothered to think about Gizzi, but I just want to pat myself on the back for this prediction back in Nov 2021 from the last thread!

I would bet money that sometime in 2022 Gizzi will end her partnership with Love Cafe.
She is so predictable and impossible to work with long term - MSMarket and F!lth, all over again. When I heard the head chef who opened with them left after about a month I knew she wasn't going to last there.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I haven't been here in a while or bothered to think about Gizzi, but I just want to pat myself on the back for this prediction back in Nov 2021 from the last thread!

She is so predictable and impossible to work with long term - MSMarket and F!lth, all over again. When I heard the head chef who opened with them left after about a month I knew she wasn't going to last there.
Well done indeed! You sound like you have intel. Why is she impossible to work with? Why did the head chef leave?

Not even sure she actually reached 2022 at that place 😂
Not really sure how she earns a (decent) living? Yep the odd cringey advertising thing but 🤷🏻‍♂️. All a bit naff / desperate!

Well done indeed! You sound like you have intel. Why is she impossible to work with? Why did the head chef leave?
Not 100% sure why he left, he's a decent chef - probably felt his efforts were being wasted so went elsewhere.

I mentioned in the last thread I worked on one project with her and hated it..!

I hear she was brought into Love Cafe because because apart from knowing the owners, she's someone who claims to have tons of experience running pop ups, businesses etc, but she is truly terrible at it. Just because you can cook doesn't mean you know how to run a food business. Thought she would have free reign to cook whatever she wants, however she wants, whenever she wants, without any thought or consideration for costs, planning etc. She cannot lead a team and she sort of still has an inkling of the toxic mindset of old hospitality chefs - aggro, superstar, loud, only my opinion matters etc. She cannot work under pressure at all (essential in a kitchen!). She also cannot bear the thought of not being seen as cool - The fact that no food influencers or food critics have bothered visiting probably destroys her a bit. The curry night fiasco was bad bad bad publicity.

The cafe is also really grim, my partner went by when he was in Margate and he said it gave him real "bar at the student union" vibes.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Not 100% sure why he left, he's a decent chef - probably felt his efforts were being wasted so went elsewhere.

I hear she was brought into Love Cafe because because apart from knowing the owners, she's someone who claims to have tons of experience running pop ups, businesses etc, but she is truly terrible at it. Just because you can cook doesn't mean you know how to run a food business. Thought she would have free reign to cook whatever she wants, however she wants, whenever she wants, without any thought or consideration for costs, planning etc. She cannot lead a team and she sort of still has an inkling of the toxic mindset of old hospitality chefs - aggro, superstar, loud, only my opinion matters etc. She cannot work under pressure at all (essential in a kitchen!). She also cannot bear the thought of not being seen as cool - The fact that no food influencers or food critics have bothered visiting probably destroys her a bit. The curry night fiasco was bad bad bad publicity.

The cafe is also really grim, my partner went by when he was in Margate and he said it gave him real "bar at the student union" vibes.
Great intel. And isn’t it funny how all of this comes as absolutely no surprise.

Reactions: 5

I'm surprised she can't lead a team in all honesty. I'm not sure why though. She comes across as such a diva I always imagined she'd be bossy as duck and the QUEEN of delegation (certainly because delegation, if done right) can get you out of doing a tit load of stuff. So I imagined she'd be awesome at it cause she's a lazy duck.

Reactions: 1
I'm surprised she can't lead a team in all honesty. I'm not sure why though. She comes across as such a diva I always imagined she'd be bossy as duck and the QUEEN of delegation (certainly because delegation, if done right) can get you out of doing a tit load of stuff. So I imagined she'd be awesome at it cause she's a lazy duck.
To be good at leading a (kitchen) team, a person needs to be organized and on the ball. She just isn't. A person also needs to know what they're delegating to be good at it and needs to take time to understand the team. People who are good at delegating work smart not hard (she's lazy and she's not smart). Her ADHD plays a part but her sobriety has/had an effect as well.

She would be much happier if she left hospitality/food influencing world all together, she's running trying to keep up with younger chefs that are way more likeable and more talented than she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How can she be so unashamedly arrogant! Who really says, “that’s why I look so young and nubile” even if they think it?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.