Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I assume Cheryl must have been successful in this ^ sorry about the DM article. Good timing eh Chezza.

It actually makes me really angry she still had a career afterwards, and even more so that the incident didn't resurface this year. She doesn't deserve her pedestal one bit. If she has any sense she will lie very low for a long time now and I doubt she will attempt anymore solo stuff.

Reactions: 8
I didn't like her total dismissal of the toilet incident saying it was "really boring" mentioning it now. She's extremely lucky she was able to pick up her career off the back of it. I'm sure the poor woman attacked and racially abused doing her job wouldn't be able to just dismiss it.

I also remember her bring really rude about Nadine when the latter said she had no say in the band splitting up, saying Nadine was full of tit or something, when she was likely telling the truth.

Reactions: 13
I think sometimes Cheryl forgets the carefully crafted queen of hearts persona and the real Cheryl comes out, she's basically a rough girl from a rough council estate (no shade to council estates, I'm from one) who's now got money and fame. Someone said in an earlier thread or maybe on the secret celeb gossip one that if she hadn't hit the jackpot she'd be living 2 minutes from her mum, in and out of bad relationships with a few kids by a few different men, shopping in Asda and going out on the lash every week or so and causing drama and I think that's definitely the case.

I didn't like her total dismissal of the toilet incident saying it was "really boring" mentioning it now. She's extremely lucky she was able to pick up her career off the back of it. I'm sure the poor woman attacked and racially abused doing her job wouldn't be able to just dismiss it.

I also remember her bring really rude about Nadine when the latter said she had no say in the band splitting up, saying Nadine was full of tit or something, when she was likely telling the truth.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I found it shocking that Cheryl normalised her relationship and losing her virginity at 15 with a grown man (think he was 24) in her autobiography.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I read Cheryl’s autobiography years ago and it’s always stuck with me what she said when she was talking about hating school and always bunking off etc, “I had no interest in being educated”. What an awful way to think, how was she planning on getting ahead in life? And no futher comment to impressionable young girls, how it’s not ideal to think like that and an education is important etc.

She really just would be stuck on a council estate with a litter of kids if she hadn’t got a break on Popstars.

Reactions: 21
I read Cheryl’s autobiography years ago and it’s always stuck with me what she said when she was talking about hating school and always bunking off etc, “I had no interest in being educated”. What an awful way to think, how was she planning on getting ahead in life? And no futher comment to impressionable young girls, how it’s not ideal to think like that and an education is important etc.

She really just would be stuck on a council estate with a litter of kids if she hadn’t got a break on Popstars.
I also seem to remember something about the man she thought was her dad wasn’t actually her dad or something too! That book gave me Jezza Kyle vibes.

Reactions: 3
Just a reminder that Cheryl was found not guilty of racially abusing the toilet attendant. But because Cheryl is white, she is treated as guilty regardless.

I am not justifying what she did in any way, and I was also shocked at the time, even though I was very young, that her career resumed as normal.

I just don't think nearly two decades later, she should be at risk of being subjected to a witch hunt and second public trial by media. She has served her time. It is very common for drunk teenagers to start fights, especially as she had a rough upbringing. It's not a sign that she's evil. It is certainly not a sign that she is racist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just a reminder that Cheryl was found not guilty of racially abusing the toilet attendant. But because Cheryl is white, she is treated as guilty regardless.

I am not justifying what she did in any way, and I was also shocked at the time, even though I was very young, that her career resumed as normal.

I just don't think nearly two decades later, she should be at risk of being subjected to a witch hunt and second public trial by media. She has served her time. It is very common for drunk teenagers to start fights, especially as she had a rough upbringing. It's not a sign that she's evil. It is certainly not a sign that she is racist.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2003/oct/21/helencarter.
Not racially motivated but she doesn't come out of it well. I'm sure she wouldn't have had the career she had afterwards if she wasn't white as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Unpopular opinion but I agree. I will get slammed and angry face emojis at this, but it does get annoying how every time a white person has a fight or an issue with a black/mixed race person they are seen as racist when that isn't even always the case and people can have conflict for reasons other than skin colour. I hate how everything is always labelled these days and everyone has to be so careful as they can be accused of things they may not even feel or are. It may well have been a racial attack, but to this day, nobody can really say if it was or wasn't as it's all he said she said with no evidence either way. She was cleared of racial assault so to still be having it brought up would annoy me also (if I generally hadn't been racist that night). I do find it odd she met Ashley who's mixed race not long after the convictions though, but I do feel she genuinely did love and get broken over him.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Unpopular opinion but I agree. I will get slammed and angry face emojis at this, but it does get annoying how every time a white person has a fight or an issue with a black/mixed race person they are seen as racist when that isn't even always the case and people can have conflict for reasons other than skin colour. I hate how everything is always labelled these days and everyone has to be so careful as they can be accused of things they may not even feel or are. It may well have been a racial attack, but to this day, nobody can really say if it was or wasn't as it's all he said she said with no evidence either way. She was cleared of racial assault so to still be having it brought up would annoy me also (if I generally hadn't been racist that night). I do find it odd she met Ashley who's mixed race not long after the convictions though, but I do feel she genuinely did love and get broken over him.
Fully agree with this! Oh yeah she loved Ashley for sure, she also went out with her backing dancer tre who was black. I don’t think she’s a racist

Weren't they quite close to getting dropped in their early days ?
Not really early days it was around 2006, but then something kinda ooh and the following album (greatest hits coincidentally) was an unexpected success.

It came to light when some songwriters came forward and said they'd been approached for Cheryl solo stuff and so people realised it was because they were at a knife edge of being dropped.

That was probably why in off the record they were so bothered about chart positions, they thought they were on a performance improvement plan 😫

Thank god they never though as we would have never got TU or OOC 🥰

Reactions: 4
Just watched an old Jonathan Ross interview with Cheryl where she says she wrote the song I Don’t Care- er no love, was someone called Bonnie McKee and Cheryl’s team just tweaked it a bit!

Reactions: 3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2003/oct/21/helencarter.
Not racially motivated but she doesn't come out of it well. I'm sure she wouldn't have had the career she had afterwards if she wasn't white as well.
I disagree. The list of black celebrities who have committed horrific crimes, yet still have a career, is proof that race has nothing to do with it.

It's probably who they know behind the scenes and how profitable/marketable they are as a person that determines whether a celebrity gets away with something or not. Cheryl was very beautiful and young, and a member of a new and promising band. They wouldn't have let it destroy her back then because they had too much to gain from her.

Reactions: 5
My abiding memory of the toilet attendant debacle was Chezza coming out of court. She was quite chubby (compared to now) with flat hair and those pointed fangs. Sure, she's always been pretty, but the amount of work she's had is incredible.

Reactions: 7
My abiding memory of the toilet attendant debacle was Chezza coming out of court. She was quite chubby (compared to now) with flat hair and those pointed fangs. Sure, she's always been pretty, but the amount of work she's had is incredible.
Ah the flat straightened hair of the early 00s

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It is a classic. I read it & it was pure gold.
My favourite part was her outrage at the flack she received when she wore the hideous orange and purple outfit on US X Factor - she goes into a lot of detail about colour blocking and how it was a fashion forward look etc. and that the press didn't understand until 6 months later when everyone was doing it.

Er, no love, it just looked tit! 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.