Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because the Cheryl Etc Etc-Etc thread kept turning into general Girls Aloud chat, it was suggested they should have a thread of their own!
Overview from Wikipedia-
“Girls Aloud were an English-Irish pop girl group, which was created through the ITV talent show Popstars: The Rivals in 2002. The group comprised singers Cheryl Cole, Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts and Kimberley Walsh. The group achieved a string of twenty consecutive top ten singles in the United Kingdom, including four number ones. They also achieved seven certified albums, of which two reached number one. They have been nominated for five Brit Awards, winning the 2009 Best Single for "The Promise".”

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sarah didn't have the worst voice really , Nicolas isn't too bad in that video. Poor Cheryl couldn't hit a note if her life depended on it .

• Haha
What's everyone's opinions on kimberley singing voice 🤭
Not amazing but not awful, same with Cheryl imo. but has anyone listened to Kimberly singing defying gravity? It wasn’t great imo. I’d link it but I have no idea how to do that.

Reactions: 3
I find some girl bands only work well as a band and either lack the voice or stage presence to be successful solo. Solo Spice Girls worked for 1 album each until the post Spice novelty wore off but to me solo Girls Alouders aren’t/weren’t even interesting enough for me to want to buy their solo stuff. Cheryl is a fab dancer, Sarah and Kim have great stage presence, Nadine has the voice and Nicola the sweet unassuming nice girl look. They all contributed something to the group and along with the Sugababes probably the only girlgroups I liked and still listen to now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If you watch them singing the song "girls allowed" from their first tour I think it really shows that Sardine were the voices of the band!

Does anyone know how Sarah is doing?
There unfortunately havent been any updates since the initial announcement, I've been checking regularly but nothing :(

Reactions: 9
If you watch them singing the song "girls allowed" from their first tour I think it really shows that Sardine were the voices of the band!

There unfortunately havent been any updates since the initial announcement, I've been checking regularly but nothing :(
Sardine 🤣🤣🤣 brilliant 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I still can’t get past how Nicola wasn’t considered the voice of the group when they were still together. Or at least noticed more than she was! She was/is really good!

Reactions: 19
Massive GA fan back in the day (and will still listen to a couple of tracks off the ‘Out of Control’ album).
Voice wise... Nadine and Sarah were always the strongest, though granted Sarah has had her pitchy moments over the years! 😬
I remember watching Popstars the Rivals, Cheryl could NOT sing, Nicola and Kimberley could keep in tune, but Sarah and Nadine were the best vocally. I think I even remember Simon Cowell voicing his opinions on the series, and saying Cheryl was tone death.... which then baffled me a few years later, when she became a judge on the X Factor..
Cheryl’s popularity boils mostly down to her marrying a premier league footballer, hanging around with WAGS, being cheated on by said footballer, and being pretty. That’s all she has on the other girls.

Reactions: 26
Massive GA fan back in the day (and will still listen to a couple of tracks off the ‘Out of Control’ album).
Voice wise... Nadine and Sarah were always the strongest, though granted Sarah has had her pitchy moments over the years! 😬
I remember watching Popstars the Rivals, Cheryl could NOT sing, Nicola and Kimberley could keep in tune, but Sarah and Nadine were the best vocally. I think I even remember Simon Cowell voicing his opinions on the series, and saying Cheryl was tone death.... which then baffled me a few years later, when she became a judge on the X Factor..
Cheryl’s popularity boils mostly down to her marrying a premier league footballer, hanging around with WAGS, being cheated on by said footballer, and being pretty. That’s all she has on the other girls.
And Simon Cowell wanting to shag her lol!

• Wow
Nicola shower how good her voice was on the Masked Singer

Showed not shower !

• Haha
Reactions: 17
He is gay! All his girlfriends are / have been beards.

Did anyone see The Masked Singer earlier in the year? Nicola won as the bee and her voice was fantastic.
Didn’t Dannii Minogue shag Simon or was that rumour just put out there as part of the bearding? I’m sure in her autobiog she said they had something, blatant lie from her then :(

• Haha
  • Wow
Didn’t Dannii Minogue shag Simon or was that rumour just put out there as part of the bearding? I’m sure in her autobiog she said they had something, blatant lie from her then :(
Apparently he’s gay and allegedly in a relationship with Paul McKenna the hypnotist. It wouldn’t surprise me that he told her to put that in her autobiography if he is gay. She’ll have gotten free publicity and he’ll have a few people thinking that he’s straight.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.