Gilmore Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate to say it as this is a Gilmore Girls thread after all, duh 🙄 but I didn’t like it at all! It was the dullest most cringe show that i think I’ve ever watched!!😂😂😂 and I watched ITVBe as well!

The storylines just weren’t good/juicy enough, duck knows how it got so many seasons, I watched it for at least 10 episodes consecutively though, and thought that maybe it would grow on me, yet it never did!🤷🏼‍♀️

The guy, who owned the cafe though, Luke was it, -well he was gorgeous and I would have DTD with him 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I am a Gilmore Girls absolute STAN and have watched it multiple times, but this is the reason I never recommend it to anyone... because nothing actually ever happens and it is quite dull lol! Something about it, I think because I watched it growing up, always pulls me back in though. I hate the lead female characters and their personalities, they are very entitled and awful but I just love the show.

Yes, Luke is the only true good!

Reactions: 4
Team Rory needs to realise she is a an adult and doesn’t need a man to silver her problems because she makes them herself 😂

But honestly I do like the show. I enjoyed watching it but it is a bit meh. It definitely centres around the worst character is could. Rory is so boring. However, the whole quaint town atmosphere is lovely! I wish more shows did it that well.

Reactions: 3
I’m reading up on quotes from Amy Sherman Palladio and she says that she wrote Rory as there were no girls on TV who were smart and not boy obsessed - rory is 1000% boy obsessed!
What, how does she not realise that Rory is boy obsessed!

In the Pilot episode, Rory's character is literally set up to be boy obsessed, as her first storyline is her not wanting to go to the amazing private school she just got into because she met a cute boy at her old school, and then gets annoyed and storms off when she's called out on it.

Reactions: 5
The GG official social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram have both been really quite active for the past 6 months or so. There was a long gap before that where there wasn’t much posted. I do wonder whether there is another season a AYITL on the cards.

Reactions: 5
The GG official social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram have both been really quite active for the past 6 months or so. There was a long gap before that where there wasn’t much posted. I do wonder whether there is another season a AYITL on the cards.
I actually thought the ending was a perfect full circle, I don’t think the show should come back for another AYITL, but what are other people’s thoughts?

Reactions: 1
I'd like them to do another reunion, just to see what happened to Spoilt Brat and Logan and the baby. Both Gilmore Girls have their own name in my house, Spoilt Brat for Rory and Fickle Slut for Lorelai.

I've only discovered Gilmore Girls recently (just last year) and have re-watched them all three times now. It's quite relaxing viewing that doesn't require too much thinking about.

My husband laughs at me shouting at the TV. I shout at all the characters and can't understand some of their reactions to situations. I would have told the following to duck right off on several occasions:

All of them probably, but mainly Paris, Taylor, Emily, and Mrs Kim. That's not to say I don't like them as characters but they take the piss at times.

Poor Lane, she had the shittest storyline in the end. Pregnant after one shag with twins to a total loser. Did she ever have sex again?

All of the blokes are arseholes in their own way. Dean is possessive and blames Rory for everything. In fact, Rory is so shite at picking men, she seems to spend her entire time placating them for some supposed slight. Honest Luke not so honest after all. The whole fiasco with his horrible little daughter was just ridiculous. I quite liked Logan and wish that Rory had just accepted his proposal. Her principles left her with absolutely duck all by the end. I would have used every offer Mitchum gave me. Might as well have played him at his own game. It's not like she didn't love Logan. I can't imagine it would have been the hardest life to live.

Am back to Gossip Girl again for now. Might give Stars Hollow a miss for a couple of months otherwise I might end up knowing the whole script!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I loved the show when I watched it years ago lol. I try and watch it again now but cringe at both Rory and Lorelei so much lol.

I think the baby was Logan's. Do you guys agree?

Reactions: 2
I loved the show when I watched it years ago lol. I try and watch it again now but cringe at both Rory and Lorelei so much lol.

I think the baby was Logan's. Do you guys agree?
Yeah I think it makes sense it was Logan’s and that Rory is now living Lorelais life.
Baby Daddy poor little rich boy a la Christopher Hayden

Gilmore Girls is an odd one for me...i am on season 6 and don't think it's a great show but there is a nostalgic feeling about it. It is good background tv.

Reactions: 6
I've just finished it.

As time went on I just wanted to slap lorelai more and more. She is so mean to Emily. Get over it! Yes Emily had her faults but we did see a softer side to her & i think if lorelai had been kinder towards her we could have seen a lovely relationship develop.

Reactions: 7
I watched it for the first time a couple of years ago then stopped and picked up again during lockdown, they really did Lane dirty! what was the point of setting her storyline up of being so different to her mother, super smart, quirky and in a rock band only to make her get married straight out of school and have kids? So lazy and disappointing she had so much potential. #teamjess

Reactions: 9
I watched it for the first time a couple of years ago then stopped and picked up again during lockdown, they really did Lane dirty! what was the point of setting her storyline up of being so different to her mother, super smart, quirky and in a rock band only to make her get married straight out of school and have kids? So lazy and disappointing she had so much potential. #teamjess
Was very disappointed to see nothing had changed for her in the revival. Still with zac. Would have loved if they'd been on a world tour with the band and she was more successful than Rory

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone listen to Gilmore Guys podcast? It’s a few years old (2014) but his hosted by someone who is a absolute stan and has watched it for years and then someone watching for the first time - they take each episode at a time including the revival. It’s amazing, they get all the cast and crew on to chat and it’s just such a joy. Really recommend.

Glad I’ve found this thread! I was watching series 5 and getting slightly bored so I’ve just skipped to ATINTL and all of their voices are SO different!! It’s freaking me out 😂😂

Yeah I always really felt that they did the dirty on Lane - marrying zach so young, hating sex, getting pregnant after 1 bad time etc... agree she should have been bossing our in the revival as redemption for the tit character arch they have her.

I can’t bear Logan and I stop watching when it gets to the season he is in. He is the worst kind of man child and Rory liking him is so disappointing

team Jess all the way - he was awful in the beginning but he grew up, evolved and really redeemed himself. If anything now Rory isn’t good enough for him 😂

Reactions: 3
I've only just started watching it properly! On season 2, Jess has just arrived, Dean is barely in it anymore.

I've always been aware of it and have watched the odd ep on E4 over the years. Decided to commit to it for a) the cosy, feel-good element and b) I love Marvelous Mrs Maisel.* The writing is top notch and I love all the pop culture references. Stars Hollow is a dream town, could only exist in movies or tv.

It is slow-paced but I love waiting for the big moments you know will happen, like Emily and Lorelai's fights, neither of them holds back!

*Midge Maisel is so, SO similar to Lorelai Gilmore. The quipping, using humour to deal with anything, impulsiveness and especially the relationship with the parents.

I’ve made it through season 4 and I don’t think I can continue. I find them so irritating. It’s a shame since it’s a cosy town etc but most of the characters get on my nerves, except Luke. I just can’t anymore.

Gilmore girls has always been my comfort blanket, If I have lots on my mind and can’t switch off, this is the perfect escapism I think. Certain parts still make me laugh. I love the small town charm, and how the relationships with each other are.. of course Luke and Lorelai were meant to be together!

• Heart
Reactions: 9