Gilmore Girls

Team

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone watch Gilmore Girls?
I have been obsessed for years, since it was on E4 and now that it's on Netflix ,it's all I watch! I've seen every episode multiple times and the more I watch the more I start to hate the Gilmore Girls but love the other characters - Paris Geller is a queen!
I really, really, hated the revival too...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I have been obsessed for years, since it was on E4 and now that it's on Netflix it's all I watch! I've seen every episode multiple times and the more I watch the more I start to hate the Gilmore Girls but love the other characters - Paris Geller is a queen!
Are you my Netflix? On season 5 right now.

Honestly hated Dean the long haired cheater
Logan was a stuck up idiot and i hated the nickname "Ace" so corny

Jess was a bad boy that loved to read books. My kinda man

And Paros is definitely the star of the show called to those moaning Gilmore Girls who instead of finding solutions run to mummy or daddy or grandma Etc to fix their tit. Also rubbish to their besties Lane and Sookie more times then I can remember
Someone who agrees is this blogger

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Are you my Netflix? On season 5 right now.

Honestly hated Dean the long haired cheater
Logan was a stuck up idiot and i hated the nickname "Ace" so corny

Jess was a bad boy that loved to read books. My kinda man

And Paros is definitely the star of the show called to those moaning Gilmore Girls who instead of finding solutions run to mummy or daddy or grandma Etc to fix their tit. Also rubbish to their besties Lane and Sookie more times then I can remember
Someone who agrees is this blogger
Yeah I agree.... I really think the show starts going downhill from Season 5 onwards, Season 6 is particularly bad!

I am Team Jess too - he was fun, moody, intelligent and too good for Rory!
The Gilmore Girls act like they are such normal, small-town, girls but they act entitled and the epitome of what they try to distance themselves from aka upper-class white! Yes they are bad friends to everyone in the show including Luke, Sookie, Paris, Lane, Miss Patty..we could go on!

I really think Luke is the hero of the whole show (and Taylor, obvs!)

The only part of the revival I enjoyed was the Stars Hollow Musical because it was so wacky...and Emily being a museum worker!

I would also really recommend the Gilmore Guys podcast, they talk about every episode from the start - with one host having never seen the show and one host who is a superfan - they are fair and don't just hype up the characters as queens! They are also Team Paris which makes it even better!:love:

Reactions: 6
Used to love Gilmore girls 😃 Even though I used to wonder how they ate so much and were so thin🤣 I know it's not real....

Reactions: 8
I love gilmour girls- so glad to have found this thread as I was wondering what other people thought. I love Emily- there are just a couple of occasions I do think she is wrong tho. I like Luke, think he is good for Lorelai, Taylor drives me potty but love Kirk, Miss Patty and Babette 🤣. Lorelai and Rory drive me potty tho. Hate the way Lorelai is with Emily. I’m rewatching for bout the 3rd time and just at the start of season 6, and starting to despise Rory. She really does think something of herself. I’m definitely team Jess tho, Dean is a drip and Logan is too full of himself. Love to hear evertone else’s thoughts x

I just cant get on board with Jess as the best option for Rory 🙈 I find him rude to everyone including Rory. I feel like he wasnt a perfect fit for Rory at that time as he had no ambition or drive. He just wanted to read books (fair enough I've been there) and that was it. He also seemed to like stirring the pot or doing things that he knew would wind people up.
Initially I liked Dean but he was just the first boyfriend for Rory, he wasnt going to be anything else. I think if they had stayed together then he would have held Rory back from going to Yale and being able to travel etc. Especially seeing as he got married so young to Lindsay.
I'm kind of Team Logan but I dont like how he treated people, particularly Marty or people who didnt have as much money as him. He didnt know the value of money and kind of threw it in people's faces that he had unlimited amounts. Didnt like in the revival that he was cheating on his fiance with Rory and that she was okay with it.
I also like how I'm talking about them as if they are real people and I know them personally 🙈😂

I agree with others about how the more I watch it the more I start to actually dislike the Gilmore Girls, think Rory is very full of herself and Lorelai treats her mum terribly at times.
My favourite characters are Luke (maybe it's because I'm older now but I'm more attracted to him than any of the others 😂) Babette and Miss Patty, Kirk and Michel.
I strongly dislike April (to the point where I get irrationally angry when she enters the picture because she basically broke Lorelai and Luke up 😂), Lane (I'm not sure why) and Jason (he's a prick).

Thanks for reading my massive essay 👍🏻

I could talk about this show all day this and one tree hill are just 👍

See my opinion changes all the time of which one is better for rory i loved dean and hers relationship but ive felt it was more one sided dean loved her more

Jess i loved him as a bad boy kind of thing i liked the spark there.

But her and Logan's relationship i could watch all the time!

I wasnt sure of the netflix version at first but i full in love with the last episode

Reactions: 3
I just cant get on board with Jess as the best option for Rory 🙈 I find him rude to everyone including Rory. I feel like he wasnt a perfect fit for Rory at that time as he had no ambition or drive. He just wanted to read books (fair enough I've been there) and that was it. He also seemed to like stirring the pot or doing things that he knew would wind people up.
Initially I liked Dean but he was just the first boyfriend for Rory, he wasnt going to be anything else. I think if they had stayed together then he would have held Rory back from going to Yale and being able to travel etc. Especially seeing as he got married so young to Lindsay.
I'm kind of Team Logan but I dont like how he treated people, particularly Marty or people who didnt have as much money as him. He didnt know the value of money and kind of threw it in people's faces that he had unlimited amounts. Didnt like in the revival that he was cheating on his fiance with Rory and that she was okay with it.
I also like how I'm talking about them as if they are real people and I know them personally 🙈😂

I agree with others about how the more I watch it the more I start to actually dislike the Gilmore Girls, think Rory is very full of herself and Lorelai treats her mum terribly at times.
My favourite characters are Luke (maybe it's because I'm older now but I'm more attracted to him than any of the others 😂) Babette and Miss Patty, Kirk and Michel.
I strongly dislike April (to the point where I get irrationally angry when she enters the picture because she basically broke Lorelai and Luke up 😂), Lane (I'm not sure why) and Jason (he's a prick).

Thanks for reading my massive essay 👍🏻
I do understand what you mean about Jess, he was rude but there is something about him I quite liked. Yes I agree about April not keen on her. Lane- I just felt sorry for her in the end, I know she had the twins but I feel like she never got a happy ending she never even got to enjoy sex bless her.

lorelai is very petulant, even thought she wasn’t always the nicest to Sookie who I love x

Yes the ending to the revival was just perfect I think but the rest of it was awful but I’m also glad they didn’t make Rory out to be super successful as she doesn’t deserve it - she was never a credible journalist, she should never have made it onto the paper let alone be editor, she just didn’t have “it” (haha!) - I love that most people have said they fall out of love with the Gilmore Girls as time goes on.

I actually disagree and think that Luke was far too good for Lorelai, him and Anna would have made a nice couple - although I disliked the April storyline.

I think Lorelai was too selfish and entitled for Luke, she deserved to end up with someone like Christopher - privileged, rich, pretty boy and although I am Team Jess I really think Logan was the best match for the same reasons... she didn’t deserve Jess, especially when he got his act together. Jess and Logan’s scene in the bar just proved that to me!

I’m reading up on quotes from Amy Sherman Palladio and she says that she wrote Rory as there were no girls on TV who were smart and not boy obsessed - rory is 1000% boy obsessed!

Also the scene where they are at the pool in the revival just sums them up! Picking on innocent children to be at their beck and call and insulting strangers trying to have a good time!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Logan is Rory's Christopher, and Jess is her Luke

Gilmore girls is my absolute favourite show. Seen every season multiple times, I'm currently rewatching and film on S4 E1 Ballrooms & Biscotti.

Love Luke (although didnt like the way he acted about April) Babette, Taylor, Miss Patty, Jess and Sookie

Logan is Rory's Christopher, and Jess is her Luke

Gilmore girls is my absolute favourite show. Seen every season multiple times, I'm currently rewatching and film on S4 E1 Ballrooms & Biscotti.

Love Luke (although didnt like the way he acted about April) Babette, Taylor, Miss Patty, Jess and Sookie
Ah that's such a good way of putting it!

What are people's favorite episodes or moments?

I am OBSESSED with the episodes with Paris in the bunker, just so funny.

One of my favourite moments is Rory’s valedictorian speech when she graduates Chilton, always brings tears to my eyes.

Reactions: 8
One of my favourite moments is Rory’s valedictorian speech when she graduates Chilton, always brings tears to my eyes.
Yes that scene is so moving and the cute faces at the end make it better!

Oh no actually, my absolute favourite is Richard’s speech at the vow renewal.

“For tonight, and tonight only, my name is Bill...and this is our song."

*chefs kiss*

Reactions: 5
Team Jess 100%. I feel like the revival didnt do lorelai any favours but was particularly unkind to Rory.

I watched Gilmore Girls when I was 30 so maybe I would have had a different opinion if I was watching as a teen or in my early 20s but I was never able to get on board with Logan and the Life and Death Brigade..... Ok - you're rich... we get it.... but dressing up in period clothing to jump off a height while attached to some sort of zipline?? And it seems to be such a famous graphic for the show.... I just cant understand how people love the yale years.

I could rant forever on the later seasons but the earlier seasons are so lovely and homely and just heartwarming.

Team Jess 100%. I feel like the revival didnt do lorelai any favours but was particularly unkind to Rory.

I watched Gilmore Girls when I was 30 so maybe I would have had a different opinion if I was watching as a teen or in my early 20s but I was never able to get on board with Logan and the Life and Death Brigade..... Ok - you're rich... we get it.... but dressing up in period clothing to jump off a height while attached to some sort of zipline?? And it seems to be such a famous graphic for the show.... I just cant understand how people love the yale years.

I could rant forever on the later seasons but the earlier seasons are so lovely and homely and just heartwarming.
Yep I agree that prank was pathetic. Funny I watched it as I was in secondary school and I was firmly Team Jess but I actually liked Logan when watching but as I’ve got older and rewatched I really think him and his friends are awful, I agree the You Jump I Jump Jack bit was anything but adventurous!
I also really hate in later seasons when Logan jumps off a cliff in Costa Rica and then Rory screams at Mitcham for not coming to the hospital - Mitcham was right, he needed some tough love and to grow up!

My all time favourite show, can’t count the number of times I’ve watched it through.

There is no character better than Emily

I have been obsessed for years, since it was on E4 and now that it's on Netflix ,it's all I watch! I've seen every episode multiple times and the more I watch the more I start to hate the Gilmore Girls but love the other characters - Paris Geller is a queen!
I hate to say it as this is a Gilmore Girls thread after all, duh 🙄 but I didn’t like it at all! It was the dullest most cringe show that i think I’ve ever watched!!😂😂😂 and I watched ITVBe as well!

The storylines just weren’t good/juicy enough, duck knows how it got so many seasons, I watched it for at least 10 episodes consecutively though, and thought that maybe it would grow on me, yet it never did!🤷🏼‍♀️

The guy, who owned the cafe though, Luke was it, -well he was gorgeous and I would have DTD with him 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
I was team Jess but think most of it is down to loving the actor :ROFLMAO:

Logan ended up being ok nearer the end of the series I think (the original series not the revival - the less said about that the better 😂) did love the episode where he called Rory out on her priviliege though!