Gigs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love this thread!!!

Best - I can’t pick one specific gig but Panic! at the Disco are my favourite ever band. I’ve been lucky enough to seem them 9 times across gigs and festivals and it’s always been so special and I end up an emotional mess every time. Phenomenal live.
P!ATD was one of my most disappointing :( I'd seen Twenty One Pilots a fortnight before and they blew my absolute mind so Brendon Urie just singing on stage wasn't doing it for me. Wouldn't bother going to see them again.

Foo Fighters at MKBowl were also quite disappointing, they were supported by Iggy Pop and the whole thing was just cringey meh.

Reactions: 2
omg love this!!
best was either catfish and the bottlemen, nottingham, 2019
or twenty one pilots, manchester, 2015(??)
amazing vibes, right at the front for catb and top was great as they weren’t a huge band yet

worse- honestly liam gallagher in 2018, just felt like he was there for the money, no proper interaction but i saw him at leeds last weekend and had a MUCH better experience- best set of the weekend
also arctic monkeys in 2018 for the TBHC tour, didn’t rly like the album and the vibes weren’t good. was just wanting to be on the AM or earlier tour tbh

Reactions: 1
P!ATD was one of my most disappointing :( I'd seen Twenty One Pilots a fortnight before and they blew my absolute mind so Brendon Urie just singing on stage wasn't doing it for me. Wouldn't bother going to see them again.
oh that’s a shame! I saw panic live in Florida a few years ago, I thought they were amazing but I’m from the UK so it might have been the excitement of seeing a gig in a different country that made me love it. I also saw blink 182 in Florida in 2017 and I thought they were amazing but my childhood crush tom delonge had left the band at that point so wasn’t the same without him lol.

oh that’s a shame! I saw panic live in Florida a few years ago, I thought they were amazing but I’m from the UK so it might have been the excitement of seeing a gig in a different country that made me love it. I also saw blink 182 in Florida in 2017 and I thought they were amazing but my childhood crush tom delonge had left the band at that point so wasn’t the same without him lol.
TBF I think if it had been the other way round I'd have really enjoyed the Panic gig, it was just the TOP go so OTT with everything (staging, effects etc.) that someone just standing and singing was a bit dull! Plus we had seats kinda to the very side of the stage, so we didn't get a great view.

TBF I think if it had been the other way round I'd have really enjoyed the Panic gig, it was just the TOP go so OTT with everything (staging, effects etc.) that someone just standing and singing was a bit dull! Plus we had seats kinda to the very side of the stage, so we didn't get a great view.
Yes I totally understand that, some bands/artists just put in more effort with the small details which I love! I haven’t actually listened to TOPs albums before but I’m intrigued now so I’ll look them up on Spotify 😀

I haven’t got any future gigs lined up unfortunately but it’s my dream to see placebo live!
Couldn't believe it when Placebo🖤 played my crappy home town a few years ago. Sadly I couldn't make it as I was scheduled in for my C-Section on that date. Sorry Brian :ROFLMAO:

Really want to see Interpol next year but it's sold out :(

Couldn't believe it when Placebo🖤 played my crappy home town a few years ago. Sadly I couldn't make it as I was scheduled in for my C-Section on that date. Sorry Brian :ROFLMAO:

Really want to see Interpol next year but it's sold out :(
Aw no way! well I hope you named your child Brian out of respect 😜😂

ohh gutted re Interpol, another great band I’ve never had the pleasure of seeing.

Incubus is another to add to that list for me. Hopefully one day 🤞🏻Assuming they are still together.

Yes I totally understand that, some bands/artists just put in more effort with the small details which I love! I haven’t actually listened to TOPs albums before but I’m intrigued now so I’ll look them up on Spotify 😀
I am obsessed with them :) They've got a very divisive style but they've written some of my favourite songs ever. Very like P!ATD with their lyrics but the tone and style of their songs are quite varied.

Best - Pearl Jam, Pixies and Tool
Glad to see Tool were one of your best gigs - I just booked a ticket to see them at the O2 in May 2022!!!

The best gigs I've been to were A Perfect Circle (2004), Queens of the Stone Age (2002) Garbage (2002) and - don't laugh - the first time I saw Status Quo (2004) 😂😂 Seriously, I bought tickets for my Dad for a birthday or Christmas as he was a long-time fan and was pleasantly surprised!

Also must mention the first festival I went to which was V2001 (Staffordshire). Saw RHCP, Foo Fighters and Placebo! (That I can remember anyway 😂😂)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Glad to see Tool were one of your best gigs - I just booked a ticket to see them at the O2 in May 2022!!!

The best gigs I've been to were A Perfect Circle (2004), Queens of the Stone Age (2002) Garbage (2002) and - don't laugh - the first time I saw Status Quo (2004) 😂😂 Seriously, I bought tickets for my Dad for a birthday or Christmas as he was a long-time fan and was pleasantly surprised!

Also must mention the first festival I went to which was V2001 (Staffordshire). Saw RHCP, Foo Fighters and Placebo! (That I can remember anyway 😂😂)
I seen them in Barcelona. They are amazing. Placebo are such an amazing band!

Got tickets to see Warpaint in May. Hoping to see some other gigs in beforehand though. All on 2022 now it seems.

Off to my first, post-Covid, proper indoor gig on Saturday, seeing Grace Petrie in Nottingham. I've been to a couple of outdoor, socially distanced gigs but prior to that my last was February 2020 😭

Worst gig was probably Blink 182 in Manchester in 2017, I'd seen them at Leeds festival in 2014 and loved them, but on this occasion it felt very much like "come on stage, churn out the songs and duck off". I thought it could be because Tom had left, but they did cancel a couple of shows after because Mark was ill, so maybe he wasn't feeling his best.

Not sure I could pick a best, there's too many!

The Cure just announced a European tour 😭 has anyone been to a gig by themselves? I’m tempted to go but haven’t ever been to a gig without friends and I’m not sure how enjoyable it would be alone.

• Heart
Great thread....Best gig I ever seen was...bon jovi,van halen,thunder and ugly kid joe at Wembley stadium in 95...

The Cure just announced a European tour 😭 has anyone been to a gig by themselves? I’m tempted to go but haven’t ever been to a gig without friends and I’m not sure how enjoyable it would be alone.
Hello! I have been to many, many gigs on my own since the 90s and I love it. I actually prefer to go on my own. You can arrive when you like, stand where you like and go totally mental without worrying about what anyone else is thinking if you want to! Once the band is on stage it’s just you and the music and nothing else matters. Definitely go!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Worse: Kodaline.

Best: Foo Fighters (always great) and John Mayer on his birthday.

i got tickets to see them in october! 🖤

i've been to a gig on my own before and had a great time! i had three tequila shots & two vodka red bulls as soon as i arrived and by the end of the night i made some great friends 😂

• Heart
Going to see Stormzy is 72 years old tomorrow night, and I went to see Simply Red twice this year.

Best gigs I've been to have been Marvin Gaye and The Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

Worst ever gig waś Sparks.

• Heart