Gifts for a christening

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello
I am hoping anyone who has a child can suggest a useful gift for a christening. I don’t have any children myself and zero knowledge on baby gifts and I have no idea what you guys would consider tat or treasure . I googled online and there seems to be lots of personalised stuff but is that really useful ? What would you actually like to receive ?
Thanks so much for any help.

We got a really lovely bowl and spoon from someone and that was very handy with weaning. We got a lot of personalised books with stories and also nursery rhymes which were lovely and will definitely keep. We also got a willow tree figurine, engraved cutlery, money (we set up a savings account for her so all her money she gets goes straight in there) and vouchers for clothes (always handy).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We got a really lovely bowl and spoon from someone and that was very handy with weaning. We got a lot of personalised books with stories and also nursery rhymes which were lovely and will definitely keep. We also got a willow tree figurine, engraved cutlery, money (we set up a savings account for her so all her money she gets goes straight in there) and vouchers for clothes (always handy).
Love all of these suggestions!!

The idea for vouchers is great! Babies grow so fast and you always ended up being given way more than you need 😂 love the idea also of cash for a bank account 👏🏼

Yeah we find the vouchers very handy because of how quickly babies grow 😂 and I always think it's nice to use the voucher and then send the person a photo of her in the outfit or a pic of it so that they know what their voucher has been spent on

My go to is the Lego Noah's Ark (not sure if it's Duplo or just chunky toddler sized Lego).

I also like giving books.

Oops I meant Playmobil123. Not Lego!

If you are close to the child/parents I would suggest a thoughtful personalised gift like a keepsake box. Otherwise, money in a card! When my son was christened most people chose the latter and he ended up with over £1500 in his bank account, gets them off to a great start :)

I just got my friend a frame off etsy with scrabble pieces with significant names from the family ie. Mums name, dads name, daughters name, sons name, dogs name.

My friend absolutely loved it...

I just got my friend a frame off etsy with scrabble pieces with significant names from the family ie. Mums name, dads name, daughters name, sons name, dogs name.

My friend absolutely loved it...
This is an interesting idea. Did you do it yourself or bought somewhere?

Another fan here of Etsy for Christening gifts, all sorts of gorgeous pictures on there - scrabble pics, family trees, button pictures etc

My go to is a lovely piggy bank with a £10/£20 note inside

Reactions: 2
When my daughter was born, my family all gave cash and we bought premium bonds with it - ok there's only been 1 win in 13 years but when she's 18 she can decide what she wants to do with them.
Going forward i wished i had put it into an account for her to gain interest.

Mine each hard a nice large hardback book - all the Winnie the Pooh stories, full works of Beatrix Potter, something like that.

A photo book of their special moments so far! ( made online) Works really well if mum/dad post on social media a lot with things like pictures captioned ‘ my first day at the farm’ & ‘today I got my first tooth’ I’ve made 3 so far for friends children, also depends how old they are and how many photos you have of them/ have access too but I think a photo book is wonderful! Groupon have lots of deals for £3.99 photo books from printer pix , then when you make the book on printer pix and check out its £5.99 delivery so in total the book costs you a tenner but is something the baby / parents will keep for life and cherish x

We bought a small tree for them to plant in the garden.
I love this idea.

My dad planted a tree for me when I was a baby, and my parents took pictures of me next to it while I was growing up to compare our heights. It still feels like an old friend when I go home for a visit.