#GIfted how about gift to the homeless who has nothing:(

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really makes me angry when I see people on YouTube or Instagram say they have been gifted this or gifted that and then show it off yes it's great for business for people to show of there products but what about all the homeless people who have nothing and not even a roof over there head? If anything they should be the ones getting GIfts 😡 what's your views?

Reactions: 6
It really makes me angry when I see people on YouTube or Instagram say they have been gifted this or gifted that and then show it off yes it's great for business for people to show of there products but what about all the homeless people who have nothing and not even a roof over there head? If anything they should be the ones getting GIfts 😡 what's your views?
Agree that homeless people should be helped more.
And think YouTubers giving food etc to homeless people so they can then put it on then channel and thus earn money for it is disgusting but that’s a different rant altogether.

The fact is companies aren’t going to gift homeless people stuff because it’s doing nothing for them. They do the #gifted stuff because by doing so, x influencer shows the product to 500,000 people for them, it’s the same as advertising on the break for Coronation Street for example.

A homeless person with their things isn’t going to make people want to go out and buy it.

That’s all it boils down to really. Some big companies do donate to homeless people such as certain food places etc but I guess because it’s not all over social media not everyone knows about it.

Reactions: 3
The Rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer

Does anyone think Celebrities need to be gifted bags, shoes and products? nope

Reactions: 4
This annoys me too! The likes of Tom and Gi Fletcher have been gifted a Disney trip for the 2nd time in two years. They could easily afford it themselves and they haven't even declared it's gifted! It's only because Carrie let it slip that we know!

Reactions: 1
The Rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer

Does anyone think Celebrities need to be gifted bags, shoes and products? nope
No way it really annoys me and the swipe ups drive me crazy Instagram has just turned into a huge money maker and for people to look desperate while showing off there new expensive items that we must all use and have and can make other people feel poor and not as good as them :(

Controversial 😩
This isn’t charity, it’s advertising. We can’t confuse the two.
Yes others would benefit more from the items and yes it is unfair, absolutely.
But Barbara and John at number 20 with the triplets aren’t going to get the views and interaction Tom and Gi Fletcher are.
(I do think Undeclared ads/spons/gifts should be reported)

I feel 15 years ago none of us would have looked at a billboard and commented that the money used on that should have been given to the homeless.
This is no different really.
Just my opinion!

Reactions: 5
Controversial 😩
This isn’t charity, it’s advertising. We can’t confuse the two.
Yes others would benefit more from the items and yes it is unfair, absolutely.
But Barbara and John at number 20 with the triplets aren’t going to get the views and interaction Tom and Gi Fletcher are.
(I do think Undeclared ads/spons/gifts should be reported)

I feel 15 years ago none of us would have looked at a billboard and commented that the money used on that should have been given to the homeless.
This is no different really.
Just my opinion!
I have this opinion as well, it’s not freebies for the sake of freebies, it’s advertising. An advertising budget gets spent, whether it gets spent on freebies to celebs or on traditional style advertising. My only issue with gifting/ads is failing to declare. I don’t really care if people get stuff gifted if they declare properly.

It's just a commercial decision, the people that run these companies have an obligation to shareholders to spend their marketing budget to give the best return.

Undisclosed shady adverts sadly give such a good return on investment as they seem natural and genuine if done correctly. Complaining to regulators and highlighting peoples dishonestly on tattle does do some good to improve the situation.

Unfollow anyone that says "kindly gifted"

Reactions: 4