Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chrissy2228

Am I the only person that finds this woman seriously annoying- so smug and self satisfied!
“Look at my enormous house/ pink door/chickens/massive kitchen/new clothes/lipsticks “ etc etc ( most of which are #gifted)
Oh and while you’re at it, come and buy one of my drop of hope necklaces at £200 a pop!
Now it’s the fit flops! See how many times I can get them in a photo....
Show showing off woman! Drives me mad!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve followed Sally for years now, loved her light hearted stories. I don’t mind ads or affiliates so long as they are clear, after all we wouldn’t turn down some income from doing something we enjoy. However, after seeing her flogging her masterclass, which doesn’t even include a physical copy, for £65 pound to people who maybe struggling in the current climate I have unfollowed. I’m actually disappointed and appalled at her lack of insight into what is going on in the world right now.

Reactions: 15

Eyeswideopen

She was much more relatable before she quit her job to do insta full time and ramped up the ads and aff links...well I say that I think they have been around for a while but like the rest didn’t bother to declare it in the past and just left you thinking how can these people afford all this when I go to work etc...then it all became very apparent! Hate how she speaks to viewers like they are stupid “I know this is boring and you don’t even care but I’ve got to declare this because...”. Yeah she does charity work and that’s all good but she still is f@#%ing annoying!!

Sadfart

Yes, she's middle class, but she can't help that can she? Totally applaud what she does for DKMS but IMHO the endless ads and paid partnerships have ruined her feed. She recently did a big speal about the work involved but really - do we care? There is a lot of work involved in my job but I don't bleat on about it. The constant trying to justify making money off followers is becoming tiresome across the Influencer board.

Missmarie

She will go to the opening of an envelope this one front row when #rvkloves did that ridiculous balance beauty collaboration Recently went with Cara Suthers to the Joules weekend in Cornwall as she wasn’t invited herself so was Caras +1. Did make me think do they have any real friends these people ?? Yes she uses her platform for some good but does she have to be so god dam desperate . An absolute arse lick for the big accounts.

Reactions: 14

Stella27

I sometimes feel like the work she does for charity is more about HER? I don’t know how to explain it. Its almost like ‘look at me, I’m so amazing’
When she did the abseil she posted a video (that was quickly deleted?) of her doing a twirl with the Wonder Woman theme tune playing over it. It’s just a bit 🤦🏼‍♀️ Maybe it’s just who she is. A smug git.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I first started following when she was a humble hairdresser. She very quickly became Queen of the Smug Posh Huns … nothing but ads and showing off. But you cant say a bad word because her husband had cancer and they’ve done some fundraising. Reminds me of Elle FTEN.

Reactions: 13

Starshining

VIP Member
Sally, oh Sally. Where do we start?

Firstly, what was the dancing with the mop around the kitchen about? You are better than that 🤷🏼‍♀️

Secondly, Covid-10 Memo? Sally, I know you are trying to “create content” in difficult times but you are WAY off the mark here. To date, 36,793 people have died of Covid-19.

Covid-10 Memo, no matter how innocent it was meant, was in bad taste. Obviously Sally and family have not had anyone close to them die of this dreadful virus otherwise she may have realised that it was ill judged.
Third and finally, accepting a free gift from Elemis, which is a luxe brand to some people, then justifying accepting this gift by doing us all the favour by giving us a code?!

Sally has missed the recent tone of Instagram where boasting and “look what I received in the post” maybe, hopefully will be a smug gesture of the past.

Sally’s instachum (Feathers) has got the tone right since lockdown. Has publicly said she will not accept or be paid for advertising items for her baby and in lieu of this, donations can be made to the charity she volunteers for. Today she posted that a company offered her a back pack and she accepted on the premise that she could give it as a giveaway. Correct tone Sally.
I’ve unfollowed Sally now as it was a step of greed too far. The Elemis gift could have been given away as a prize for the blood cancer charity she is an ambassador for.

Attachments

• Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I didn't realise this thread existed! I'd searched but hadn't found it so had taken to ranting about her on other threads.
GSDIH was one of the very very first people i ever followed on Insta - and was then the first I unfollowed.
Back in the day she was a hairdresser and had a pretty, rustic kitchen and posted nice pictures. What has she become ?? The greed of these women is unreal. Her husband's insta-description (back pre-cancer etc) used to be that he had to "maintain an expensive wife" ... and that just sums it up. He earns tons of money and she is a hair dresser who got lucky. Its very easy to devote your life to social media when you don't have to worry how the bills are being paid.

• Heart

Starshining

VIP Member
Sally isn’t as bad as some of her instahuns but today I did stop at this story
29A65207-C001-4153-A049-C1CBC8D11C51.jpeg

Yes, it is lovely Sally if you are given it for free but a lot of people would look at this as a considered purchase at £42. Yes it would be an excellent gift, again, if you are handed it for free.

Sally needs to be a bit more humble with her #freebies. If she had chosen to do a giveaway with her #gift I would have had more respect

Reactions: 11
Unfollowed ages ago.

My brother was going through blood cancer 4 years ago I messaged her to see if she could send me any useful links/advice she read my message and never replied. Not even an acknowledgment. My brother was stage 4 at the time and thanks to the royal marsden he survived.

Sorry to say it’s all an act with her. She’s a well off Surrey housewife who makes out her privileged existence is justified because she helps raise awareness and does charidee work.
I’m not buying any of it. She is not kind she’s fake.
Smug, vapid, self conscious, gauche, thinks she is so cool and uses the same tired repetitive jokes and unfunny quips.

I heard she had been on here to put people “straight”… maybe get some self awareness and go back to being a hairdresser and earn an honest living not merching BS on IG. She actually makes my skin crawl.

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
She's been a money grabbing manipulative cow since day 1. I unfollowed ages shop after she raised awareness of dkms and then off the back of that 'designed' a tear drop necklace to express her grief and made an absolute fortune. She's besties with Anna mathur and they've obviously exchanged notes on how to exploit the very vulnerable. Anna us currently churning out a course a week at great profit basically telling us all how to be mums/ be happy/ be kind/ self care etc etc. These rich women ate the absolute pits of Insta and deserve to be outed.

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Seriously wtaf. There are books on Amazon for less than a tenner written by educated, professionals excelling in their fields of IT, technology, online business. Actual books. Actual physical books with hundreds of pages of info. Really appalling that Sally thinks it's acceptable to have a pdf for 65 quid! During a pandemic. Knowing full well Insta is an mlm bubble and there will be at least 1k people who will buy the pdf just to get likes by association. No wonder she was nervous. I would be too if I was on the cusp of fleecing vulnerable people.

• Heart

helloheyholla

Just seen her do an ad for Waitrose using essential products for people who are watching pennies. It was beautifully edited and lovely done but and this is not a criticism at her but at Waitrose asking a lady who lives in leafy Surrey in a detached multi million pound house to tell us how to watch our pennies. I feel it’s so out of touch with reality and frankly patronising. The White company I get it is marketed at certain audience. But this just no.

• Angry
  • Heart

Aazp8687

Disgusting antics. Hope you’re bringing out a masterclass on how to be an honest instagrammer )don’t be hiding those aff links), the role of an influencer with a big following (you are influencing many sheep who are vulnerable and naive, particularly young girls who want to get rich quick!) and the negativity growing an account can bring (you say trolling, I say opinions), along with the anxiety and self help so many big influencers bang on about due to their job........ it’s not all free holidays and pretty photos.

Reactions: 10

Stella27

I’m lost for words. Her masterclass? My style story has got her bang on.
Disgusting. Who on earth does she think she is?
Also, anyone else feel like she’s virtually forced that woman to become her friend? The one who used to own/run that farmhouse? 🙄

CuckooLand

My goodness.... not sure I’ve commented on this thread before but how many times do we need to be shown the secret door, the new flashy kitchen, the view from the new bedroom. Now the spiral staircase has appeared though maybe it’s appeared before, I’ve had to scroll past when I spy a picture on my insta reel. Am beginning to feel more and more cheesed off with Sally. I used to love watching her stories etc but it’s all become a bit of a brag brag brag. Boring! I’ve already culled many of her so called ‘friends’, sadly this could be the next! 🥱

• Heart
Does anyone else find her dog walk chats really annoying
Yes, it’s the main reason I unfollowed. Everyday she’d do the same thing and mention axe murderers and swamps, then laugh to herself like it was the most hilarious joke 🙄 I used to quite like her at first but she got so mundane.

• Wow