Gentleman Jack

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so glad, I do like a period drama on a Sunday night and this one is great. The stuff to the camera has me in stitches. And for an hour a week I wonder about my sexuality as I fancy the pants/skirt off her :unsure: Which is weird as I didn't fancy her at all in Dr Foster.

Villanelle, Killing Eve, has much the same effect and again in Dr Foster, I felt nothing. The mister gives me proper side eye. Just shows what great actresses they both are.

I am happy the story of Anne is getting out more too; I remember a BBC drama that was made about 10 years ago with Maxine Peak, i think it was a 2 parter and Sue Perkins did a follow up documentary about her so i have been intrigued by the story for a while. I have tried to find it on Youtube but they only have a 2 min trailer. There are some good interviews with Suranne and Sally the writer that are worth a watch.

Reactions: 3
I am so glad, I do like a period drama on a Sunday night and this one is great. The stuff to the camera has me in stitches. And for an hour a week I wonder about my sexuality as I fancy the pants/skirt off her :unsure: Which is weird as I didn't fancy her at all in Dr Foster.

Villanelle, Killing Eve, has much the same effect and again in Dr Foster, I felt nothing. The mister gives me proper side eye. Just shows what great actresses they both are.

I am happy the story of Anne is getting out more too; I remember a BBC drama that was made about 10 years ago with Maxine Peak, i think it was a 2 parter and Sue Perkins did a follow up documentary about her so i have been intrigued by the story for a while. I have tried to find it on Youtube but they only have a 2 min trailer. There are some good interviews with Suranne and Sally the writer that are worth a watch.
I've visited Shibden Hall where it's filmed, I can't wait to go back now I've watched the series.

I'm on the other side of the Pennines but its going on my 'places to visit' list. The mister is yorkshire born and bred so he drags me over them there hills often.

I knew I was going to love it when Anne first appeared on the Carriage and says hello to the servant guy and he replied "how do". Proper Yorkshire, love it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I love it because it’s not just about Anne being “oooo a lesbian! In the early 1800s! We’re so woke!” but development of a really rich character. Suranne has absolutely rocked the role.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I posted on another thread that I'm not enjoying it as much as first series....but I am still enjoying it enough to stick with it. Have to say I am more interested in the family with the pigs storyline.

I loved this last series. I just can’t get on with this year. I’m watching it out of loyalty, but Anne Lister is really irritating me 😂