Weight Loss advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok so in my heart of hearts I no there is no fast answer but interested to no which weight loosing ways worked for you? Since lockdown I have gained two stone , I feel disgusting and won’t leave the house for fear of people seeing me , any help is much appreciated

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Ok so in my heart of hearts I no there is no fast answer but interested to no which weight loosing ways worked for you? Since lockdown I have gained two stone , I feel disgusting and won’t leave the house for fear of people seeing me , any help is much appreciated
If you want to lose quickly I would recommend Keto! I lost over a stone in 3 weeks and maintaining well still by staying on plan 5 days and then relaxing for some meals at the weekend.

I feel lots better for it, also hit the food big time at the beginning of lockdown and felt awful

Reactions: 2
If you want to lose quickly I would recommend Keto! I lost over a stone in 3 weeks and maintaining well still by staying on plan 5 days and then relaxing for some meals at the weekend.

I feel lots better for it, also hit the food big time at the beginning of lockdown and felt awful
I'm starting a keto diet next week. Do you ever feel hungry?

Yes initially, but I just nibbled on some cheese and sliced meat from the fridge. Did get a headache from the sugar withdrawal initially but it was ok after a couple of days

Reactions: 1
I started exante it's been hard I do 3 products a day and a 200 cal low carb low fat meal so 900 day. Sometimes I don't stick to 800 and have between that and 1000.

For the past few weeks I've eaten like a student who has just hit their loan in. I feel gross one last takeaway tonight and when I'm back in work next week it's back to it

Reactions: 3
Please don't be hard on yourself 💕sometimes a quick fix can make us binge. Slow & steady wins the race.

Calorie deficit really. When it comes down to it you could eat your calories in chocolate or salad. You'll still only lose when you're in a deficit. Don't restrict too much, you still want a balance so it's sustainable.
It's easier to go into deficit by doing a mix of exercising & calorie control. Try to move around more when your in the house. If you have stairs use them as your exercise, or housework as your cardio. Its a challenging time just now but you'll get there 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Intermittent fasting is supposed to be really good for quick weightloss. You also need to look at your overall habits - start calorie tracking.

Don’t lose weight fast, lose weight sensibly. Track your calories and move more. And bang the water down you like it’s the last Bit of water on earth.

Reactions: 7
Use My Fitness Pal and pay attention to the nutrients part.
Move more as well.
Drink water, water, water

Reactions: 3
THANKYOU ALL! - I have been calorie counting and drinking lots and lots of water , although the number on the scales hasn’t changed I feel a huge amount better about myself , my clothes are not as tight and I feel lighter over all so trying to not focus on the number on the scales !

• Heart
Reactions: 4
THANKYOU ALL! - I have been calorie counting and drinking lots and lots of water , although the number on the scales hasn’t changed I feel a huge amount better about myself , my clothes are not as tight and I feel lighter over all so trying to not focus on the number on the scales !
Well done! Do you exercise?x

Great! I always find using a measuring tape is also good for monitoring 😊

No 😭 I find I’m rubbish at exercising and even if I do a dvd I find I half hearted do it!
Try walking! I've never been one to go out for walks, but since lockdown I have been going for a long daily walk, as well as eating high protein healthy meals and the weight has dropped off. I also felt full all of the time because of the protein too.

Good luck, losing weight is so hard! Rooting for you!

• Heart
Try walking! I've never been one to go out for walks, but since lockdown I have been going for a long daily walk, as well as eating high protein healthy meals and the weight has dropped off. I also felt full all of the time because of the protein too.

Good luck, losing weight is so hard! Rooting for you!
Thankyou lovely ! Will give it a go ! I think I’m definitely guilty of driving to the corner shop For milk etc when in reality I could just walk !

No 😭 I find I’m rubbish at exercising and even if I do a dvd I find I half hearted do it!
I would definitely recommend starting couch to 5k. It made me fall in love with running and I feel absolutely amazing for it. I feel that diet alone isn’t enough, exercising will honestly make you feel like a new person. I used to DESPISE running, absolutely hated it but now I get excited about going. But give me a home work our or a dvd and I have zero motivation x

Sorry if it’s been mentioned already, but I’ve heard people pretty insistent that sw and ww are essentially a cult. I mean I guess I can see that when sw has a syns (not far off sin) system. And it does kind of boil down to weekly meetings where you sit down with a bunch of people and after a while you are going to gain or maintain and no matter the reaction of the group, you’re going to feel ashamed of that.
My ex was a WW fan at one point. Lost loads of weight but it just wasn’t maintainable. Some days he would live on a tuna salad and soup - massive calorie deficit. It got to the point where we couldnt have a nice meal out without the first 30 minutes involving him being glued to his phone calculating calories or his ww points.Then once he lost the weight he went through this period of serious binge eating. I mean I used to go to his house and find that he’d eaten two tubs of ben and Jerry’s I’m one sitting. And this kind of behaviour doesn’t just affect the person doing this kind of diet.
Personally, I lost around 4stone just making sure I was in calorie deficit. You have to put the blinkers on to the bullshit out there too- like bogus diets telling you that you can lose 15lbs in a week. Understanding the difference between water weight/ fluctuations and actual fat loss is super important. Slow and steady is more maintainable in the long run

Reactions: 6
Does drinking loads of water actually help weight loss or do people suggest it as it fills you up? Curious because it’s always mentioned (I mean, I know drinking water is good for you, just wondered the correlation between that and dieting).
I’m starting today! I’ve done loads of reading about and I’m going for calorie deficit and seeing if i can finally tackle my awful portion control. I’m also going to try some exercise. 😱

I would recommend follow James Smith PT on social media. He can be quite blunt but he makes so much sense re weight loss. His general motto is calorie deficit (no weird crazy restrictive diets!), move more & Eat less. He simplifies it really well. He has a calorie calculator on his website if you want to work out how many calories you should be aiming for for weight loss/muscle gain. I generally aim for 10,000 steps a day minimum, high protein diet and lots of water x