Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's interesting reading they don't like their voice. I can always tell on a podcast if a guest is a transwoman, something about the tone? Not sure what causes it, hormones perhaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It's almost as if 'transitioning' doesn't make someone happier? This is frightening, it's honestly building some young men up to serial killer levels of self hate.
The tone this person is using reminds me of when r/incel still used to exist - you would get women who had been single their whole lives and who really struggled with their self confidence pop in occasionally for help and support only to be told that women have no idea how it is to suffer the way that they have, because every woman can 'go to a bar at 4:30 and pull no matter how ugly they are' so no woman is ever actually single.

The thing is that 'normal looking cis girls' and 'plain Janes' and also the 'pretty girls' are often wrecked by the same insecurities about not feeling womanly or pretty enough that this guy posts, especially when they're in their teens and twenties, but this person seems to have the mindset that this struggle is only a trans thing.

Reactions: 13
It's interesting reading they don't like their voice. I can always tell on a podcast if a guest is a transwoman, something about the tone? Not sure what causes it, hormones perhaps?
I think they put it on. Usually sounds like Kermit

The tone this person is using reminds me of when r/incel still used to exist - you would get women who had been single their whole lives and who really struggled with their self confidence pop in occasionally for help and support only to be told that women have no idea how it is to suffer the way that they have, because every woman can 'go to a bar at 4:30 and pull no matter how ugly they are' so no woman is ever actually single.

The thing is that 'normal looking cis girls' and 'plain Janes' and also the 'pretty girls' are often wrecked by the same insecurities about not feeling womanly or pretty enough that this guy posts, especially when they're in their teens and twenties, but this person seems to have the mindset that this struggle is only a trans thing.
Their view of women is paper thin. No idea what the reality is like.

Reactions: 11
Your experience makes me bleeping angry. I agree with what you said and in equal measure find it disgraceful and disgusting the treatment you have had (by LGBT people and Men). The thing for me I have always found the company of Lesbian women more tolerant and accepting, and thats as a gay man. I've never been able to explain that, but then I've never questioned it either. Most of my friends are male and straight, I don't live a life of gay adornment.

I can't ever profess to know the experience of Lesbian women, but I can appreciate and understand it, and what you say for me rings true. LGBT+ etc is supposed to be about inclusivity and acceptance, yet Lesbian women have IMHO always struggled for that amongst the rest in LGBT......there are so few if any Lesbian bars, clubs and services these days. Canal St in Manchester is overwhelmingly catered towards Gay Men.......Lesbian Women have one bar for their own and even then that is struggling to keep going (pre COVID).

I mean why can't women just be women (in all their shapes, sizes and looks)?

Queer has a different meaning where I come from in the NE, its still used with its original meaning to this day.
I never knew there were bars that existed just for lesbians...there are none in my city, they are all catered to gay men and I've had some great nights out in them, but only met 2 other women who weren't straight...I do feel sometimes lesbians are being forgotten about, it's ironic since its the first letter in LGBT.

And by no means do I mean certain focus should be made based on the position of the letters correlating to each group.

I never knew there were bars that existed just for lesbians...there are none in my city, they are all catered to gay men and I've had some great nights out in them, but only met 2 other women who weren't straight...I do feel sometimes lesbians are being forgotten about, it's ironic since its the first letter in LGBT.

And by no means do I mean certain focus should be made based on the position of the letters correlating to each group.
It used to be all about the G and now it’s all about the T

Reactions: 5
I can always clock a trans man due to their voices too. They have such an unnatural tone. They don’t sound like women or men to me. The closest approximation is a teenage boy with a sore throat.

I follow an account on Insta and was surprised when I learned it was run by a man. The “voice” (typing, that is) just didn’t sound masculine.

Then they did a piece to camera on Stories and I knew they were a trans man even though I had the sound on mute. Despite the facial hair they had the most feminine face. Then I turned the sound on to hear the voice... yep.

It’s an autism account too. The numbers of autistic females with who are either trans or NB (both with double mastectomies) feels like it’s approaching epidemic levels.

Reactions: 12
To quote the brilliant Germaine Greer: "many women do not believe that MTF transgender women look like, sound like or behave like women. But they daren't say so"

Reactions: 18
It's almost as if 'transitioning' doesn't make someone happier? This is frightening, it's honestly building some young men up to serial killer levels of self hate.
Exactly my view too. I worry that there’s a growing number of such dissatisfied incel TW (or TM) who start to feel jealous of actual females (or males) because they don’t have to worry about “passing” as “cis” ( :sick: ); I worry that in America they pay a visit to their nearest Walmart and buy a weapon and fire at women, much like the typical incels that do this on campuses, at bars and in shops already. These TW (and TM) are being “validated” and pandered to (Emperor’s New Clothes, anyone?) but they will get to a point like the reddit posters where they see they will never fulfil being an actual female (or male). If we continue to affirm, rather than encourage the good kind of therapy to deal with disphoria, then where can they go from there? There will surely be rage, pure hatred and a need to act on that.

I fear as more people try to be transgender there will be more people who might ultimately fire at women or girls. It happens so many times in America because of access to guns, and in the UK we have increase in knife crime (in my local area it’s 1 stabbing a week - no sh*t, it’s scary. Gang stuff, but shows the appetite for violence is around). I dread the day we start seeing on the news that a disphoric person has attacked a girls school or something. Some may say we’re being dramatic but, we see this now typically with incel males who seem to struggle being social, or they have been brainwashed online with racist propaganda etc. This is very plausible. We need to stop pandering to TRA feelings because perpetuating the delusion is just going to lead to some kind of crisis.

I truly feel for the genuine “old school” transexuals who don’t want to be tarred with the transgender ideology woo. LGBT has been hijacked and the hard won respect and equality for gay lesbian and bisexual people are being erased too, alongside increasing hatred for women.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
@emmer_moans I agree with every word you've written. That reddit post alarmed me as it honestly has serial killers level of self hate and the more these men build these feelings the more likely it is they'll take their jealousy, rage and self hatred out on women in a violent way.

And as much I hate to say it, I do honestly worry this ideology is heading towards a high profile murder, like Jo Cox.

@emmer_moans I agree with every word you've written. That reddit post alarmed me as it honestly has serial killers level of self hate and the more these men build these feelings the more likely it is they'll take their jealousy, rage and self hatred out on women in a violent way.

And as much I hate to say it, I do honestly worry this ideology is heading towards a high profile murder, like Jo Cox.
Definitely. I worry about a certain author’s safety.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I truly feel for the genuine “old school” transexuals who don’t want to be tarred with the transgender ideology woo. LGBT has been hijacked and the hard won respect and equality for gay lesbian and bisexual people are being erased too, alongside increasing hatred for women.
I wonder why they don’t get together and form an alliance (like the lgb alliance). Old school transsexuals who have gender dysphoria, understand biological sex and the realities of it. Transgender ideology is so bad for them and will back fire one day. And the old school ones will be left to pick up the pieces when the others revert and the allies move on

Reactions: 4
Exactly my view too. I worry that there’s a growing number of such dissatisfied incel TW (or TM) who start to feel jealous of actual females (or males) because they don’t have to worry about “passing” as “cis” ( :sick: ); I worry that in America they pay a visit to their nearest Walmart and buy a weapon and fire at women, much like the typical incels that do this on campuses, at bars and in shops already. These TW (and TM) are being “validated” and pandered to (Emperor’s New Clothes, anyone?) but they will get to a point like the reddit posters where they see they will never fulfil being an actual female (or male). If we continue to affirm, rather than encourage the good kind of therapy to deal with disphoria, then where can they go from there? There will surely be rage, pure hatred and a need to act on that.

I fear as more people try to be transgender there will be more people who might ultimately fire at women or girls. It happens so many times in America because of access to guns, and in the UK we have increase in knife crime (in my local area it’s 1 stabbing a week - no sh*t, it’s scary. Gang stuff, but shows the appetite for violence is around). I dread the day we start seeing on the news that a disphoric person has attacked a girls school or something. Some may say we’re being dramatic but, we see this now typically with incel males who seem to struggle being social, or they have been brainwashed online with racist propaganda etc. This is very plausible. We need to stop pandering to TRA feelings because perpetuating the delusion is just going to lead to some kind of crisis.

I do wonder if in this scenario if Trans men would be just as violent or less. An increase in testosterone would make them more violent then they'd be without it.

Reactions: 2

They are getting fewer and fewer nowadays.

The Lesbian bar around Canal St is called Vanilla, its quite legendary in how strict it is with the clientelle they allow through the door. I've only ever been in there a couple of times in my life time, the ladies who frequent the place are very protective of it though. If you're not Lesbian woman and you manage to get in, it can feel quite frosty in there haha. There used to be another Lesbian bar called Coyote's, which def had a more welcoming door policy, I loved that place, party music, nice staff and generally good punters. They didn't enforce unwritten rules hard, but I generally went in with a group of Lesbian women, I had seen them turn groups of gay men away who didn't have any Lesbian women in their party.

I agree that Lesbians are forgotten about, especially in the LGBT community....it was a Lesbian woman that effectively started the modern day gay rights movement ffs.

It astounds me that Lesbian women are having to battle again to have their visibility and respresentation maintained....which wasn't a lot to begin with.

The rub though? How do we fix it?

Reactions: 6
I do wonder if in this scenario if Trans men would be just as violent or less. An increase in testosterone would make them more violent then they'd be without it.
And I also wonder if they would try to be more 'aggressive' to be in line with 'male' behaviours. However, I do think ultimately it's trans identified males like the one in the reddit post that present the most risk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.