Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1359542

I just saw this post on Twitter; U.K. based. Scribbled out the image and username as it’s not from a blue ticker. Not so much the tweet itself but the comments and quotes that came after it - all the typical ‘TERF island’, ‘trans healthcare is important’, ‘the U.K. is awful for this‘

And it’s like, well yes, healthcare is important. But if you go back 1023 days that’s September 2019. Six months or so later the pandemic hit. And I hate how everything has become this echo chamber of ‘this harms trans people’, as if they were waiting so long JUST BECAUSE they were trans, as if the waiting lists aren’t stretched enough, as if NO ONE ELSE is waiting so long for healthcare. tit, I know someone who had been put under CAHMS at the start of the pandemic, waited a year to be seen and was then told they would have to go onto another waiting list to go into adult services, and they are currently still waiting. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I know another lady who due to the pandemic died from lung cancer. By the time restrictions eased and it was discovered, the cancer was too far gone to be treatable.

It IS crappy. It’s sad that a person felt they had to take their own life. But the reason behind the waiting lists is not inherently transphobic. And to say it is is selfish and obtuse. It really frustrates me! Like transpeople are the centre of the universe! One would also suggest that it wasn’t gender affirming healthcare this person needed but rather mental health support (again, in an overstretched NHS, from where?)

Sorry this is completely unrelated to the current discussion, also I don’t comment here as much as I like because I’m still working out what my stance is, and I am not as eloquent as I’d like, just every time I see comments and discussions go around in circles like this it fucks me right off and this is one of the few spaces I can vent w/o the fear of being ostracised as an evil stinking TERF. 🙈
It's due to the cult of narcissism. These people truly believe they're the centre of the universe. This is what happens when parents are too gutless to say the word "no" to their precious darling brats. I'd add another one, "tough", you can't always have what you want and indulging in magical thinking won't change your reality and you can't trample all over other people's lives in order to indulge your fantasies. It's like the dying days of the Roman Empire.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1359542

I just saw this post on Twitter; U.K. based. Scribbled out the image and username as it’s not from a blue ticker. Not so much the tweet itself but the comments and quotes that came after it - all the typical ‘TERF island’, ‘trans healthcare is important’, ‘the U.K. is awful for this‘

And it’s like, well yes, healthcare is important. But if you go back 1023 days that’s September 2019. Six months or so later the pandemic hit. And I hate how everything has become this echo chamber of ‘this harms trans people’, as if they were waiting so long JUST BECAUSE they were trans, as if the waiting lists aren’t stretched enough, as if NO ONE ELSE is waiting so long for healthcare. tit, I know someone who had been put under CAHMS at the start of the pandemic, waited a year to be seen and was then told they would have to go onto another waiting list to go into adult services, and they are currently still waiting. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I know another lady who due to the pandemic died from lung cancer. By the time restrictions eased and it was discovered, the cancer was too far gone to be treatable.

It IS crappy. It’s sad that a person felt they had to take their own life. But the reason behind the waiting lists is not inherently transphobic. And to say it is is selfish and obtuse. It really frustrates me! Like transpeople are the centre of the universe! One would also suggest that it wasn’t gender affirming healthcare this person needed but rather mental health support (again, in an overstretched NHS, from where?)

Sorry this is completely unrelated to the current discussion, also I don’t comment here as much as I like because I’m still working out what my stance is, and I am not as eloquent as I’d like, just every time I see comments and discussions go around in circles like this it fucks me right off and this is one of the few spaces I can vent w/o the fear of being ostracised as an evil stinking TERF. 🙈
Why worry about being labelled a TERF as it means sod all. Yesterday stopping trans swimmers would lead to more deaths from drowning and as someone rightly pointed out does that mean in the last 2 years there has been less drownings as Lia Thomas cheated his way to a NCAA championship? Today its waiting times and as you rightly point out its huge everywhere for things

I would even go so far as saying I would take what has been tweeted with a pinch of salt

• Heart
Reactions: 15
“Reliance on chromosomes despite medical irrelevance” am I missing something here? Is this something about “your biological sex is written in your DNA” thing and the trans activist rebuked the information?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Am I late to the party?. Just seen my BIL has updated his Facebook gender to "they". Didn't know this was an option on Facebook.

This is a man who was emo, goth, bisexual, gay, now he's a they. Its like he only wants to be whatever the "different" thing is in the current times! He posted on one social media that he has never felt comfortable being called a man or a woman. Yet at his wedding 1.5 years ago he was referred to as he and was fine with it.

He has yet to tell any of my side of the family. Lets hope he never does!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I think these people should have paid more attention in school, particularly in biology class.

People cannot be forced to believe the delusions of others. They're no different from extremist religions who terrorise their populations into believing their brand of rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Am I late to the party?. Just seen my BIL has updated his Facebook gender to "they". Didn't know this was an option on Facebook.

This is a man who was emo, goth, bisexual, gay, now he's a they. Its like he only wants to be whatever the "different" thing is in the current times! He posted on one social media that he has never felt comfortable being called a man or a woman. Yet at his wedding 1.5 years ago he was referred to as he and was fine with it.

He has yet to tell any of my side of the family. Lets hope he never does!
He didn't receive enough attention when he was a toddler.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She wouldn't even make it into the 1st round, let alone out of it, in fact she'd struggle to make the 1st round of an U18 race that's how big the gap is
Correct but I have to throw a bone because otherwise I will be identified as a misogynistic agent of the patriarchy.

I'm now off to watch a CW show where I expect I will see a tiny woman best the living crap out of a room full of men double her size using some sort of weird kung-fu tit. Hollywood. So inspirational. A girl can do anything she wants. However they do kind of leave it to me as a father to explain to my 12 year old daughter that in the real world it is really really not a good idea to try that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
My old boss has a son with a genetic condition. In the old days, she was sent home from hospital without being told what was wrong with him. When it became obvious, she asked why she wasn't told and it was said that they wanted her to bond with her son. This was the 60s when they were trying to stop kids with difficulties being taken into care. A few years before the advice would have been to place him in care and move on.

My boss loves her son. He has recently been admitted to long term care both herself and her husband have health conditions. They are both bereft but are comforted that her son is well cared for.

She has always said that if she had known about his condition, she would have chosen abortion as she feels that she has spent her whole life fighting - fighting to get her son the best out life.

When my friend was pregnant and got bad results from tests, she was able to speak to my boss for more advice. My friend decided on abortion.

Im Catholic but feel it is utterly wrong for any woman to be forced to continue a pregnancy unless they are able to do so.

It just feels that we are going backwards instead of forwards.
Years ago a friend of mine was pregnant with her 4th, it was at the same time as the conjoined twins that, if separated, one was doomed to death. She was adamant that she wanted to continue her pregnancy, at every scan the prognosis was worse but she stuck to her guns. Her daughter was born and passed 8 days later. Roll on a year and she gets pregnant again, this time she had every test conceivable to make sure the baby was healthy. Another acquaintance had a boy, at 3 months he stopped breathing. She begged the Drs to save him which they did but he had barely any quality of life and she said if she could've seen into the future she would have let him go. It's OK for women like Sally Phillips with their downs syndrome children that are able to live comparatively normal lives but that isn't always the case, like anything, there are varying degrees of disability and varying degrees of abilities to cope

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When I see older people with Down’s syndrome still being looked after by elderly parents, maybe in their 70s and 80s. Often by the seaside. My heart aches for them - how worried they must be about their child coping if anything happens to them. No doubt they love them very much, but it’s a hard road and I can’t judge anyone’s decisions when faced with that future.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
When my two boys were young, we'd have play fights, mostly stuff like trying to push each other off a rug or something. By the time they were about age nine they'd be stronger than me, and I was a fairly sturdy 12 stone lass with no physical impairments. So this was prior to puberty even. So much stronger.

Reactions: 17
"Medical irrelevance" - chromosomes aren't "medically irrelevant" just because some people are intersex or have chromosomal disorders. TRAs love to

Most gender critical people do not support Paul McHugh (who is openly homophobic) or Ray Blanchard (who advocated forcing GNC children into strict gender roles as a way of making them "straight" rather than "gay".) Blanchard spoke about autogynephilia, but he's not the only one

A dildo/vibrator isn't the same as a penis, try again

No one is saying "intersecting oppressions aren't important." A Black transwoman still suffers oppression because he's Black. A disabled transwoman suffers oppression because he's disabled. Neither suffers oppression on account of being a woman.

"Superior legs" *chortle*

Reactions: 17
"Medical irrelevance" - chromosomes aren't "medically irrelevant" just because some people are intersex or have chromosomal disorders. TRAs love to

Most gender critical people do not support Paul McHugh (who is openly homophobic) or Ray Blanchard (who advocated forcing GNC children into strict gender roles as a way of making them "straight" rather than "gay".) Blanchard spoke about autogynephilia, but he's not the only one

A dildo/vibrator isn't the same as a penis, try again

No one is saying "intersecting oppressions aren't important." A Black transwoman still suffers oppression because he's Black. A disabled transwoman suffers oppression because he's disabled. Neither suffers oppression on account of being a woman.

"Superior legs" *chortle*
Did the poster you responded to delete their comment? (I missed it!)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.