Gender Discussion #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That makes sense. It would take some guts to stick around here and discuss thoroughly. No wonder they stick to threads where it’s irrelevant but they have an easier audience.
We differ on some of the particulars in these threads but are in pretty solid agreement on the big picture stuff. I've been here for several months, and have yet to see a TRA type stick around to try and talk in a rational way. As someone already said, they usually drop in, scream about how we're all TERFs, get sarcastic/condescending/insulting/nasty, then take off again.

Reactions: 21
That makes sense. It would take some guts to stick around here and discuss thoroughly. No wonder they stick to threads where it’s irrelevant but they have an easier audience.
If you look back at my posts over the past couple of GD threads (23 & 24) I must be the closest thing. And I have discussed very thoroughly. But not so much lately as I tend to write too much.

I am an actual transsexual who transitioned half a century ago as fully as science allows. Well enough to live permanently perceived as who I am afaik. But like everyone else in this position not literally changing sex. Which is as of now impossible. As every transsexual knows only too well as if it was not we would do it.

But I am as fed up with the trans activist mantra as most are in here. So this reality might not look obvious from my replies.

The majority of transsexuals feel the same way as I do because I talk to them but they prefer just to keep out of the argument as they have families to protect. Our lives have been appropriated by the chancers out there and they are doing immeasurable harm. They can flip flop back any time they get fed up of their cross dressing holiday. We had a one way ticket and will face any consequences of their belligerant and boarish behaviour.

I might give arguing a go though over the HRT shortage caused by trans people getting it for free when it isall just a choice. Which I have heard a lot out there today.

It has not been a choice for me since about 1972. As this replaces hormones for those post op too. There is no other source. There are admittedly only a small number in the UK like this. It is under 10,000. No idea how many transgender people there are but it is many many times more than that. And as most of them have not had any surgery or if any boob jobs likely then their decision to take HRT is a choice that they can reverse. And increasingly are doing as they think no gatekeeping by doctors is freedom. In this instance it makes them free to make a catastrophic cock up. Some literally.

And - of course - despite the idea that we get HRT free - until I became a pensioner it was not free - just like meds are not in England for any condition - and likely added up to quite a lot. Not that I was ever counting. It was just a necessary consequence of my biology. That can be true of transsexuals too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
There were things in the Raquel case that I didn't particularly agree with and found her to be a tad reaching - that said, it is disgusting that universities don't appear to have any duty of care to students, I certainly will be deep diving into any university my daughter wishes to attend.

Alison is an entirely different case. With Alison, she is a barrister herself so will have the best knowledge and advice of the law and how Stonewall have abused it against her. I think even if she doesn't 'win' her case will peak many people and start the tide turning against Stonewall and trans ideology on a massive scale, much more than it already is.
Showing my ignorance here, but I actually don’t know the background of the Allison Bailey case. Can you give me a quick synopsis?

Reactions: 1
For the majority of trans identified males who do not have their testes removed, does HRT actually do anything to change them? Dampen down sex drive I’m sure but doesn’t seem to change appearance. Where is synthetic oestrogen derived from?

Showing my ignorance here, but I actually don’t know the background of the Allison Bailey case. Can you give me a quick synopsis?
Allison Bailey helped set up the LGB Alliance and publicised the launch with a tweet in October 2019. About a week later Stonewall sent a complaint to her chambers regarding the views she had expressed on Twitter. She decided to sue both her chambers and Stonewall, they tried to get the case dismissed, but an Employment Tribunal hearing judged that she had a reasonable chance of success and has allowed her case to proceed.

Stonewall's original complaint: https://allisonbailey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PH-Bundle-pp-331-2-Stonewall-Complaint.pdf

Allison's response: https://allisonbailey.co.uk/wp-cont...p-350-381-Response-to-Stonewall-Complaint.pdf

The Employment Tribunal judgement: https://allisonbailey.co.uk/wp-cont...Judgmentfinal.2202172-2020.Stout_.12-2-21.pdf

And I really picked a rotten time to start a new job, because I can't sit and watch Ben Cooper all day for the next few weeks!

Reactions: 10
For the majority of trans identified males who do not have their testes removed, does HRT actually do anything to change them? Dampen down sex drive I’m sure but doesn’t seem to change appearance. Where is synthetic oestrogen derived from?
From what I see out there it does not dampen down their sex drive much. Not sure that many take them as the first step if you transition is a suppresant that stops male hormones working properly and you have to do that before any replacement. As most transgender males out there seem to be attracted to women - or even married to them and havng fathered children - then I suspect they are not that keen to lose their sex drive which I presume they would do following the regime.

Only those with dysphoria of their sexed bdy would go this route and most of them are attracted to men so the needs are different and it shows in behaviour too.

I suspect there are not as many trans peopke taking female hormones as some might imagine given the above.

But then I am as mystified by the behaviour of some out there as you most likely are. So I would not confidently predict anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Allison Bailey helped set up the LGB Alliance and publicised the launch with a tweet in October 2019. About a week later Stonewall sent a complaint to her chambers regarding the views she had expressed on Twitter. She decided to sue both her chambers and Stonewall, they tried to get the case dismissed, but an Employment Tribunal hearing judged that she had a reasonable chance of success and has allowed her case to proceed.

Stonewall's original complaint: https://allisonbailey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PH-Bundle-pp-331-2-Stonewall-Complaint.pdf

Allison's response: https://allisonbailey.co.uk/wp-cont...p-350-381-Response-to-Stonewall-Complaint.pdf

The Employment Tribunal judgement: https://allisonbailey.co.uk/wp-cont...Judgmentfinal.2202172-2020.Stout_.12-2-21.pdf

And I really picked a rotten time to start a new job, because I can't sit and watch Ben Cooper all day for the next few weeks!
Thanks. I knew she set up LGB Alliance but I didn’t know how it impacted her career.

Why did she sue her chambers - did they discipline her/dismiss her?

Reactions: 2
Thanks. I knew she set up LGB Alliance but I didn’t know how it impacted her career.

Why did she sue her chambers - did they discipline her/dismiss her?
After Stonewall's complaint came in and the chambers investigated, she says she suffered a significant downturn in instructions and therefore income - i.e. she was discriminated against because of her gender critical beliefs.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I’m a peri menoapausal woman who takes HRT to manage my menopausal symptoms and the oestrogen I take (in the form of transdermal gel) is made from yams. There’s currently a nationwide shortage meaning we have to trawl multiple pharmacies to source it unfortunately. There’s some very synthetic stuff made from pregnant mare’s urine but that’s a lot less commonly used these days thank god

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone ever come on here and disagree, argue the TRA standpoint? Or even just express doubts as they are conflicted (like the colleague mentioned above)? I’ve only been on here a week or so and have only seen agreement.

A few threads back, someone turned up and tried to blind us with science with a bunch of articles that purportedly proved that trans persons’ brains were identical to those of the sex they identified with, and that ‘most’ biologists believed that there was no discernible physiological difference between a trans woman and a natal woman.

It was pointed out that none of the articles actually said what they thought they said. So they deleted their ‘proof’ and flounced 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m a peri menoapausal woman who takes HRT to manage my menopausal symptoms and the oestrogen I take (in the form of transdermal gel) is made from yams. There’s currently a nationwide shortage meaning we have to trawl multiple pharmacies to source it unfortunately. There’s some very synthetic stuff made from pregnant mare’s urine but that’s a lot less commonly used these days thank god
Premarin. I have been on that since 1972. They did consider changing it given my age but my GP decided on balance of risk she preferred me to stay on it. It is used less now than it was but my best friend whom I have known since a child pre transition is on it too for post menopause reasons and I have been able to build up a little stock by ordering mine a few days early each month just in case she runs out and struggles to get more. So far not needed but if she does need it she knows I can tide her over for a month or two now. She has had really bad issues and has lots of other problems so I would not want to see her suffer without her Premarin.

Reactions: 9
Premarin. I have been on that since 1972. They did consider changing it given my age but my GP decided on balance of risk she preferred me to stay on it. It is used less now than it was but my best friend whom I have known since a child pre transition is on it too for post menopause reasons and I have been able to build up a little stock by ordering mine a few days early each month just in case she runs out and struggles to get more. So far not needed but if she does need it she knows I can tide her over for a month or two now. She has had really bad issues and has lots of other problems so I would not want to see her suffer without her Premarin.
I prefer to be on transdermal body identical as it’s lower risk of side effects

I prefer to be on transdermal body identical as it’s lower risk of side effects
Yes that was one of the reasons we discussed it a couple of years ago but she said that in the circumstances given how I have been on it so long they felt it less risky to leave it be but monitor any side effects if they happen. I have annual blood tests on my hormone levels and have since I was 65. They are learning as they go on long term treatment for transsexuals. Not many of us are around whp transitioned young and so have been tracked through a lifetime, If it helps care of future generations that can only be good. I had very little monitoring after I was signed off from the hospital in the early 80s a decade after I had surgery. So it is good they are doing a bit more of it now.

As if I needed more of a reason to deactivate my Facebook again! This trend of transing dead people makes me feel physically sick. Have some respect! Also: it is LITERALLY bleeping CALLED LITTLE WOMEN. Like many women, it was a staple of my childhood. WHY can't we allow people to be GNC whatever period they lived in without assigning them trans motivation and a whole different postmortem pronoun? 😑 (Sorry for the crappy quality, I had to take pics of my laptop screen with my phone.)

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
As if I needed more of a reason to deactivate my Facebook again! This trend of transing dead people makes me feel physically sick. Have some respect! Also: it is LITERALLY bleeping CALLED LITTLE WOMEN. Like many women, it was a staple of my childhood. WHY can't we allow people to be GNC whatever period they lived in without assigning them trans motivation and a whole different postmortem pronoun? 😑 (Sorry for the crappy quality, I had to take pics of my laptop screen with my phone.)
I found that thread and read it and there's absolutely nothing there that suggests to me she was anything more than a woman frustrated by her oppression as a woman. And if she was attracted to women, I could see how that would be another contributing factor.

So this person did two years of research and can't take into account what it was like to be a woman at that time? Fabulous research, obviously. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It is lesbian visibility week next week.

Quick - have an event hosted by a heterosexual man who has been married to his wife for 25 years (hmmm I didn't know gay marriage was legal in 1997) about what being a lesbian means to him.

bleeping hole that blonde woman - I apologise as I try not to call people names. She is a complete and utter idiot and I sincerely hope she is being called out on this online. First time I have come across her and I can see that she is tweeting some of the same nonsense that she stated there.
History will not be kind to these twunts

Reactions: 6
While this is excellent news for children, women are still being abused by self ID males on hospital wards. The NHS are failing women terribly. Annex B needs to be burned and womens health requirements and legal rights respected. We need rid of all these beardy, woke blokes, pushing trans ideology as law.

Reactions: 19
I found that thread and read it and there's absolutely nothing there that suggests to me she was anything more than a woman frustrated by her oppression as a woman. And if she was attracted to women, I could see how that would be another contributing factor.

So this person did two years of research and can't take into account what it was like to be a woman at that time? Fabulous research, obviously. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️
Of COURSE the author of the thread is a TIF, and apparently quite well known for lying and spreading unfounded rumors (I did a quick Google search after I saw some retweets touching on that.) But YES to everything you just said. I've seen them attempting to trans dead people before (Kurt Cobain lolol) but this is the first time I've been actively angry about it.

So many young girls grow up reading and watching Little Women. Almost every woman I know identified with one of the March girls as a child—"I'm a Jo!" "I'm a Beth!" — and now as a mother, I get so much more of Marmee's story. LMA gave them such distinct personalities and "normalized" so many aspects of femaleness. I just told my husband that this kind of thing is EXACTLY why we say TRAs are erasing women! How DARE they take a beloved woman author and try to make her a man?! I am genuinely outraged over this.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.