Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the trailer and it feels a bit...forced. Or maybe that is just my view now that we know about the lack of friendship with James and Matt. I am not surprised that Jame's career took off. He obviously had a talent for writing comedy given Gavin and Stacey.

Reactions: 1
I've just sat down to season 1. It's a TV show that will ALWAYS out a smile on my face and pull me out of the dumps.

Reactions: 2
I am not surprised that Jame's career took off. He obviously had a talent for writing comedy given Gavin and Stacey.
Ruth Jones is equally talented too, not comedy related but she released a fictional book last "never greener" which I love and have loaned out to so many people who aren't even big readers

I watched the trailer and it feels a bit...forced. Or maybe that is just my view now that we know about the lack of friendship with James and Matt. I am not surprised that Jame's career took off. He obviously had a talent for writing comedy given Gavin and Stacey.
I also thought it looked forced too, worried that the episode will disappoint now☹

Same :(
I am never a big fan of reunion or comeback type things though.
Yeah to be honest me neither. I’ve rarely seen one that doesn’t just hit all the old expected jokes. The thing with comedies is knowing to quit while your ahead or the characters become a parody of themselves. Happened in friends, peep show... plenty more. I even felt the third series of gavin and Stacey was a dip in quality. But I’m embracing this for the fun of new material after so long and at Christmas , im not expecting it to be as good.

Reactions: 4
Whatever happens I will still regard Alison Steadman as one of my all time favourite actresses. I could watch her (and every other actor) over and over in Life is Sweet.

Reactions: 4
Oh! Don't be so negative alright?! (If you didn't read that in a Nessa voice, I'm disappointed in you!)😂

Guys, it might not be bad! Only fools and horses is a good example of doing the Christmas specials well 👍

Sidenote... My husband can't stand James Cordon, so I'm going to be banished to a different room to watch it 😢

Reactions: 7
Oh! Don't be so negative alright?! (If you didn't read that in a Nessa voice, I'm disappointed in you!)😂

Guys, it might not be bad! Only fools and horses is a good example of doing the Christmas specials well 👍

Sidenote... My husband can't stand James Cordon, so I'm going to be banished to a different room to watch it 😢
I read it as nessa lol
My husband doesn’t like it and we will be at his parents who don’t do comedy shows so eoll
Have to watch on catch up 😩😱😱🥺

• Heart
They sound fun
They are a hoot lol don’t know how my husband is related..... they don’t like any comedy shows and I’ve never seen them laugh....we watched a stand up show dvd one year and they didn’t even crack a smile! Me n hubs were pissing ourselves 🤦‍♀️🤣😩😱

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Whatever happens I will still regard Alison Steadman as one of my all time favourite actresses. I could watch her (and every other actor) over and over in Life is Sweet.
I might have a bit of a girl crush on Alison Steadman. The two characters she played in Nuts in May and Abigail's Party couldn't be more different but she plays both absolutely brilliantly. I love the stuff she's doing now as an older actor but truth be told I do love Pamela. "My little prince" 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
Ruth Jones is equally talented too, not comedy related but she released a fictional book last "never greener" which I love and have loaned out to so many people who aren't even big readers
worth a read then? what's it about? I love a good book.

like my booky wook ;)

When they go to the foam party and the boys have the stag do tops on but have put “back from the dead”

HAHA

• Haha
Reactions: 5