Garrihy Sisters #3 Keeping up with the Garrdashians

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like to be the first on the record to say that Aoibhin Garrihy invented poetry.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I would like to be the first on the record to say that Aoibhin Garrihy invented poetry.
I find the poetry thing cringe almighty ... she’s so old before her time!

I see there’s a B.O. baby event online coming up! Please spare us! The problem with the B.O. (body odour) wellness” brand apart from the name which proves that Aoibhinn does not have a shred of business or marketing acumen, is the lack of regulation in the industry. I would imagine if you are selling wellness products and services to vulnerable people in need of a boost and dealing with customers with potentially fragile mental health issues that you should tread very carefully and at least be qualified to run such an event. As far as I can see Aoibhinn does not have a psychology qualification nor is she in any way relatable or have proven life experience to share about mental health. Nothing any of the Garrihys have shared with us about their lives so far appears to prove to us how they have built resilience, experienced dark times or overcome adversity. Now maybe they have, like most humans, but then maybe they should be brave enough to be vulnerable and share if they are running such a business.

The image of perfection is both boring and a blatant lie, no one is perfect! Maybe if they were all a bit more honest then people would relate more. Giving off the impression that popping a baby out is like taking a walk in the park and it’s normal to hop straight on a boat a day after birthing a baby for a family photoshoot looking like it’s all a breeze just screams fake to me! In fact the entire imagine both Aoibhinn and Ailbhe project of motherhood so far is completely curated, misleading and potentially damaging for the mental health of their customers and followers. I have warned some of my new mummy friends to be aware of the Garrihys and other mummy influencers projecting falsities. It’s really unfair and pains me to think that there are some vulnerable new moms with potential Postpartum depression or other issues looking at them and feeling inadequate as a result. Motherhood is absolutely not all a bed of roses, nor is giving birth! So why lie to vulnerable people who are spending lots of their hard earned money to attend their overpriced event and learn about wellness and mental health from these “experts”! BO is so misleading it’s like the wellness equivalent of Fyre Festival! I’d rather seek wellness advise from The Kardashians themselves!

Reactions: 17
Imagine being a fully grown adult woman with your own children and having to ask Ailbhe Garrihy for advice on babies and sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Imagine being a fully grown adult woman with your own children and having to ask Ailbhe Garrihy for advice on babies and sleep.
No shame in asking for help but I don't know why they're asking her and not an expert. Or someone who's baby is older than 6 months and actually has experience, unlike Ailbhe.

Reactions: 7
What is it about having a baby that spurs these type of women to creates stores and Instagram posts/pages with very obvious information on how to raise/feed/cloth children ?
How did any of us ever survive with our mothers who didn’t have some bored, suddenly realised it’s not as fun as it looks, holier than thou to enlighten us.
CHILD REARING IS NOT CONTENT 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 14
+1 on Aoibhinn and Ailbhe making motherhood look like a walk in the park very damaging to new mothers.

I had my child the same time as Aoibhinns second and the difference between us was night and day. Every time I looked at her updates I felt so crap she was all dolled up going here there and everywhere looking so relaxed. Whereas I was at home a sweaty mess from hormones and lack of sleep. Struggling to feed and pumping every 3 hours so going anywhere was a huge production and I hated it.

I know better now and glad for all the moments I stayed on the couch snuggled up with my baby, munching away watching Netflix!

Ailbhes another dose going on about her son sleeping through the night. Nobody really cares.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
+1 on Aoibhinn and Ailbhe making motherhood look like a walk in the park very damaging to new mothers.

I had my child the same time as Aoibhinns second and the difference between us was night and day. Every time I looked at her updates I felt so crap she was all dolled up going here there and everywhere looking so relaxed. Whereas I was at home a sweaty mess from hormones and lack of sleep. Struggling to feed and pumping every 3 hours so going anywhere was a huge production and I hated it.

I know better now and glad for all the moments I stayed on the couch snuggled up with my baby, munching away watching Netflix!

Ailbhes another dose going on about her son sleeping through the night. Nobody really cares.
Honestly, I really think that these women create these pages and content about their children because they can’t face up to reality that it’s harder than they ever thought it might be, and because you can’t just change your mind after you have a baby. They try really really hard to justify that it’s all all they ever wanted, that they are so supremely happy and there is never a weak moment.
Just get on with it

Reactions: 9
What is it about having a baby that spurs these type of women to creates stores and Instagram posts/pages with very obvious information on how to raise/feed/cloth children ?
How did any of us ever survive with our mothers who didn’t have some bored, suddenly realised it’s not as fun as it looks, holier than thou to enlighten us.
CHILD REARING IS NOT CONTENT 👏
THIS x 10.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone else think Aoibhin's style is so not her in her latest "poetry for pause" video. The t-shirt and the chain as if she is channelling Connall in Normal People doesnt suit her at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It's like Aoibhean is trying to market herself as all the Spice Girls rolled up into one.
Sporty Spice
Poetry Spice
Mommy Spice
Helper Spice

God Help us, What's Next??

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's like Aoibhean is trying to market herself as all the Spice Girls rolled up into one.
Sporty Spice
Poetry Spice
Mommy Spice
Helper Spice

God Help us, What's Next??
Do you guys have sisters ? I’m not overly close to mine but I’m sure if I started reciting poems breathlessly on the internet she would message me and tell me cop the duck on! We have Ailbhes best boy best baby ever, then Aoibhin Yeats herself desperate to stay relevant and then you’ve DZoireann clinging to 2fm I can’t believe there’s a 3rd series of the doireann project on the way I do not understand any of it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Do you guys have sisters ? I’m not overly close to mine but I’m sure if I started reciting poems breathlessly on the internet she would message me and tell me cop the duck on! We have Ailbhes best boy best baby ever, then Aoibhin Yeats herself desperate to stay relevant and then you’ve DZoireann clinging to 2fm I can’t believe there’s a 3rd series of the doireann project on the way I do not understand any of it
I don't know any sister (or brother) who wouldn't rip the piss out of their sibling if they pulled an Aoibhinn. Maybe Clare has them all too indoctrinated into seeing themselves as Ireland's favourite family 😂

Reactions: 9
I am one of three sisters (I am Mother Earth is terms of age) and they would actually die laughing if I started embarrassing myself like this AND WHY DOES SHE KEEP LOOKING AWAY FROM THE CAMERA I THOUGHT SHE WAS A TRAINED ACTRESS ARGH.

Doireann would be ripping the piss out of any other influencer who recited poetry everyday.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
How is Eoghan not back on the radio yet? This is the 3rd week. I simply can’t take much more of Doireann on her own.

Reactions: 10
Does anyone else think Aoibhin's style is so not her in her latest "poetry for pause" video. The t-shirt and the chain as if she is channelling Connall in Normal People doesnt suit her at all.
I unfollowed her months ago. Is she still doing that poetry shite??!!!!!!

Reactions: 4
How is she holding up on her own?
I happen to be in the car at that time & I actually really like Eoghan as a presenter so I give the radio station more time then it needs.
As soon as I realize she’s on her own , I’m ready to switch off!! She’s just not very characteristic. No charm or life to her? She’s not at all funny and she thinks she is when she puts on the country accent but it’s just embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.