Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OH MY GOD, I JUST DIED.
Morgan Freeman looking back on all GOT seasons has got to be one of the greatest things I've ever laid my eyes on.
On Tyrion: He managed to escape with nothing but a crossbow leaving his dead father on the s***er before he'd even given it a flush.
On Battle of Winterfell: It's fair to say, the bits I could see blew my mind.
On Dany: She was his lover, his queen, his auntie and he killed that b*tch before her ass even touched the throne.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Everything from Season 1 was always about Jon being a bastard, who was Jon’s mother and the last Targaryens.

End season 6 finding out Lyanna was his mother, season 7 ending about how he was Aegon Targaryen.

Season 8 - ep 1 he finds out, ep 2 Dany finds out, ep 4 Dany says tell no one, he tells his sisters then Tyrion and Varys find out, ep 5 Varys get killed because of it...

Then at the dragon pit, nobody even mentions that he was/is the rightful heir to the throne not Dany. So they just send him to he wall because Grey Worm wasn't happy!! No trial nothing!!

So what was the point of him being the rightful heir!

Drogon would have been better off killing him with the Throne!
Amen to everything you said. This is what disappoints me most.

Reactions: 1
What? Why? This 'ending' is trash, why the hell would Ayra kill Jon?
Pretty sure that's Dany, Arya kills her and takes her face afterwards in revenge.I think Dani stabbing Jon at that moment would have been a good twist. The rest of the ending i don't care for as much but that would have been cool.

Pretty sure that's Dany, Arya kills her and takes her face afterwards in revenge.I think Dani stabbing Jon at that moment would have been a good twist. The rest of the ending i don't care for as much but that would have been cool.
Fair enough, didn't seem clear. Still think it's trash. The aired ending would've been fairly acceptable had it not been so rushed.

Fair enough, didn't seem clear. Still think it's trash. The aired ending would've been fairly acceptable had it not been so rushed.

I feel it was rushed too. It’s like they all got bored and wanted it all over and done with!!!
I was so disappointed. All the mystery throughout the seasons about Jons heritage and then they send him to the wall where he was in the first place!
Also I’m bummed they didn’t confirm my suspicions that Tyrion is a secret Targaryen!

Yeah the general consensus seems to be upset about it being rushed. And that tho it may be the same basic ending for the books it will be arrived at quite differently.

I don't think Jon is mean to have stayed at rhe wall but took tormund up on his offer to hang out with the free folk wandering beyond it. The nights watch clearly doesn't exist anymore that was a lie to placate gray worm. I don't hate that ending for Jon - no doubt it was a happy one for him, as tormund said he "has the true north in him" and would have hated ruling or being involved in politics generally especially in kings landing. It's a bit boring though.

Oh and I always HATED the theory of tyrion as a targ personally because it seemed important for tywin's lannister arrogance having a son not physically perfect. The way he treated him was so revolting in tywins mind it would be entirely justified if he found out tyrion wasn't his. I know he was dead but theortically. Also the idea of tyrion being born from the mad king raping Joanna lannistrr woukd give people (in thr show not real life ) reasons to say there was something 'wrong' with him and his conception so I'm glad they didn't go there.

Last edited:
This channel uploaded the documentary split into 13 parts, for anyone interested. [emoji4]

The dark side of fame. [emoji852] I did read a blind item last week and even though it was obviously about him, I never expected his publicist to release a statement. It's so intrusive! It's an ongoing treatment, so I'm not sure why Kit would want everyone to know where he is! I read that he really struggled to come to terms with Jon killing Dany. I feel bad for them tbh.

• Sad
Yeah I was pretty shocked when I heard this. I bet the backlash to the series was a part of it. It may be the mail but they quote him directly saying filming Jon snow's 'death' was what first sent him to therapy. And the toll fame took on him. Sounds like he's struggling to separate himself from the character. Possibly because playing that character from fairly young brought fame which changed him as fame inevitably does. This is the first time the show has been so widely criticsed - maybe he had some uncertainty about Jon killing Dani which he feels is now confirmed. Seems he is pretty sensitive and has struggled with mental health for a while.

He actually lives near me and I pass his house on the way to.to the bus stop every day. My stalker self noticed his shutters closed for a while. I guessd he was on holiday after the intensity of the season 8 publicity..
I mean this is one of those celebrity rehabs that's like a luxury spa too. If it's true it costs over $120 000 (120 THOUSAND DOLLARS ) a month thats pretty shocking. I'm not particularly naive but examples like that which underline how much richer than me rich people are never fail to knock the wind out of me.

Reactions: 5
I don't want to crap on him if he actually has MH issues and I genuinely hope he gets all the help he needs and gets better soon, whatever the problem is, but to me it sounds a bit like his PR team moving the spotlight on the show to deflect from the alcohol. I'm assuming they had to say something because gossip papers got a hold of the info and were going to publish an item on it? Often the rags will contact the celebrity PR firm and basically say "We're going with this story unless you have something to add?" It's always best for them to control the story when stuff like this happens.

He actually lives near me and I pass his house on the way to.to the bus stop every day. My stalker self noticed his shutters closed for a while. I guessd he was on holiday after the intensity of the season 8 publicity..
I mean this is one of those celebrity rehabs that's like a luxury spa too. If it's true it costs over $120 000 (120 THOUSAND DOLLARS ) a month thats pretty shocking. I'm not particularly naive but examples like that which underline how much richer than me rich people are never fail to knock the wind out of me.
Honestly it never fails to shock me how incredibly rich the rich truly are. What could possibly be worth 120k a MONTH?

to me it sounds a bit like his PR team moving the spotlight on the show to deflect from the alcohol
Hate to say it but that was my first thought, who knows what the truth is. But did think it was suspicious that he's been working on this show for almost a decade and waits until a reading to find out the conclusion. Then the conclusion that was the most obvious he found that shocking?

Who knows, pr at play because of the huge backlash.

I wonder how dark phoenix will do, lots are already being quite pessimistic.

Reactions: 2
Hate to say it but that was my first thought, who knows what the truth is. But did think it was suspicious that he's been working on this show for almost a decade and waits until a reading to find out the conclusion. Then the conclusion that was the most obvious he found that shocking?

Who knows, pr at play because of the huge backlash.

I wonder how dark phoenix will do, lots are already being quite pessimistic.
I don't think it was an obvious conclusion, if anything a completely different character was prophesized to kill her (green eyes, Ayra?) On top of that there were plenty of hints which were eventually ignored by the writers (Cersei's prophecy, Azor Ahai etc.) if anything Jon's actions WERE pretty shocking. Either way, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility for an actor to be shocked by his character killing his lover and Queen. Plus, everyone reacts differently, so I don't think it's fair to cast aspersions on his reaction.

On the rehab, I read that he checked in after filming had finished and the story was in danger of leaking to the press which is why his publicist went public.

I don't think it was an obvious conclusion, if anything a completely different character was prophesized to kill her (green eyes, Ayra?)
I didn't think it would be Arya, even d and d knew her jumping out of no where to kill the night king (a character she had no history with) then dany wouldn't be a good ending. After e5 most people I was chatting to expected it to be John, bittersweet and a sacrifice. With the way they wrote it i totally expected it to be John.

I'm not talking focusing on his reactions, more that he didn't read the final script (or even just the important parts) before the table read. Was that because he was so anxious (like when you wait to open exam results) or something else?

This video is really interesting. Quite a few good ideas in there....
It must be the 10th alternative ending I've read. All of them way better than what we got.

I'm most pissed about the ending of the night king without any kind of payoff.