Gabriella Lindley #5 Tinned tomatoes and bacon fat, spent 395K on a flat full of tat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of paint which is probably the most interesting thing on this girl’s thread here are my recommendations
Floor paint the only brand I will use is Farrow and Ball it dries in under two hours is quite odourless and I’ve tried other brands where they have taken up to two days to dry or others where you are going to pass out before doing a quarter of the room. Very expensive but definitely worth it.
Woodwork then dulux brilliant white eggshell.
Walls I use Valspar from B&Q they can match any colour for a fraction of the price of F&B.
Masonry outside use Valspar.
Ceilings Dulux brilliant white emulsion.
Would love to know if others have recommendations. Maybe this should have gone in off topic feel free to move.

Reactions: 8
Talking of paint which is probably the most interesting thing on this girl’s thread here are my recommendations
Floor paint the only brand I will use is Farrow and Ball it dries in under two hours is quite odourless and I’ve tried other brands where they have taken up to two days to dry or others where you are going to pass out before doing a quarter of the room. Very expensive but definitely worth it.
Woodwork then dulux brilliant white eggshell.
Walls I use Valspar from B&Q they can match any colour for a fraction of the price of F&B.
Masonry outside use Valspar.
Ceilings Dulux brilliant white emulsion.
Would love to know if others have recommendations. Maybe this should have gone in off topic feel free to move.
We used Valspar paint for one part of our living room and it was awful. Honestly the worst paint we have ever used. It was so and needed a lot of coats and even now it still bugs us to look at it because it just doesn’t have a great finish whereas the dulux paint only needed two coats. It’s not as noticeable at night but we have huge living room windows so in daylight it’s really noticeable.

Reactions: 1
We used Valspar paint for one part of our living room and it was awful. Honestly the worst paint we have ever used. It was so and needed a lot of coats and even now it still bugs us to look at it because it just doesn’t have a great finish whereas the dulux paint only needed two coats. It’s not as noticeable at night but we have huge living room windows so in daylight it’s really noticeable.
That’s interesting. I used the Valspar a dark grey shade in one room and had no problems also I used their masonry paint for one house they wanted pink and it’s kept the shade well compared to others I’ve seen.

Reactions: 1
We’ve just used F&B in setting plaster colour matched by Valspar in our bedroom. It looks great but it has some difficulties on our old dark matte feature wall, despite sanding and a white mist layer

Back to Gabby, she has probably decreased the width of her rooms by a couple of centimetres with all that paint, especially the way she slops it on.

Great thread title!

Reactions: 11
Ohh well now we’re talking about paint, it was on radio 4 the other day that there were a couple of batches of b&q valspar paint that were contaminated with something and left people’s walls smelling like cat pee. I don’t think that’s why gabby chooses f&b though, cos chances are her flat already pongs.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Gabby chose F&B because it is trendy and expensive so she can show off. She doesn't give a tit about quality.

Reactions: 30
Well not many people can claim their walls are coated in layers of every single shade of f&b 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Absolitely agree. Gabby didn't choose F&B for quality, she chose it because it's expensive and trendy.

Reactions: 16
One day she will realise painting your flat isn't a personality trait
One day she will realise shes wasted her life away hiding in her empty flat

Shes probably loving the shite weather. Excuse to be like "I was going to go out, but the weather"

Reactions: 22
Absolitely agree. Gabby didn't choose F&B for quality, she chose it because it's expensive and trendy.
Agreed. We had our front room decorated and when choosing which paint to use the painters told us not to go with Farrow & Ball as they said the quality wasnt even that good for what you’re paying- they recommended Dulux to us!

Reactions: 6
We all know she’ll end up moving pretty soon anyway.
She replied to someone on twitter saying she wants to spend a few months in New York after she's finished "renovating" her flat. Fingers crossed she moves there, although I can't imagine it happening.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.