Gabriella Lindley #14 Hambags and gobblestones, balayage and insta moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah okay. But it’s the truth. Does anyone besides a small minority actually enjoy working out? No, the rest of us just do what needs to be done to respect our bodies, care for ourselves and be healthy. There is undoubtedly a fat mentality (at least in my experience and those around me) that love to jump on excuses for being overweight (trust me, giving up the lie of “oh well I’m half south American so I’m supposed to be a bit softer/ have curves / ‘ white side is also fat, it’s just genetics”

no baby girl, its laziness, an unwillingness to educate, and taking the easy, fun, comfortable route That leads to being And staying overweight/fat.

it is hard to accept but it’s the truth = CICO =
Also, YOU ARE NOT BORN FAT (unless you have a mother who has neglected you while you are in the womb, - there is a ted talk about being a fat kid and the ‘norm’ it sets your body up for. Thanks mum. ) it is something that can be changed. Again, I always feel for overweight kids 🙋🏻‍♀️ I was one. And that is on my parents for failing in multiple ways. But as an adult myself it is my responsibility to look after, care for and respect my body. And any other overweight adult to be responsible for their own health.

Also if you live somewhere with the likes of NHS and Medicare and use those, You can be damned sure it’s any tax payers business if their money is going to extra doctor appointments that can be curbed if you could take responsibility and look after your damned self.

(I’m not trying to call you out, just using this first sentence as a point to pull up on)

are a lot of people offended by the weight comments due to which overweight themselves?

I ask this because it seems like everyone on this forum seems to have had gall/kidney stones themselves or know someone with it, and as people have brought up the Fat, Forty, Female thing. Because it seemed to be so commonplace on here I thought maybe I was in the outlier group of never knowing anyone that has had them. But my BF is in the same boat as me.

I know I’ve seen a lot of us mention there are certain things we relate to with Gabadabadoo, so is weight a common factor for a lit of people here?

Due to my own personal experience/ mentality and those that have either gone from overweight to healthy, or even underweight to healthy or underweight to overweight you can see certain types of thinking and naturally excuses people make to make themselves feel better about their situation.

as someone who has been extremely overweight, this blanketing of facts and options form overweight people does not help them. It never helped me. I felt the post was perfectly reasonable and wholly relatable.
- due to your response I am now left with the impression you are overweight and not happy with it but also not willing to put in effort to where you want to be.
I might be incorrect but as an ex fat girl, that read your comment, see my old fat offended self and that’s how I relate to your post.
If I’m wrong let me know. But that is why it is okay to post things like hoolahoops did, because we all have our own experience, thought pattens and demons that we need to or have worked through.
you clearly didn’t read what I put. I have an issue with the ignorant comments on eating disorders. Not that it’s any of your business but I’m extremely underweight. But yeah I do also have an issue with some of the comments being made about overweight people. Doesn’t automatically mean they’re lazy just because they’re overweight. How did you get the impression that I’m overweight but not willing to put in the effort to get where I want to be I literally didn’t mention being overweight once my whole comment was around ED’s.

Anyway sorry for going off topic, just couldn’t watch people make stupid comments and not say anything

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Nov 2019 -

March 2020 -

Ill put it out here any anyone else willing to show themselves please do.

I have a long ways to go, but these witches ( Jem and Gabby) are making excuses for themselves. They want to be in a normal weight range, without the sacrifice... Or they want to be treated as though they respect themselves when .. their outer appearance shows that they do not. I understand the outer world viewing me as not caring for myself when Im fat... because I bleeping dont.

I feel its only if you are caring about what you consume, and using our body as it was interned, or as close to in this technological world, that being fit shows you care. I grew up fat. I have been a fat and underweight adult before. If there are people that have been healthy their whole lives Im sure they have a different perspective.

Either way.. it does not take much.. 4 moths and that was between 15 - 20kg I lost. It doesnt take long, it makes a big differece in your physical and mental well being. Especially at the beginning. I started in a depression only doing 5 minutes a day. To accomplish that.. man. it means the world.

Jem and Gabby are just fat and lazy. Change my Mind. 4 months and they could lose up to 20kg. witches just wanna be fat and play the fat victim roll

Reactions: 6
Yeah okay. But it’s the truth. Does anyone besides a small minority actually enjoy working out? No, the rest of us just do what needs to be done to respect our bodies, care for ourselves and be healthy. There is undoubtedly a fat mentality (at least in my experience and those around me) that love to jump on excuses for being overweight (trust me, giving up the lie of “oh well I’m half south American so I’m supposed to be a bit softer/ have curves / ‘ white side is also fat, it’s just genetics”

no baby girl, its laziness, an unwillingness to educate, and taking the easy, fun, comfortable route That leads to being And staying overweight/fat.

it is hard to accept but it’s the truth = CICO =
Also, YOU ARE NOT BORN FAT (unless you have a mother who has neglected you while you are in the womb, - there is a ted talk about being a fat kid and the ‘norm’ it sets your body up for. Thanks mum. ) it is something that can be changed. Again, I always feel for overweight kids 🙋🏻‍♀️ I was one. And that is on my parents for failing in multiple ways. But as an adult myself it is my responsibility to look after, care for and respect my body. And any other overweight adult to be responsible for their own health.

Also if you live somewhere with the likes of NHS and Medicare and use those, You can be damned sure it’s any tax payers business if their money is going to extra doctor appointments that can be curbed if you could take responsibility and look after your damned self.

(I’m not trying to call you out, just using this first sentence as a point to pull up on)

are a lot of people offended by the weight comments due to which overweight themselves?

I ask this because it seems like everyone on this forum seems to have had gall/kidney stones themselves or know someone with it, and as people have brought up the Fat, Forty, Female thing. Because it seemed to be so commonplace on here I thought maybe I was in the outlier group of never knowing anyone that has had them. But my BF is in the same boat as me.

I know I’ve seen a lot of us mention there are certain things we relate to with Gabadabadoo, so is weight a common factor for a lit of people here?

Due to my own personal experience/ mentality and those that have either gone from overweight to healthy, or even underweight to healthy or underweight to overweight you can see certain types of thinking and naturally excuses people make to make themselves feel better about their situation.

as someone who has been extremely overweight, this blanketing of facts and options form overweight people does not help them. It never helped me. I felt the post was perfectly reasonable and wholly relatable.
- due to your response I am now left with the impression you are overweight and not happy with it but also not willing to put in effort to where you want to be.
I might be incorrect but as an ex fat girl, that read your comment, see my old fat offended self and that’s how I relate to your post.
If I’m wrong let me know. But that is why it is okay to post things like hoolahoops did, because we all have our own experience, thought pattens and demons that we need to or have worked through.

Again, not sure where you’ve got the impression from that I’m overweight. I’m actually one of those ‘reformed size six anorexics’ you referred to in your first post, and while I was in treatment for my ED, I was surrounded by girls (and boys, because it’s not just a ‘undeveloped, stupid teenager girl’ thing) of all shapes and sizes. Because guess what? Unlike your judgmental ass, eating disorders don’t discriminate.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Nov 2019 -

March 2020 -

Ill put it out here any anyone else willing to show themselves please do.

I have a long ways to go, but these witches ( Jem and Gabby) are making excuses for themselves. They want to be in a normal weight range, without the sacrifice... Or they want to be treated as though they respect themselves when .. their outer appearance shows that they do not. I understand the outer world viewing me as not caring for myself when Im fat... because I bleeping dont.

I feel its only if you are caring about what you consume, and using our body as it was interned, or as close to in this technological world, that being fit shows you care. I grew up fat. I have been a fat and underweight adult before. If there are people that have been healthy their whole lives Im sure they have a different perspective.

Either way.. it does not take much.. 4 moths and that was between 15 - 20kg I lost. It doesnt take long, it makes a big differece in your physical and mental well being. Especially at the beginning. I started in a depression only doing 5 minutes a day. To accomplish that.. man. it means the world.

Jem and Gabby are just fat and lazy. Change my Mind. 4 months and they could lose up to 20kg. witches just wanna be fat and play the fat victim roll
It’s great that you got to where you wanted to be but it’s not easy for everyone. I know someone who has a medical condition that means she won’t every lose weight no matter how hard she tries. And others who put work in but don’t seem to get anywhere. It’s not laziness.

Again, not sure where you’ve got the impression from that I’m overweight. I’m actually one of those ‘reformed size six anorexics’ you referred to in your first post, and while I was in treatment for my ED, I was surrounded by girls (and boys, because it’s not just a ‘undeveloped, stupid teenager girl’ thing) of all shapes and sizes. Because guess what? Unlike your judgmental ass, eating disorders don’t discriminate.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 10
you clearly didn’t read what I put. I have an issue with the ignorant comments on eating disorders. Not that it’s any of your business but I’m extremely underweight. But yeah I do also have an issue with some of the comments being made about overweight people. Doesn’t automatically mean they’re lazy just because they’re overweight. How did you get the impression that I’m overweight but not willing to put in the effort to get where I want to be I literally didn’t mention being overweight once my whole comment was around ED’s.

Anyway sorry for going off topic, just couldn’t watch people make stupid comments and not say anything
I didnt read what you put. I ll be up front and honest. Ive had a bit of a drink and I took your first sentence from my view as an ex fatty. My apologies, I jumped the gun. I am sorry. I do wish you the best with your efforts making it through and tackling your disorder and the thought patterns that come with it. Im on the opposite end of you, so while I cant understand what you are going through and the battling you are facing on your side my heart is with you. Be strong. I know you have this! xx

As I said to Charlotte, id dint read these posts fully. Ive had a drink, read a sentence or two. Then let my mindstates and anger for myself come through. I apologise for not reading your full opinion through before making my judgement.

Ive cleanly messed up in doing this a few times today. When I see other fat girls (jem and Gabby)complain about their weight and see others stick up for them,I automatically assume they are also overweight and in the defense patterns I was in.
because we are in Gabbys thread and constantly hearing her lies and excuses, plus knowing my own. Im very short tempered with it and sometimes jump on things as if Im talking to another me? if you know what I mean.
Again, Im really sorry for not reading your post through, assuming things and then attacking you over things that didnt even relate.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I didnt read what you put. I ll be up front and honest. Ive had a bit of a drink and I took your first sentence from my view as an ex fatty. My apologies, I jumped the gun. I am sorry. I do wish you the best with your efforts making it through and tackling your disorder and the thought patterns that come with it. Im on the opposite end of you, so while I cant understand what you are going through and the battling you are facing on your side my heart is with you. Be strong. I know you have this! xx
Thank you sorry if I came across as rude x

Reactions: 3
Why does her insta bio say ‘I’m a Monica’ what does that even mean, correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t ever remember the friends episode ‘the one where Monica hoards cat tit’ or Monica ever putting a bowl of food on top of the bin, or using a spoolie she found on the floor
Opposite of Monica If anything

Reactions: 11
The fatphobia in this thread is...yikes
Isn't it just. I'm sure there are loads of people here smarter and more educated than I who don't need my basic recommendations, but the You're Wrong About podcast episode on the 'obesity epidemic' is worth a listen, in my opinion.

I know this isn't the place for personal stories or an in depth discussion about any of this, but I was in treatment for anorexia since the age of 14 (now 32 and out of treatment for a few years). I can very directly trace the onset of my illness to a calorie reference book I picked up at a charity book sale for 10p when I was 13 - I would read literally anything to do with science that I could get my hands on, so bought all of the books in the 'science' section. Within weeks I knew all of those numbers by heart and without trying became hyper-aware of the calories I was consuming and trying to make each day's total smaller than the last. Within a year I was in inpatient treatment. Of course there were myriad other factors that contributed, and for many people that knowledge of calories wouldn't have been dangerous at all, but to suggest that it's only 'snowflakes' or fat people who want to live in denial who would have concerns about being told the calorie count of everything they're consuming is just wrong. It's not that simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
WOW, just WOW
(This was in response to the Hobbie gif)
She clearly just wanted to be with him dressed in a suit, and her in a wedding dress in lots of pictures 😆 maybe invisiged showing them at their real wedding a couple of year later... look we were practising being maŕried even then -

• Haha
Reactions: 17
hey @GoodGoss
I’m genuinely curious, do you view obesity/not taking care of your body as immoral? It’s one thing that you see it as a personal failure, it’s what a lot of women do, myself included, but I don’t feel comfortable knowing the suggestion that you look at fat people like they’re awful. I’m not trying to change your opinion, I’m just curious. You said you take responsibility for what you put in your body, and that is absolutely your right, but in that case, why do you drink? Alcohol literally has no benefit, nutrition wise. Yes, doctors say a glass of red wine wouldn’t be bad for your heart but I doubt you drink for health reasons? Not shaming you for drinking at all, I’d be a hypocrite 😂 but if it’s not something the body needs, why consume it at all?

I feel its only if you are caring about what you consume, and using our body as it was interned, or as close to in this technological world, that being fit shows you care.
People with this logic could say you clearly don’t care about yourself/your body if you drink. Like obesity, alcoholism and smoking are also a public health issue.

We need support and compassion, not shame. Good on you for losing weight and toning up, I sincerely hope you feel loads better, physically and emotionally.

Sorry for going off topic 🙈

Reactions: 15
I love it when people say fat people are a drain on the NHS.

Extra doctors appointments? Honey I barely go. Such a drain.
Preach! Disclaimer: former overweight (almost obese) person now slim. Used to avoid GPs like the plague when fat because let me tell anyone doubting it, as a fat person you could literally go to a GP with your leg hanging off or something and they'd be like 'hmmm...yes....I think the problem is The Obesity. Have you tried losing weight?' I definitely go to the GP now more as a slim person. Gabby doesn't drain the NHS because of her size, she drains it because she's an attention seeking moron.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
For anyone who doesn’t know.....an eating disorder doesn’t automatically mean restrictive eating. It can also mean binging and gorging on food (without being sick e.g bulimia) and I do totally believe that gab IS very triggered by food, she’s said numerous times that she just orders takeaways or eats a crazy amount, always thinking about food.

ANYWAY yeah that gif is insane. I still dislike gob sewwwww much, but I do feel sorry for her. It just baffles me everyday that she goes to the extent she does to change herself and make photos look that radically different, but she doesn’t just seek therapy and truly work to the bottom of the issue to see things resolved. If she dropped the terrible attitude, I think people would really warm to her

Why does her insta bio say ‘I’m a Monica’ what does that even mean, correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t ever remember the friends episode ‘the one where Monica hoards cat tit’ or Monica ever putting a bowl of food on top of the bin, or using a spoolie she found on the floor
ummmm first kiss was her brother maybe?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
hey @GoodGoss
I’m genuinely curious, do you view obesity/not taking care of your body as immoral? It’s one thing that you see it as a personal failure, it’s what a lot of women do, myself included, but I don’t feel comfortable knowing the suggestion that you look at fat people like they’re awful. I’m not trying to change your opinion, I’m just curious. You said you take responsibility for what you put in your body, and that is absolutely your right, but in that case, why do you drink? Alcohol literally has no benefit, nutrition wise. Yes, doctors say a glass of red wine wouldn’t be bad for your heart but I doubt you drink for health reasons? Not shaming you for drinking at all, I’d be a hypocrite 😂 but if it’s not something the body needs, why consume it at all?

People with this logic could say you clearly don’t care about yourself/your body if you drink. Like obesity, alcoholism and smoking are also a public health issue.

We need support and compassion, not shame. Good on you for losing weight and toning up, I sincerely hope you feel loads better, physically and emotionally.

Sorry for going off topic 🙈
Oh no, I completely agree. I see the hypocrisy in my *health* statements. I could make excuses like '' drinking is socially acceptable '' but thats all it would be, an excuse, and really the same could be said for food. I will own up to using '' well everyone needs some sort of vice'' as an excuse. As you said, there is no benefit to alcohol, I agree. Its a depressant, its not a good thing.

I know what I said came off judgmental, harsh, mean and uncaring of people that are overweight. It was a very broad statement, also stemmed in some self-hatred and my views of the everyday person are not like that. I have been in that place. I know both the feelings of being happy and confident with yourself but also the feelings of insecurity, unhappiness and helplessness. Depends which side you fall I guess and I usually fall the latter.

I have a lot of issues myself zith self image, worth, food ect that I relate to with Gabby that drew me to her. I, as with a lot of others here, emaphise with her in certain ways, and so when she does things that we are either making steps towards improving or have overcome without the time and money she has, it can just set you off. And with having a drink today I didnt hold back as I normally would.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
People who are overweight never get the same sympathy as those who are underweight. Whether you over- or under-eat, the root cause has to be a psychological/behavioural one, in my opinion. Both problems are different sides of the same coin. But thinness is glorified and deemed as an attractive trait (disciplines, willpower, caring about yourself) fatness the opposite. It’s ingrained.

One of my best friends is a doctor, he believes that 99% of obesity problems would be rectified faster with therapy than weight loss programmes and I can get on board with that. It makes sense. Who on earth actually likes the sensation of overeating or eating junk constantly?

So yeah, in a nutshell - in my opinion disordered eating is a behavioural problem that needs treating as such.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Just putting it out there that I personally don't care for anyone's opinion if you think being fat is immoral/awful/lack of personal responsibility because frankly fat people don't owe anyone a justification for their existence or to prove their worth. There have been some posts that are more on the fatphobic side in here but on the whole it seems like the majority of us agree that what's problematic re Gabby's weight isn't her size at all but the way she lies about having lost weight, promotes unhealthy behaviours (like only drinking OJ to lose weight), edits all her posts so that she doesn't look like herself etc. What's damaging is the way she responds to and alters her size on social media, not her size itself. I don't like this girl at all and I would still be mega made up for her if one day she just stopped doing all this stuff, became a 'plus size' Youtuber or something, stopped hiding her real body and letting it stop her from leaving the house. All the tit she pulls makes me angry because she's directly contributing to the perception that being fat is something to be ashamed of and hide and it isn't. With a big following of mostly young women that is incredibly damaging and irresponsible and no matter how much I can empathise with her desire to do that on a personal level, the way she behaves will never be okay to me

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.