Fruit related IBS..?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,

I've had oral allergy syndrome for a number of years (raw fruit and veg make my mouth itchy) which means that there's only a small number of fruits that I can eat without my mouth being overcome with itchyness.

Recently I added bananas to my daily intake and my stomach did NOT like it. I tried for a week and every time my stomach cramped for 2 hours followed by having to go to the loo multiple times (sorry I know this is TMI). I have tried bananas before and that has never happened.

So I gave up the bananas and went back to grapes and now out of nowhere I can no longer eat them either! It's the same issue with the cramps etc. I've just tried a satsuma and it's not feeling great :/

Has this happened to anyone else out of nowhere?

Me I was fine for years. Can’t say I particularly like fruit but could eat it and then developed an itchy roof of my mouth when I ate apples or oranges, strawberry’s etc.
Then lips tingling and now it’s accompanied by stomach cramps and diarrhoea. Sorry TMI I know. But I sympathise with you. It’s awful.
Honey has the same effect. I think it might be linked to hay fever.

Me I was fine for years. Can’t say I particularly like fruit but could eat it and then developed an itchy roof of my mouth when I ate apples or oranges, strawberry’s etc.
Then lips tingling and now it’s accompanied by stomach cramps and diarrhoea. Sorry TMI I know. But I sympathise with you. It’s awful.
Honey has the same effect. I think it might be linked to hay fever.
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad I'm not going crazy. I'm exactly the same as you - was never a big fruit eater to begin with but I do try.

The itchy mouth thing is def linked to hay fever (I went and had tests at the hospital) but I can manage certain fruits. Why my stomach has decided that it's now gonna refuse to digest them at all is beyond me. It's so annoying :cry: