Frozen Shoulder

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all and a happy new year.

I've been on hold to 111 for 3 hours trying to seek some advice. I started to get a niggle in my arm/shoulder lastnight and woke up to find I couldn't move it without the area between my shoulder and elbow being in excruciating pain. I've barely slept all night cos it's agony. I have a feeling it's frozen shoulder as I work in primary care so we get quite a few patients with the same complaint and from looking through the NHS website, I seem to have the symptoms of it. I cant move it, the pain is so bad. Ive taken pain however can only take paracetemol, im not able to take ibuprofen due to medication i take. Just wondering if anyone has had this before and what remedies may help? Its also my right arm so its making everything difficult. Thank you.

Sorry you’re having such a painful start to the year!

I’ve had issues with my shoulder on/off for a long time. I’ve never seeked treatment on the NHS but I’ve found a good sports therapist (or physiotherapist) who is able to massage out the knots and has given me exercises to prevent it from occurring so much and strengthen the muscle. I would have a search on YouTube as there are some helpful things - this might not be possible for right now, but one to look for for long-term maintenance.

As for now, would recommend seeing a physiotherapist if you can, as they’ll be able to solve the root of the problem.

Would also recommend keeping your shoulder warm - have a bath with muscle soak if you have it, or Epsom salts, then after apply some deep heat or keep a hot water bottle on it. Once it’s warm and is beginning to loosen try to keep it moving - shoulder shrugs, and back and forth movements - then maybe give some easy exercises a go.

Hope this helps and that you get it sorted!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
A frozen shoulder takes weeks/months to develop not a day. It's a horribly slow process from freezing to frozen to thawing. I had no idea until I had one.

A frozen shoulder takes weeks/months to develop not a day. It's a horribly slow process from freezing to frozen to thawing. I had no idea until I had one.
That makes me feel slightly better that it takes weeks etc though I'm now at a point where I cannot move my arm at all because it's absolute agony. I haven't had an injury or anything, I just woke up like it this morning. pain aren't helping at all. Is yours better now?