Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mumsnet have four stock replies to every thread:

1) Leave the bastard aka LTB

2) That looks like sepsis

3) Log it with 101

and finally, the one that really makes me grind my teeth:

"All money is family money"
What does all money is family money mean? I've never heard it! Sorry if its extremely obvious my brain is fried by kids x

Reactions: 2
To be honest: I've lurked on their mental health board posting about BPD and the relationship area, but there's so many smaller projects to help out at the moment rather than help run a website that has already made tons of money. And I'd rather save the money to make small donations to a food bank and a suicide prevention charity.
Totally agree, I can’t understand how they are so skint so quickly. My local food bank means more to me.

Reactions: 3
What does all money is family money mean? I've never heard it! Sorry if its extremely obvious my brain is fried by kids x
General opinion on Mumsnet was that any money that came into the household should automatically all be pooled together. They were very vocal about couples who had separate accounts. It was seen as completely abnormal and the phrase "All money is family money anyway" was CONSTANTLY parroted on there.

Yel

Totally agree, I can’t understand how they are so skint so quickly. My local food bank means more to me.
I think that like Jack Monroe they're very well off but are accustomed to making a tit load of money and are horrified at earning less so pleading poverty to milk people.

I just read the thread by the owner, they are promising things like editing posts and hiding other members posts for £4.99 a month - all the kind of things that tattle and other forums already let you do.

The owner says they have a staff cost of £350k a month. Mind blown! What do all these people do to run such a poor forum that has the features forums did 20 years ago?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
How much does it cost to run Tattle in comparison?

I'd donate if you started selling a #strongtattleclub T shirt in leopard print of course.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve never been a member of Mumsnet - it’s ever appealed.
Last year a couple of MN members joined a private FB group that I belong to. They took great delight in starting a thread on MN taking the piss out of things that had been posted on there. All so unnecessary. Some of them are like witches around a cauldron.
Perhaps that seems hypocritical of me seeing as this is a gossip site but people on a private FB group are not posting in the public domain.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I joined Mumsnet years ago but it has degenerated to the point of being unreadable. I only recently logged back in and saw the plea for money in way of a subscription service, no way would I pay to subscribe to something that is full of trolls and holier than thou keyboard warriors. However I do have to give it credit for doing me the courtesy of sending me to Tattle! They can harp on all they want about how dreadful Tattle is but from my first post on here I was welcomed with open arms and find it a really nice, friendly forum. Thank you @Helen for giving us this space.

Reactions: 11
I’ve just come on to see if there was a thread about this. Who the duck is going to pay to stay a member of MN?! I’ve managed to become a VIP member on here for nowt 🤣 AND I can edit my posts for the amazing price of £0.00 a month. I can also talk about MOD and FOD and Jack Monroe as much as I want without anyone deleting my posts or getting banned.

3) Log it with 101

Can I also add ‘get your ducks in a row’ and ‘get yourself a tit hot lawyer’ to that list please? Also, I can only make a chicken last for just the one meal rather than 6 years, so I’ll leave the membership to anyone who’s still eating a chicken that they cooked on the eve of the millennium.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I

Can I also add ‘get your ducks in a row’ and ‘get yourself a tit hot lawyer’ to that list please? Also, I can only make a chicken last for just the one meal rather than 6 years, so I’ll leave the membership to anyone who’s still eating a chicken that they cooked on the eve of the millennium.
Don't forget that you're entitled to '30 minutes free' with that tit hot lawyer. They HAVE to give it to you, and if you don't manage to 'LTB' after getting your 'ducks in a row', then why not 'treat yourself to a spa day and get a cleaner' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Don't forget the "does this pregnancy test look positive to you?" threads!

If you can't figure out a pregnancy test youre too young to be having sex.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I was gobsmacked by the request for money on MN today.

I joined when my 17 yr old some was about a year old so have been a member a long time. It used to be an amazing site and I met several people on the SEN board with are still FB friends today.

Over the years it’s got too big and seems to be full of trolls and hate which is devastating considering the supportive place it used to be.

i went through a very bad year when my son was 6-7yrs old and got lots of support from other parents. Then at Christmas I got a message to say I’d been nominated for the Christmas Secret Santa they used to do. I cannot tell you how absolutely wonderful it was to receive anonymous gifts (to the Mumsnetter of the house) at a time when life was difficult. I still to this day don’t know who these lovely people were but they restored my faith in humanity. It was wonderful to be a gifter the next year.

So I have a lot of lovely memories from MN but it’s not the place it was anymore. That’s sad,

Reactions: 7
General opinion on Mumsnet was that any money that came into the household should automatically all be pooled together. They were very vocal about couples who had separate accounts. It was seen as completely abnormal and the phrase "All money is family money anyway" was CONSTANTLY parroted on there.
Ahhh I see. Thanks for explaining x

Reactions: 1
The whole business element is baffling to me.

I understand that currently companies aren’t paying out big advertising spends, but in the long run you need a lot of £5 per month to compensate the advertising spends. The premise is that if you pay you don’t see ads, but if everyone subscribed and no one is seeing the ads then why would advertisers pay to be on the site?

I also don’t understand 350k a month salary bill, I don’t work in this industry it comparable to the company I do work for it seems an awful lot,?

Reactions: 6

I understand that currently companies aren’t paying out big advertising spends, but in the long run you need a lot of £5 per month to compensate the advertising spends. The premise is that if you pay you don’t see ads, but if everyone subscribed and no one is seeing the ads then why would advertisers pay to be on the site?

I also don’t understand 350k a month salary bill, I don’t work in this industry it comparable to the company I do work for it seems an awful lot,?
It’s not even that. You’ll still see ads if you pay, just not as many. And their moderation policy is shocking anyway. I *think* the mods who did the night shift used to be volunteers, so where the hell is that money going?!

so many of them on there love a stealth boast about about their mansions, 50k + a year salary and five year old DC passing their alevels they will probably claim to be paying 4.99 a day and state how worth it is.

Reactions: 2

They allegedly have 100 staff on around 35K a year. Not sure what the roles are. Remember the debacle of an intern posting user IP's on Twitter, a very serious data breach.

Reactions: 4
Oh Justine 😂🤣
what are you doing.

some of the posts over there are hilarious.....
pay 50 quid and you *might* have 15 seconds to edit a post 😂😂😂 thanks for the laugh, I never go over to lactating net!!!

56E9DE2A-E9AF-4EEA-9C46-632F78F7982F.jpeg
4BB15F4B-E9EA-4AA9-B874-91779735B1ED.jpeg

so if you’re a toll (and you comment that you don’t agree a child should be breastfed past the age of 12....you know a troll comment)
and you’ve paid 50 quid.
can they not ban you 🤣😂

84E41413-7FA2-4669-8948-1991CCF0D0E7.jpeg

DF78ADC4-8B03-435A-83CE-8692442882AF.jpeg
AC983083-FB9F-4CD5-ACD7-F31B37011E1A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5

3) Log it with 101

You forgot the killer line:

‘You sound dreadful, OP’

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh cry me a river- £7 million and 575k profit and yet those pesky loans which have been deferred to pay back .

😭

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.