Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was on there. Still occasionally have a quick look but it’s nothing like it used to be.
It’s helped me a bit over the years, people on the Style & Beauty threads are often very helpful but AIBU is awful. I got absolutely slated for asking if an eight year old should be able to wipe their own arse, it wasn’t the fact that I was asking was a problem, it was the fact that I’d used the word ‘arse’. The professionally offended on MN were almost swooning at the word. I was apparently the worst person in the world. And I’m a stepmother, so I’m always wrong anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I still have a look every now and then, it’s such a huge site that I look in chat , s&b and AIBU.

I only posted in AIBU a couple of times and it was generally frothy , nothing serious , usually about my cats.

I did get very good advice in teens when I was worried about one of my children and needed to vent , the less used boards are friendlier..... unless it’s The Doghouse and God forbid you ask the wrong sort of question 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I once did an AIBU about my neighbour playing the radio all day in the garden loudly (even when going out to the shops). I was pretty much called a selfish bleep for not wanting to hear his music and have a quiet garden "get earplug princess", "go live in the middle of no where witch!", "have you heard of noise cancelling headphones, get some and shut up" and "entitled much, why does your liking of quiet override his love of music?!", because a lover of music just plays heart from a tinny little shity radio and leaves it on all day. So many perfectly normal AIBU questions go crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I once did an AIBU about my neighbour playing the radio all day in the garden loudly
YWNBU 😉 The beauty of AIBU is that it can go either way and no-one can ever predict which way that will be. On another day you might have gotten everyone agreeing with you.

Reactions: 5
I have never spat my tea all over the keyboard unlike some of the posters who started to come on.

Remember the Maui Haylie, a spoilt princess type poster ( made it up more like) , posters wanted that dross to go to classics , it was not funny , memorable or classic .

That’s the type of poster Justine wants now.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes, used it for years, then left when it seemed like if you breathed wrong, you were banned. Hated the over the top moderation.

Reactions: 3
Yes, used it for years, then left when it seemed like if you breathed wrong, you were banned. Hated the over the top moderation.
Also because they all get offended at everything you even have to put lighthearted in your message

Reactions: 4
Hey! I posted on Mumsnet (under various usernames) for years and years (and years) . Until they got hacked, everyone had to log back in & I couldn’t remember my password or the original email address I’d set up with. So I just gave up 🤷‍♀️ And was in “forum wilderness” , where I’ve remained for about 3 years - lurking😳
I lurked on Reddit (didn’t get it) , I lurked on the other Mum sites (my kids are older now so I’m over the breastfeeding chat 😆)
Then THEN a miraculous thing happened... Brummy mummy off Insta sent me over, after her tearful Stories about mean cows on here slagging her. That’s the VERY PLACE for me I said to myself & and here I am , with a log in and everything 😄 So happy!
Any other ex-mumsnetters here? It all got a bit doom & gloom on there didn’t it 😲
Me! I love Tattle! I’m right at home here 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ah I’m in good company I can see 😍 Yes Style & Beauty was useful and still worth a look but AIBU got too much for me with people just spoiling for a fight & all new threads seemed to get posted there rather than the appropriate topics i.e “AIBU to think this rash is Chicken Pox” 🤷‍♀️ 🙄
And people saying their child had “just eaten a duck-ton of salad” when you know they would never utter a swear in real life 🙄😂

Reactions: 1
Yep!

Can’t slag it as I’ve had some great advice in aibu as a first time mum.

But I too really did not like the way the instagramer post was modded.

I like it here :)

I never used it but was directed to the softzilla thread once which was entertaining. Anyone know what the eventual outcome was there?

Reactions: 1
Soft Zilla woman last updated to say she was pregnant and iirc stalker woman was in trouble with the police .

Whether it was true or not I don’t know.

I've just arrived from the dark side aka mumsnet, loved it at first but realised I didn't really fit it... Not having my ducks in a row or scraping to survive on my 100k income.
Tattle is absolutely my jam!
*hugs*💐 Well done for having the strength to LTB 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I used to be on Mumsnet quite a lot but it’s definitely changed now, I occasionally have a look but haven’t posted for years

mumsnet is a bloody nightmare. I went through a lot of parenting sites but mumsnet was the worst. Someone called me selfish for putting my son through cancer treatment. Never went back after that.

Babycentre was alright but I never got into it as much. My birth board was pretty dramatic but I learned not to take it seriously.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I too had an email off Mumsnet 2 times saying my account was hacked or something I thought it was just spam.
Then I read it on a news site tried to change the password as they asked and now my account just sits who knows who can access it but I cant.
When I tried emailing them I was given the runaround over and over I just gave up in the end. Then I found this site but not through nappy brands and stuff.
I posted once saying how I thought Tescos nappies were better than I think it was Pampers I may as well have just declared war on the bloody whole of the internet it went from one to another than before I knew it Pampers was the best thing since sliced bread. Wouldn't mind half of them hated Pampers or whatever brand it was I do think it was Pampers before I posted that hence why I said it.
So here I am.
And I still stand by my word back then Tescos nappies was the best until Aldi came along :)
Well, they were certainly cheaper.

Is it me or is Mumsnet viscous? I’ve posted a few times on there, nothing unreasonable, and the commenters just attack! And they have the cheek to moan about Tattle being “bullying”

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes 🤣 the one that gets me is if anyone posts a husband problem they just get told “sorry but he’s definitely having an affair, get rid”

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Oh they're a complete nest of vipers. Man hating vipers actually and a lot of them seem to hate other women as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
“Leave the bastard” or LTB seems to
Be the standard response from everything from a husband sleeping with a posters mother’s, neighbours friend to eating the last custard cream 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.