Frizzy hair

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My hair is horrible. I am getting married next year and starting to worry about my frizzy mop. Look at the state of it. I have tip extensions to give it a bit more thickness but it just seems that the top layer is so thin

Any thoughts on getting it in a more manageable condition?

Should I ditch the extensions ? but then my hair will look even thinner.

I wash it 2/3 times a week using sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and always use heat protector but have to straighten it to make it look vaguely presentable.

Have I left it too late to get it halfway decent before I get married?

Also any recommendations for hairdressers in the Norrh East would be grand. Mine is good at extensions but I don't feel is a good hairdresser.

Thanks for reading the ramble.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Have you had it bleached at some point with a high volume? Honestly, it looks like you need a really good cut and to start from scratch growing healthy hair. Maybe a slightly deeper colour as well to add some shine. I’ve heard Brazilian blow dry treatments are good for smoothing hair, but I’ve never had one so can’t speak from personal experience.

I would try to find a good local hairdresser - can any friends recommend one? Or look online for one with good reviews. I think professional advice is best and I’m sure a good hairdresser could help you

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Keratin smoothing treatment / Brazilian blow dry will eradicate that frizz. Sulphate free shampoo and conditioner is recommended with the aftercare which you already have so don’t feel pressured into buying the brands own in salon x

• Heart
My hair can be very similar as it’s naturally curly amd so goes very frizzy. I would lose the extensions for a while while you focus on improving the texture. A really good cut and a deep intensive mask once a week, if you can afford it try Philip Kingsley products.

I can’t leave my hair to air dry, it gets worse for frizz. So although you want to minimise the heat as much as poss, I find giving my hair a good blow dry and straighten makes it look more sleek and manageable and then I won’t put any heat on at all until my next wash, I try to wash every four days. When blow drying, section the hair and really concentrate the nozzle down onto the hair so you are trying to smooth down as much as possible and finish each section with a cold shot. Make sure it’s properly dry before moving on to the next section.

A deeper shade might help with some shine, drinks lots of water, eat protein. Michael Douglas (celeb hair dresser) does a hair clinic on Instagram every Tuesday giving hair advice for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you want to try something less permanent than a keratin/Brazilian blow dry, try colour wow dreamcoat spray.

You put it on before blowdrying and then blow dry straight and it makes a massive difference to my hair.

• Heart
Thanks everyone, I had never thought of a smoothing treatment. Have booked in for a consultation next week and will probably ditch the extensions. I'm wondering if my hair is naturally wavy which may account for the frizzy rough texture?

Thanks again

• Heart
Thanks everyone, I had never thought of a smoothing treatment. Have booked in for a consultation next week and will probably ditch the extensions. I'm wondering if my hair is naturally wavy which may account for the frizzy rough texture?

Thanks again
It might be. Mine is naturally wavy and has a coarse texture and is frizz prone. It never looks smooth unless I use heat on it. I’m like a previous poster in that I have to absolutely use heat to get a smooth, shiny finish. If I leave my hair to dry naturally or just use a hairdryer my hair looks rough and dull. Heat actually makes it look smoother and healthier. I just make sure I only wash it twice a week and I use a heated straightening brush after blowing as smooth as I can with my hairdryer and don’t go above 170 degrees. I recommend using a heat protector too.

Reactions: 4
Mi hair looked similar and I was at my wits end trying to style it somehow to deal with the frizz. Turned out I have wavy/curly hair. Have a look at curly hair products and styling videos- you don’t need to spend a lot on initial few products to see if they make a difference. The Noughty range is a good start as reasonably priced and they also have styling videos on their website. I ditched all heat styling and 5 months in my hair is so much more healthy, less frizzy and has fab natural waves and curls after air drying I used to spend a lot of time creating with heat in the past.

• Heart
My hair is similar to yours I use the L'oreal Steampod and it really straightens it and makes it smooth and shiny.

• Heart
Mi hair looked similar and I was at my wits end trying to style it somehow to deal with the frizz. Turned out I have wavy/curly hair. Have a look at curly hair products and styling videos- you don’t need to spend a lot on initial few products to see if they make a difference. The Noughty range is a good start as reasonably priced and they also have styling videos on their website. I ditched all heat styling and 5 months in my hair is so much more healthy, less frizzy and has fab natural waves and curls after air drying I used to spend a lot of time creating with heat in the past.
I took out my hair extensions and let my hair air dry...yup I also have curly hair!! I never knew hair could change from being dead straight to curly!
So this weekend will be watching videos to see how to get it looking OK.will check out the styling videos you mentioned! As soon as I took a brush to it, I looked liked the love child of Hagrid and Brian May. Also purchased a satin bonnet for nights - that will be a lovely surprise tonight for my other half!

I'm also getting a smoothing treatment in a few weeks to curtail the frizz. Fingers crossed it will work!

• Heart
I too have curly hair which goes frizzy. Think I have tried most treatments including the Brazilian straightening treatment which didn't really do anything except dent a big hole in my purse.

One thing I can recommend is the stuff maid by only curls. It really does define the curls and stops them fizzing.

• Heart
Hi - I have thick, frizzy hair that’s naturally curly but after 20 years of straightening and blow drying , is more just frizz and wavy now.
I had the keratin smoothing treatment recently and let me tell you - it was a GAME changer for me. It’s not permanent though and only lasts around three months but worth its weight in gold for me. Would highly recommend!

• Heart
My hair is horrible. I am getting married next year and starting to worry about my frizzy mop. Look at the state of it. I have tip extensions to give it a bit more thickness but it just seems that the top layer is so thin

Any thoughts on getting it in a more manageable condition?

Should I ditch the extensions ? but then my hair will look even thinner.

I wash it 2/3 times a week using sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and always use heat protector but have to straighten it to make it look vaguely presentable.

Have I left it too late to get it halfway decent before I get married?

Also any recommendations for hairdressers in the Norrh East would be grand. Mine is good at extensions but I don't feel is a good hairdresser.

Thanks for reading the ramble.
I think you may have naturally curly hair😄 hence the frizz coz you brush it out as if it’s straight. Loads of videos on YouTube about how to go from frizz to curls

I think you may have naturally curly hair😄 hence the frizz coz you brush it out as if it’s straight. Loads of videos on YouTube about how to go from frizz to curls
I do!! I watched few videos and got some products. Came out a bit like a poodle BUT no frizz!! Think it will just be trial and error to see what works for me.

Attachments

Reactions: 3