Friendship break-ups

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you deal with them? Ive tried and tried with my friend. Suggesting meeting up, cuppa in the garden, taking the kids to the park ect but each time I get turned down or I get told "We'll see" and then nothing comes of it.

Shes recently met a new guy who hates me for no reason what so ever. Im sure he is involved in her choices but I honestly dont know what else I can do. I miss her and I miss the kids but I need to move on, the friendship we once had is never coming back. So how do you get over a friend breakup?

How do you deal with them? Ive tried and tried with my friend. Suggesting meeting up, cuppa in the garden, taking the kids to the park ect but each time I get turned down or I get told "We'll see" and then nothing comes of it.

Shes recently met a new guy who hates me for no reason what so ever. Im sure he is involved in her choices but I honestly dont know what else I can do. I miss her and I miss the kids but I need to move on, the friendship we once had is never coming back. So how do you get over a friend breakup?
Similar has happened to me, a woman who was previously my best friend (we no longer live in the same country but spoke every day, including for a few hours every week on skype), then for no reason she just stopped replying to me or if she did it was just one word answers, never asking me anything. I have absolutely 0 idea what happened, we didn't argue or anything.
Sorry no advice I just wanted to vent, it is so odd and is actually worse than a romantic breakup imo, it is so strange to lose someone you have shared so much with :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I lost not only one but two, what I thought, were really good friends through a really stupid situation and I'm still not over it :( it hurts because I give my all to friendships and relationships and when I don't receive it back it really stings :( you'll be ok x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Similar has happened to me, a woman who was previously my best friend (we no longer live in the same country but spoke every day, including for a few hours every week on skype), then for no reason she just stopped replying to me or if she did it was just one word answers, never asking me anything. I have absolutely 0 idea what happened, we didn't argue or anything.
Sorry no advice I just wanted to vent, it is so odd and is actually worse than a romantic breakup imo, it is so strange to lose someone you have shared so much with :(
Im sorry youve been through the same. It hurts like hell doesnt it?
What makes it worse is when I feel like im okay and 'over it' she messages to see how I am and then it all starts again because im an idiot and reply.

I lost not only one but two, what I thought, were really good friends through a really stupid situation and I'm still not over it :( it hurts because I give my all to friendships and relationships and when I don't receive it back it really stings :( you'll be ok x
Im the same, I try to put my all into friendships. Weve been best friends for well over 7 years and its all just gone.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Im sorry youve been through the same. It hurts like hell doesnt it?
What makes it worse is when I feel like im okay and 'over it' she messages to see how I am and then it all starts again because im an idiot and reply.

Im the same, I try to put my all into friendships. Weve been best friends for well over 7 years and its all just gone.
yeah @avabella it has happened to me twice as well, the other time because of a friend's boyfriend who took a dislike to me the first (and only time) we met, they are now married and had it been a few years ago I imagine I would have been a bridesmaid, as it was I wasn't even told about the wedding. I am not a person with loads of friends so the friendships I have tend to be very close so it is really devastating.

@GiggleBee this sounds like a very toxic relationship I really think you should block her number so she cannot contact you tbh

Reactions: 1
yeah @avabella it has happened to me twice as well, the other time because of a friend's boyfriend who took a dislike to me the first (and only time) we met, they are now married and had it been a few years ago I imagine I would have been a bridesmaid, as it was I wasn't even told about the wedding. I am not a person with loads of friends so the friendships I have tend to be very close so it is really devastating.

@GiggleBee this sounds like a very toxic relationship I really think you should block her number so she cannot contact you tbh
My friends new guy took a disliking to me too. Hes sent me the weirdest messages on Facebook and Im honestly worried about my friend because of him but as I said there is nothing I can do.
I need to block her but Im worried in case she needs me đŸ˜©

• Sad
My friends new guy took a disliking to me too. Hes sent me the weirdest messages on Facebook and Im honestly worried about my friend because of him but as I said there is nothing I can do.
I need to block her but Im worried in case she needs me đŸ˜©
yeah I feel the same about my friend's now husband, he beat up his friend when I met him because he thought he was flirting with my friend :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I ask people once, or make an effort once and then it’s on them.

Last year one of my closest friends dropped me for a girl he met and then tried to say it was me that has used him in lockdown!? Deluded.

Friendships are never the same if you try to rekindle them imo.

yeah I feel the same about my friend's now husband, he beat up his friend when I met him because he thought he was flirting with my friend :rolleyes:
Thats awful and she still married him?!

Im kind of hoping my friends relationship is a rebound one as she only split with her husband late last year but I dont think it is. I will cut and/or lose all contact if she marries this guy.

Thats awful and she still married him?!

Im kind of hoping my friends relationship is a rebound one as she only split with her husband late last year but I dont think it is. I will cut and/or lose all contact if she marries this
I ask people once, or make an effort once and then it’s on them.

Last year one of my closest friends dropped me for a girl he met and then tried to say it was me that has used him in lockdown!? Deluded.

Friendships are never the same if you try to rekindle them imo.
Yeah, it seems they don't like to be the guilty one.

Reactions: 3
The more this goes on the more worried I get about my friend. How do I know this isnt him controlling her? It feels like a friendship break up but it could be the new boyfriend doing this.