Friends Reunion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
25040546-8030735-image-m-12_1582323974981.jpg

So it's confirmed. Me 10 years ago would have liked a reunion. But I think these things are best left alone. Although hbo must be putting alot of money into it, so unlikely to be as bad as the sex and the city movies šŸ¤ž

Reactions: 24
I am a die hard friends fan but cannot get excifed about this until I know what the reunion actually is. Is it a sit down interview showing the best bits? Or A film/ long episode of ā€œhereā€™s where we are all now 20 years laterā€

Reactions: 8
I am a die hard friends fan but cannot get excifed about this until I know what the reunion actually is. Is it a sit down interview showing the best bits? Or A film/ long episode of ā€œhereā€™s where we are all now 20 years laterā€
i reckon itā€™ll be a sit down get together thing where they watch clips and share stories etc. ā€œReunionā€ doesnā€™t suggest new episodes to me.

edit: okay yeah itā€™s an ā€œunscripted specialā€ for hbo. So like you said, an interview thing.

Reactions: 6
View attachment 86975

So it's confirmed. Me 10 years ago would have liked a reunion. But I think these things are best left alone. Although hbo must be putting alot of money into it, so unlikely to be as bad as the sex and the city movies šŸ¤ž
Im 100% with you. Friends is a 90s/early 00's show and that's where it should of been left.

Reactions: 8
Friends have left Netflix for HBO max this year so a reunion is a good way to hype up something that everyone has already been watching for years, mostly for free. I can see lots of people joining HBO max to access a reunion interview but not to just watch the show.

Reactions: 1
View attachment 86975

Like someone else has said itā€™s just going to be an interview with all the cast, I really think they shouldā€™ve made it clearer šŸ˜‘

Reactions: 5
Like someone else has said itā€™s just going to be an interview with all the cast, I really think they shouldā€™ve made it clearer šŸ˜‘
Ok that does change things considerably ... and a relief. Reunion episodes are always horribly forced. I do thinks itā€™s a bit of a misrepresentation though...

I was so excited when I saw this last night. Then I read it's going to be unscripted šŸ˜­ So basically an interview with Ellen D. I'm expecting a car crash like The Inbetweeners 'reunion'

Oh it's just some interview, like an Oprah special. Boring! (Nick Abbott sound affect) these are actors that are paid to deliver other people's lines and told how to deliver them. I don't care about the actors.

Although the last Oprah special was a mess, "was it hard seeing someone you love going through addictions?", no Oprah it was amazing šŸ™„

Ot but just saw friends was on C5 and it's another hd remaster complete with zooms and crops. Why can't they just show them in the aspect ratio they were filmed for? Makes it unwatchable imo.

I'll watch. Unsure how us in the UK will see it šŸ˜‰. I'm kinda ok with it just being an interview and not a new episode. I really don't think that would have worked.

Reactions: 2
Thank God it isnā€™t a new episode, but letā€™s be honest, we donā€™t need this interview special either.

Mental theyā€™re getting 4 million each for this šŸ˜‚wonder why they agreed

• Sick
  • Wow
I love friends, grew up when it was first released and still watch it now. I am really happy it's not a "new" episode as I totally agree it's best left alone! :)

Reactions: 1
I LOVE friends. It was on TV when I was quite young so I didn't really watch it then but I can remember my Mum watching it and occasionally watching it with her, then I got hooked and ended up having lots of the series on DVD and watching them when I was a bit older - since then I've binged watched it more times than I care to admit!
I'm not sure how I'd feel about a new episode, I think everyone kind of wants to know what happens next?! But I feel like it ended perfectly.. Rachel got off the plane to be with Ross, Monica and Chandler moved to a nice house out the city with the twins, Phoebe was happily married and Joey was still Joey :LOL: so I wouldn't want a new episode to be awful and ruin all that. Just feel like it'd be weird.

• Heart
Really glad it's not a new episode. Dont need another 'Joey' incident! I'm excited about them all sitting down together and doin an interview after so many years.

Reactions: 3