Freddy My Love #7 Little Miss “Hasn’t Grown Out of Her Princess Stage”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @PettyBettyBoop and the Flossy girl herself for the thread title!

Freddy believes living luxurious means choosing form over function. “Choose the prettiest dinnerware and sofas, don’t worry about how practical it is”. What a bad advice.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Freddy believes living luxurious means choosing form over function. “Choose the prettiest dinnerware and sofas, don’t worry about how practical it is”. What a bad advice.
Yeah, I bet parents of toddlers or owners of active pets would agree with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
God where do I start?!

1. Opportunity to flog her Chanel knockoff dresses and other designers whose designs she has taken the liberty to redesign to put it diplomatically.

2. The flat is just an eyesore of bad taste

3. Brag brag brag and oh yes more bragging

4. Extremely tone deaf to the times Freddy is living in “cost of living crisis in the UK”

5. Beyond boring I actually fell asleep during it and in order to make a fair comment had to dig through the next 10 minutes of that stupid video

6. She has no self awareness. Period. Oh and she is extremely patronising to her audience. Embarrassing that she hadn’t advanced in her age from a mindset perspective

Reactions: 20
"Buy cheap crap if you think it's pretty -just throw it away and replace it with new cheap crap when it breaks"

Reactions: 12
I found her most recent video tough to swallow.
I see the merit in her brand of content, and I can pick up on the message Freddy was trying to convey in this video.
But unfortunately, rather than come across as a fun-loving, frivolous (in a good way) and fantastical woman in her 20s having a great time, the video instead is quite condescending and actually feels quite insulting to listen to.
Quotes such as "There is nothing less luxurious or glamorous than feeling like a sack of potatoes in an old t-shirt and scruffy old shorts. Just think, if you had to rush out the door right this minute for whatever reason, would you be embarrassed to be seen in what you're wearing right now?" don't have the playful jibing manner I think she intended; she sounds judgmental and rude!

Not to ramble, but Freddy certainly seems stuck in trying to define her content and this video is testament to that; she is asking herself what her niche is and has decided that inspirational, quirky and expensive older sister is the ticket. But this will, I believe, be her downfall. By painting herself as a character, a caricature of herself, she makes herself unlikeable. We have seen that Freddy is quite intelligent, driven and can be quite funny. I know she wants to distance her personal life from her professional, and that's fair enough, but it's almost as if she is creating an alter ego here, one which her followers do not recognise and did not sign up for. Personally, I think she will drop the act at some point, but I do wonder if it will be too late at that point.
There is a sort of desperation behind her eyes in some of the shots, especially the mirror ones. She knows that video is inauthentic but has pushed herself and convinced herself it's what people want from her, and it's what she needs to do to be an "it girl".

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Actually Freddy I AM wearing an old t shirt and scruffy leggings and NO, if I 'rushed outside' for any reason I wouldn't be worrying what the neighbours thought because I'm not a vain idiot 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Do we think she is going to start doing book recommendations next? There seemed to be a weird emphasis on her being seen to read a book in the video.
By painting herself as a character, a caricature of herself, she makes herself unlikeable.

but it's almost as if she is creating an alter ego here, one which her followers do not recognise and did not sign up for. Personally, I think she will drop the act at some point, but I do wonder if it will be too late at that point.
There is a sort of desperation behind her eyes in some of the shots, especially the mirror ones. She knows that video is inauthentic but has pushed herself and convinced herself it's what people want from her, and it's what she needs to do to be an "it girl".
This makes me think about the comment made in the previous thread where she wants to be seen as an icon like Audrey Hepburn etc.

Reactions: 8
Hello new to the thread, I used to like Freddy many many years ago when Blair Waldorf was my style idol and I thought I was richer than I am. However, and I echo the sentiments many have already said, she’s just stuck in the past! If I watched a video of hers now, compared to many years ago, they’re basically the same? Where’s the development with her audience? Also, who the duck keeps telling her pink is classy? I need to read more of the thread to know the depth of her being an idiot but from the couple of pages I’ve caught up on, it’s quite apparent

Reactions: 17
Actually Freddy I AM wearing an old t shirt and scruffy leggings and NO, if I 'rushed outside' for any reason I wouldn't be worrying what the neighbours thought because I'm not a vain idiot 😂
I’m the same, I have regularly thrown a hoodie over my pjs and put on runners to bring in the bins, couldn’t give a toss what anyone thinks.

Reactions: 14
Obviously the whole vid was made for the ad. Would she even try to make any vids if she wasn't being paid or gaining something from them :rolleyes:

1661266169283.png

Reactions: 10
I found her most recent video tough to swallow.
I see the merit in her brand of content, and I can pick up on the message Freddy was trying to convey in this video.
But unfortunately, rather than come across as a fun-loving, frivolous (in a good way) and fantastical woman in her 20s having a great time, the video instead is quite condescending and actually feels quite insulting to listen to.
Quotes such as "There is nothing less luxurious or glamorous than feeling like a sack of potatoes in an old t-shirt and scruffy old shorts. Just think, if you had to rush out the door right this minute for whatever reason, would you be embarrassed to be seen in what you're wearing right now?" don't have the playful jibing manner I think she intended; she sounds judgmental and rude!

Not to ramble, but Freddy certainly seems stuck in trying to define her content and this video is testament to that; she is asking herself what her niche is and has decided that inspirational, quirky and expensive older sister is the ticket. But this will, I believe, be her downfall. By painting herself as a character, a caricature of herself, she makes herself unlikeable. We have seen that Freddy is quite intelligent, driven and can be quite funny. I know she wants to distance her personal life from her professional, and that's fair enough, but it's almost as if she is creating an alter ego here, one which her followers do not recognise and did not sign up for. Personally, I think she will drop the act at some point, but I do wonder if it will be too late at that point.
Also... Is anyone else triggered by her voice and her articulation in this video?
I couldn't stand and watch until the end 😖🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Talking about luxury in a time where war in Europe is causing deep inflation, you really gotta be delusional, only Freddy would think of this

Do we think she is going to start doing book recommendations next? There seemed to be a weird emphasis on her being seen to read a book in the video.
She only buys table books that's pink, pastel, and has Chanel, Prada logos on it

Reactions: 15
Also... Is anyone else triggered by her voice and her articulation in this video?
I couldn't stand and watch until the end 😖🤮
Yes! I can't stand the way she pronounces the c and k with a very harsh click (chic becomes chicccck). The script was also so stilted and rehearsed, like a bad infomercial.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Talking about luxury in a time where war in Europe is causing deep inflation, you really gotta be delusional, only Freddy would think of this

She only buys table books that's pink, pastel, and has Chanel, Prada logos on it
This. We can barely make ends meet. It's so hard and upsetting to sit home, only able to buy groceries and nothing else while she is bragging about her luxury items and travels. 🤮

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.