Freddy My Love #2 Mean girl in sheep’s clothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry but this kind of body shaming is not acceptable. I dislike Freddy because of her disregard for the environment and her dated ideas about gender roles but there is no denying that she has a lovely figure. Even if she didn't, a woman's body is the least interesting thing about her and body shaming has no place in modern society.
Freddy herself has mentioned this though. She said that she knows she'll never be as small as Josie and she hates how skinnies accentuates the size of her hips. I'm pear shaped and I definitely don't have the figure for skinnies (but I still wear it anyway!); I didn't consider Hungarianka's comment as body shaming. If someone had said the same thing to me, I wouldn't feel offended too cos I know what works for my body type and what doesn't. We dress to look and feel our best, not all styles or silhouttes will compliment our body type. There's a reason why some of us subconsciously dress a certain way--to bring out the best features of our body. That's why Freddy likes puff sleeve tops and short bottoms, it looks the best for her body type. Her dressing makes her body look more proportional.

This is just my two cents and I don't expect anyone to agree with me!

Reactions: 14
Freddy herself has mentioned this though. She said that she knows she'll never be as small as Josie and she hates how skinnies accentuates the size of her hips. I'm pear shaped and I definitely don't have the figure for skinnies (but I still wear it anyway!); I didn't consider Hungarianka's comment as body shaming. If someone had said the same thing to me, I wouldn't feel offended too cos I know what works for my body type and what doesn't. We dress to look and feel our best, not all styles or silhouttes will compliment our body type. There's a reason why some of us subconsciously dress a certain way--to bring out the best features of our body. That's why Freddy likes puff sleeve tops and short bottoms, it looks the best for her body type. Her dressing makes her body look more proportional.

I didn’t find the comment to be body shaming either.

I personally think anyone can wear skinnies if they purchase the right type. There are high waisted skinnies, normal or low waisted.

I think we forget that Freddy dresses unrealistically to the normal working folks. She literally dresses as if she were a princess who just prances around in her castle all day singing to animals.

Reactions: 17
I didn’t find the comment to be body shaming either.

I personally think anyone can wear skinnies if they purchase the right type. There are high waisted skinnies, normal or low waisted.
Agreed! Also, to reiterate, it is also relative to your body proportions. Not all pear shapes look the same. I personally don't rock skinnies cos I'm super short so my bottom half looks really emphasized in it. However, that doesn't stop me from wearing it!

Reactions: 10
OMG what is this with her facial expression! 😅🙈
I'm quite sure she feels like it makes her look sophisticated ... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Someone mentioned those white boots she keeps wearing all the time - I honestly cannot fathom why she thinks they look great with all outfits. She did mention once they look like a pair of Dior boots so I am assuming that is why we keep seeing them over and over.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Those kinds of boots just look big and clunky on her.. she had lovely long legs and they do nothing for her. Compared to the brown boots in the picture I’ve attached that really hug her legs, they overwhelm her and make her look like she has cankles when she has great shapely legs.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Honourable for once although if you’re going to nod to only 1 religion and its festival you set yourself up to looking favouritist. In all the years she’s been public she has never once nodded to Islam or Judaism (my faith) or any other religion despite Christianity. Her choice but if you acknowledge 1 you have to others out of respect.

Well I sure will look forward to when she greets all Jewish followers in a few days time a hearty Chag Sameach for Shavuot. I shan’t be holding my breath though as I reckon it’s more about recent world events that prompted her to do this, a subliminal opinion shall I shall politely than actual genuine appreciation for her followers. Blessings to those who celebrate. May you be blessed whatever your faith and beliefs may be.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Indeed skinny jeans are not trendy anymore sorry to tell u guys. But u can wear anything u want. Some follow trends others dress for themselves

Reactions: 11
Indeed skinny jeans are not trendy anymore sorry to tell u guys. But u can wear anything u want. Some follow trends others dress for themselves
True but most don’t dictate as if they are experts unlike her sadly. Fantastic title for the thread

Reactions: 9
Those kinds of boots just look big and clunky on her.. she had lovely long legs and they do nothing for her. Compared to the brown boots in the picture I’ve attached that really hug her legs, they overwhelm her and make her look like she has cankles when she has great shapely legs.
But they're Dior darling!! Even if they don't suit/fit her at all, she's gonna wear them to death, just because they're Dior.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Exactly this! I definitely couldn't get away with the spaghetti straps or the high neck halternecks that Freddy loves in the summer, but I do love a good wrap dress with the right v neck cut, or a skirt that goes out just enough to balance my shoulders
But they're Dior darling!! Even if they don't suit/fit her at all, she's gonna wear them to death, just because they're Dior.
They're not even Dior, they're knockoffs from River Island 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
But thats the thing - skinny jeans are NOT a trend - they are a staple in most women's wardrobe. Just because they aren't being pushed for mass consumption right now doesnt make them outdated.
For example a white shirt, blazer, black dress - none of these are trends because they have pretty much become staples in wardrobes.

But thats the thing - skinny jeans are NOT a trend - they are a staple in most women's wardrobe. Just because they aren't being pushed for mass consumption right now doesnt make them outdated.
For example a white shirt, blazer, black dress - none of these are trends because they have pretty much become staples in wardrobes.
Yeah I don't think they're a trend either, they were the big thing when I was a teenager 15 years ago and I still wear them. Freddy likes to frame them as a 'trend' that is 'passing' because it feeds into her whole 'style not fashion' narrative. Unfortunately for her she is neither stylish nor fashionable.

I mean the new “trend” isn’t really new. Like a lot of us wore this stuff back in high school before skinny jeans was a thing.

Fashion is what you create and feel best in. Trends is popularity but if a person who doesn’t care and just prefers staple classic items- none of this even matters.

Reactions: 12
I always really loved her style until recently. Even with the stupidly limited colour palette I always thought she looked great, but nowadays she doesn’t look trendy anymore (which is fine) but she doesn’t look classic either. I used to love watching her hauls, I’ve bought lots of things from them over the years but she hasn’t inspired a purchase from me in ages now

I always really loved her style until recently. Even with the stupidly limited colour palette I always thought she looked great, but nowadays she doesn’t look trendy anymore (which is fine) but she doesn’t look classic either. I used to love watching her hauls, I’ve bought lots of things from them over the years but she hasn’t inspired a purchase from me in ages now
Agree with how unfashionable she looks now.
In the past she managed to make how tragic she is cute but now she really does look tragic. Times have changed.

• Haha
[/QUOTE]
I don't even understand where she got that idea haha. I go to uni, and pretty much everyone in my class is still wearing skinny jeans. Granted I do live in a different country (Australia) but I don't think the fashion would be that vastly different?
I’m pretty sure it’s from TikTok, Around two months ago there were a lot of videos from GenZ people saying stuff like “I’m sorry millennials skinny jeans are out of style now”. Not sure specifically who came up with the concept but it was a really popular thing for a bit. And now I think it’s just a running joke kind of? She probably picked it up from there and her sister.

OMG what is this with her facial expression! 😅🙈
All I could think when I saw this picture was I hope you asked them before sitting on their car! 😂😂

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.