Freddy My Love #2 Mean girl in sheep’s clothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today’s video really annoyed me when she started speaking about ‘skinny jeans’ saying they are now dated. Really hate how she seems to deem her judgement and fashion choices as the only way that’s right. Just thought it was a bit rude!
That’s only because she hasn’t got the figure anymore for them

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This whole narrative of skinny jeans being dated or no longer in fashion is so stupid and frankly goes to show how toxic influencer trends and cultures are. All influencers are pushing mom jeans and straight leg jeans because thats the new thing being mass produced everywhere. They make you feel like you can no longer wear skinny jeans but in reality when you step outside e..g central london, you will see that a vast majority of women still wear skinny jeans and they are a classic staple in most women's wardrobe. A staple will never be a trend - honestly influencers need to shut the duck up

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The thing I find most bizarre is that Freddy is very quick to say things are 'a trend' or 'out of fashion' but...her whole style is never in fashion? I'm not saying that in a rude way, I think everyone should wear what they want, but I don't think it can be denied that few people dress in the way she does and I wouldn't say she is either stylish or fashionable to be honest, so hardly one to be making those judgements

Reactions: 31
I’ve never been into fashion and I can’t do makeup. I don’t know what’s in and what’s out but quite frankly, I don’t care! I dress in what I’m comfortable in and I don’t care what my friends wear as long and they’re comfortable (and clean!). I have never seen what the big deal is, clothes are just things you put on your body to me and I hate spending my pay on clothes! I’m not “class-ick Freddy or “so chiiiiiiic” at all. However, I do think it’s fun to see what other people are into, I would just never dictate to anyone else what to wear - who cares?!

• Heart
She says skinny jeans are 'illegal' and also says the 95 year old queen is her style icon .....

That coat she was sent for free is awful .

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She says skinny jeans are 'illegal' and also says the 95 year old queen is her style icon .....

That coat she was sent for free is awful .
The Queen is her style icon..... when did the Queen wear underwear like shorts or skinny jeans...I must have missed it....😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That’s only because she hasn’t got the figure anymore for them
I'm sorry but this kind of body shaming is not acceptable. I dislike Freddy because of her disregard for the environment and her dated ideas about gender roles but there is no denying that she has a lovely figure. Even if she didn't, a woman's body is the least interesting thing about her and body shaming has no place in modern society.

• Heart
I'm sorry but this kind of body shaming is not acceptable. I dislike Freddy because of her disregard for the environment and her dated ideas about gender roles but there is no denying that she has a lovely figure. Even if she didn't, a woman's body is the least interesting thing about her and body shaming has no place in modern society.
Body shaming ... well that’s your view which I respectfully will disagree with you on. She doesn’t have the figure for skinny jeans. At no other time did you see me write anything beyond that. I stand by that, if you want to take it to that length that’s your own issue not mine. These days unfortunately saying that cut of coat for instance isn’t flattering or Trinny and Susannah insisting one of their women on their show covers up her saddlebags is automatically branded as that. Body shaming sadly is a term thrown about far too much in my opinion. You will also if you look back on my comments see that I have been complimentary of Freddy in terms of the hot debate recently about her being pear shaped as a body type. Nothing wrong with any body type just dress it well and the preaching which Freddy needs to stop doing. If she wants to wear them that’s her prerogative but she should opt for something better than that to enhance the beautiful body she does have. There you see I don’t body shame at all I’ve also in another thread touched on the subject of my suffering bulimia. It’s about the choices Freddy preaches so sanctimoniously that is the issue and my point. Anything she disagrees on she gets contemptuous. I am entitled like you and others to make a constructive criticism ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@Hungarianka spot on as always. I also think, and maybe most importantly, it’s clear that Freddy thinks she herself doesn’t have the figure for skinny jeans. She wore them when she was a teenage size 6, and as we’ve discussed at length seems to have struggled accepting her still slim but not tiny size 6 size. She has a great figure, but it can’t be denied that skinny jeans arent the best kind of jean for a pear shape. Now again by all means if you don’t care about dressing for your size and shape and you just like something, absolutely go ahead. Doesn’t change the fact that the only reason she’s slating them now is because they’re not something that will flatter her particular shape anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Hungarianka spot on as always. I also think, and maybe most importantly, it’s clear that Freddy thinks she herself doesn’t have the figure for skinny jeans. She wore them when she was a teenage size 6, and as we’ve discussed at length seems to have struggled accepting her still slim but not tiny size 6 size. She has a great figure, but it can’t be denied that skinny jeans arent the best kind of jean for a pear shape. Now again by all means if you don’t care about dressing for your size and shape and you just like something, absolutely go ahead. Doesn’t change the fact that the only reason she’s slating them now is because they’re not something that will flatter her particular shape anymore.
You’re kind to say I appreciate that. Many moons ago I ventured out to an event. I was 46 at the time and thought I’d go out in a leather mini skirt. At the party I got called mutton dressed as lamb. I didn’t pout or think I had been body shamed the annoying truth was the woman was right. I was too old to be wearing a leather mini skirt and couple the fact I am 6ft 4in it was a fashion mistake. I learnt from the experience ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You’re kind to say I appreciate that. Many moons ago I ventured out to an event. I was 46 at the time and thought I’d go out in a leather mini skirt. At the party I got called mutton dressed as lamb. I didn’t pout or think I had been body shamed the annoying truth was the woman was right. I was too old to be wearing a leather mini skirt and couple the fact I am 6ft 4in it was a fashion mistake. I learnt from the experience ❤
When you work in a fashion industry I don’t think it makes sense to ignore these things. Freddy very much thinks of herself as being a fashion channel, in fashion attention is paid to body shape and size 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
When you work in a fashion industry I don’t think it makes sense to ignore these things. Freddy very much thinks of herself as being a fashion channel, in fashion attention is paid to body shape and size 🤷🏻‍♀️
What’s particularly more laughable is the fact she uses Her Majesty’s name in the same breath as her fashion choices. Her Majesty does wear very vibrant colours, to the extent of lime green for instance. Shocking pink, pastels aren’t usually the Queens choices for public engagements as she needs to be seen but the colours always flatter her, style is impeccable in terms of flattering her figure, the cut of the clothes and the fabrics used. Angela Kelly is an absolute genius at providing those outfits. Stuart Parvin, Hardy Amies, Norman Hartnell whom have dressed her in the past have stuck to those classic rules. None of which apply to the fast fashion Freddy flogs on her vlogs. If she was to invest in those brands that do supply the Royal Family then it would more plausible to accept than the glib throwaway comments to pull in the punters so to speak. There is nothing remotely similar to her fashion choices to Her Majesty’s. That attitude Freddy exhibits constantly lately and the lack of logic and execution is where her channel is failing .... in my opinion. If she was less sanctimonious and more relatable her channel would go leaps and bounds and it would easily back up this sudden newfound obsession that she has for the Royal Family. Nothing wrong with being patriotic or a Royalist but her approach is odd and sycophantic to say the least.

The best thing Freddy could do to help her channel and inform her decisions would be to learn dressmaking and tailoring. Her mother can sew from a vlog she did where she said she made Freddy’s clothes and the curtains in the family home. You don’t have to educate yourself on academia but basics in that department can only be a good thing and experience. She’d make better choices, I’d bet on that

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think she looks beautiful in skinny jeans
I think it’s weird to tell people what they should or should not comment
Ignore, report or make a comment saying you disagree
Also she wore the same two piece Josie showed on her channel, how come some channels are allowed to do that and other channels has to “credit” Freddy? If Josie didn’t have a big following, Freddy would be making nasty comments about Josie just like she did for Grace and the girl who wore the Victoria secret bra

• Heart
Today’s video really annoyed me when she started speaking about ‘skinny jeans’ saying they are now dated. Really hate how she seems to deem her judgement and fashion choices as the only way that’s right. Just thought it was a bit rude!
I don't even understand where she got that idea haha. I go to uni, and pretty much everyone in my class is still wearing skinny jeans. Granted I do live in a different country (Australia) but I don't think the fashion would be that vastly different?

I don't even understand where she got that idea haha. I go to uni, and pretty much everyone in my class is still wearing skinny jeans. Granted I do live in a different country (Australia) but I don't think the fashion would be that vastly different?
The students, youths and women that walk near my neighbour hood in Footscray (Victoria) do wear them. It’s a rather universal fashion trend you’re right to point it out

Reactions: 10
last comment about skinny jeans
But oh my good lord the Spanx brand skinny jeans are literal heaven
So comfy, so soft and sucks you in!!
now to try and make this post more related to Freddy
What do ye think she will do after doing up this flat? Save up for a house? Save up to be a landlord? She doesn’t have many options, so investing in properties is probably one of the smartest things she can do now

Reactions: 8
Even guys in Portugal, Spain, France, and Italy wear skinny jeans. They aren’t going anywhere. 😂

last comment about skinny jeans
But oh my good lord the Spanx brand skinny jeans are literal heaven
So comfy, so soft and sucks you in!!
now to try and make this post more related to Freddy
What do ye think she will do after doing up this flat? Save up for a house? Save up to be a landlord? She doesn’t have many options, so investing in properties is probably one of the smartest things she can do now

I’d be terrified to have her as my landlord. Ijs

• Haha
The students, youths and women that walk near my neighbour hood in Footscray (Victoria) do wear them. It’s a rather universal fashion trend you’re right to point it out
Yeah I was honestly baffled when she said that in the video. I was like, 'Wait...did I miss something?' 😂 But I guess Freddy doesn't have the best real world experience, and probably doesn't hang around a lot of people in her age group. It's kind of weird hearing her talk about things that are dated, when she continuously dresses in fashion from other decades. Nothing wrong with wearing what you want of course, but she just seems to have a lot of double standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.