Freddy My Love #2 Mean girl in sheep’s clothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem with Freddy is that she is so lazy that she doesn't bother to educate herself on her job and this is what frustrates me.

Nowadays the trend is for fashion content creators to focus more on sustainable and ethically conscious brands and to focus on the actual material on the product. They actually spend time and effort researching brands and seeing what is worth buying and what's not.

However this is too much work for princess Freddy. She'd rather buy tons of clothes from fast fashion industries and return the whole lot and keep contributing to climate change so she can have her haul videos generate revenue for her. She's so shallow that most of the clothes she likes are described as pretty and feel so nice and that's it. Sometimes she'll state they are "So Freddy"... as if this gives them added value. She never speaks of the composition of the material and if they are versatile items that can be incorporated in your wardrobe or how they fit according to body shape or even how you can wear them in everyday life rather than in your parents' attic.

When she does clearouts she'll often state how a jumper was itchy, a dress was too low cut and that the fit was uncomfortable after spending weeks shilling the same products. I find it quite disingenuous. I cannot fathom how she keeps shilling brands such as Topshop and River Island who have really bad quality items which look and feel cheap. I'm all for having different price points but some brands are just not worth it and you'll probably end up having to throw those items away after a season due to the poor quality. I wish she'd educate herself more since several fast fashion brands have sustainable lines at an affordable price point, such as H&M and Zara, but I am guessing these brands do not sponsor her.

Furthermore I felt she was quite cheeky in her last video. After bragging she's a saver and trying not to spend on her renovations she has no qualms on getting a new designer bag and shoes (obviously gifted) but how can a content creator complain about the cost of paint and then promote an expensive designer bag in the next video. She also complains how she didn't really like another gifted designer bag and how she's going to try to sell it so she can buy (I'm guessing) yet another bag.
Honestly,

I don't see where she is going with her career. She hasn't grown/changed her content to evovle with the times one bit. She is still stuck doing the same tit she always has and its getting SO OLD and boring. I don't really think she is fashionable or has a good sense of style, because fashion is about evolving and trying new things while staying true to your style.

Also in terms of her content. her youtube is dying and she can hardly garner even half the views she could. Her Instagram is tragic - i mean imagine the brattyness and privilege where you refuse to try and produce content or shoot anything while you are stuck at home? How can someone be that stubborn and set in their ways? A grown 26 year old cannot adapt to a bleeping global pandemic that affected the entire world? Every single other content creator has been pushing out reels, creative posts, showcasing what brands are doing, sharing relevant info about brands and their ethos - and its ALWAYS crickets from freddy's side. Forget being woke, and aware of the atrocities going on in the world and educating yourself, she doesn't even do her own job.

Even her home content is so inconsistent and she only posts stories on that account occasionally and a fortnightly vlog. After the reno will be done, that content will stop too. She can't evolve into a lifestyle vlogger bc that would involve her actually doing tit other than laying in bed, pouting, going to the gym and prancing about in ugly clothes that do not align with any fashion standards.

Reactions: 22
The reason why she hasn't evolved is because she barely has any "grown-up" experience. She did not go to college (no broadening of social circle beyond people she's comfortable with and no regular student-life experience) and she doesn't have a regular job to run to every day. People evolve because life kind of forces them, it goes hand in hand. She has the unconditional support of her family, her boyfriend is around when it suits her, helps her and buys her whatever she puts on her wishlist for birthdays and Christmases, her best friend is Lady Josie of Cotswolds. She didn't face some hardships that people usually face in their twenties, therefore she continues to live her fairytale pink life.

This will go on until one day she realizes that she's 30 and will then depop all diaper shorts and crop tops, her closet will be full of "sophisticated adult" items and suddenly you won't even be able to tell whether you're watching Freddy or Josie.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Let me start by saying I 100% agree with her promoting 1000 bag and then say she’s a saver is not honest
To be fair I actually haven’t heard anything about D&G, maybe it’s because I’m really busy now with uni work
As much as I complain about her, I’m rooting for her, like imagine how amazing her content would be if she did videos about how to save and videos on how she works with YouTube (post about real life stuff as opposed to watching this scripted character talk about sassy quotes)

Reactions: 5
She dresses like Dorian from Birds of a Feather if Dorian only wore pastels and had blonde hair they’d be dead ringers for each other. Tarty and tasteless

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ok as someone who works in the fashion industry, I have to share something that peeves me to NO end. Freddy has absolutely ZERO sense of fashion, brands, and the politics of the fashion industry. Anyone with a tiny inkling of sense knows that Dolce and Gabbana have been racist trash for years, and were majorly cancelled in 2018 after yet another racist campaign. Freddy continues to buy and pitch their bags and belts, despite the gross offenses they’ve caused to their customers, workers, and producers. The fact that someone’s job can be “fashion influencer” but she doesn’t know two sh*ts about what’s going on in the industry is appalling. She’s so incredibly dense. Every time I see those tacky D&G Sicily bags or the belt I get triggered on behalf of my fellow Asian people everywhere. Read the d*mn news, Freddy.
This is what I think every time I see D&G as well :/

Reactions: 14
Today’s video really annoyed me when she started speaking about ‘skinny jeans’ saying they are now dated. Really hate how she seems to deem her judgement and fashion choices as the only way that’s right. Just thought it was a bit rude!

Reactions: 17
Ok as someone who works in the fashion industry, I have to share something that peeves me to NO end. Freddy has absolutely ZERO sense of fashion, brands, and the politics of the fashion industry. Anyone with a tiny inkling of sense knows that Dolce and Gabbana have been racist trash for years, and were majorly cancelled in 2018 after yet another racist campaign. Freddy continues to buy and pitch their bags and belts, despite the gross offenses they’ve caused to their customers, workers, and producers. The fact that someone’s job can be “fashion influencer” but she doesn’t know two sh*ts about what’s going on in the industry is appalling. She’s so incredibly dense. Every time I see those tacky D&G Sicily bags or the belt I get triggered on behalf of my fellow Asian people everywhere. Read the d*mn news, Freddy.
Thank you so much for this I feel like you have hit the nail on the head. I’ve just watched her spring haul there is nothing fashionable about her, she just decided one day she’s a fashion YouTuber but she really isn’t she just shops and try’s on clothes she thinks go together. She hasn’t got a clue, if it’s from far fetch and it costs £450 then it’s “sublime, cool, a staple” all that boring crap. It’s literally a white dress you could find in H&M it’s bizarre and it’s the same clothes just from new seasons in different colours very repetitive, very boring and not at all trend led or fashionable. And I agree she doesn’t have a clue what’s going on in the industry!

Reactions: 16
The comments on her latest post of her home IG 😆 I'm actually really surprised that she didn't get all defensive over the OP's comment like she usually would. I've an inkling that she might change the green in the future.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Thank you so much for this I feel like you have hit the nail on the head. I’ve just watched her spring haul there is nothing fashionable about her, she just decided one day she’s a fashion YouTuber but she really isn’t she just shops and try’s on clothes she thinks go together. She hasn’t got a clue, if it’s from far fetch and it costs £450 then it’s “sublime, cool, a staple” all that boring crap. It’s literally a white dress you could find in H&M it’s bizarre and it’s the same clothes just from new seasons in different colours very repetitive, very boring and not at all trend led or fashionable. And I agree she doesn’t have a clue what’s going on in the industry!
I've just watched Josie's vlog where she met Freddy for tea. Freddy was wearing her Zimmerman dress with white drum majorette boots. :rolleyes: Those boots went out of fashion 40 or 50 years ago, and never came back in fashion.
Yeah, nope, I won't be taking ANY fashion advice from childish Freddy. Her fashion sense is tragic.
She seems to be suffering with some sort of arrested development, age 8. The way she dresses, speaks (creepy baby voice) and tantrums behaviour. #sorrynotsorry

20210512_073535.jpg
20210512_073523.jpg
20210512_073455.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Today’s video really annoyed me when she started speaking about ‘skinny jeans’ saying they are now dated. Really hate how she seems to deem her judgement and fashion choices as the only way that’s right. Just thought it was a bit rude!
For once I found it funny she’s going with the trends.. for some reason there’s a big thing between the coOool hip modern kids vs millennials.. side parts and skinny jeans are out big time, it’s all over TikTok 🙄 it’s probably something she’s got from Coco haha

• Haha
Reactions: 10
For once I found it funny she’s going with the trends.. for some reason there’s a big thing between the coOool hip modern kids vs millennials.. side parts and skinny jeans are out big time, it’s all over TikTok 🙄
This grinds my gears so much. Someone should tell bratty Freddy that skinnies are not 'dated'. Its been around for a long time, the same way white shirts have been. Skinnies are not a trend, its a staple piece. You'd think she would know that since she's a fAsHiOn influencer. The only reason she's salty about it is because she hates the way skinnies clings onto her bottom half. Heck, some of the things that she wears are dated 🤣

Reactions: 17
She wears diaper looking ass shorts and doesn’t even wear jeans? She’s seriously the last person to take advice from 😂

Reactions: 14
Okay it's good Freddy is (semi) transparent about the stuff she gets gifted.. however it's pretty insane how much it is! 😵 It sometimes looks like she's getting free stuff delivered every day 😅

Interesting take on influencers, it partly explains Freddy's behaviour:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Okay it's good Freddy is (semi) transparent about the stuff she gets gifted.. however it's pretty insane how much it is! 😵 It sometimes looks like she's getting free stuff delivered every day 😅
That’s the only thing I appreciate about her. She is very transparent about her gifts and even her ads.

Reactions: 9
Honestly,

I don't see where she is going with her career. She hasn't grown/changed her content to evovle with the times one bit. She is still stuck doing the same tit she always has and its getting SO OLD and boring. I don't really think she is fashionable or has a good sense of style, because fashion is about evolving and trying new things while staying true to your style.

Also in terms of her content. her youtube is dying and she can hardly garner even half the views she could. Her Instagram is tragic - i mean imagine the brattyness and privilege where you refuse to try and produce content or shoot anything while you are stuck at home? How can someone be that stubborn and set in their ways? A grown 26 year old cannot adapt to a bleeping global pandemic that affected the entire world? Every single other content creator has been pushing out reels, creative posts, showcasing what brands are doing, sharing relevant info about brands and their ethos - and its ALWAYS crickets from freddy's side. Forget being woke, and aware of the atrocities going on in the world and educating yourself, she doesn't even do her own job.

Even her home content is so inconsistent and she only posts stories on that account occasionally and a fortnightly vlog. After the reno will be done, that content will stop too. She can't evolve into a lifestyle vlogger bc that would involve her actually doing tit other than laying in bed, pouting, going to the gym and prancing about in ugly clothes that do not align with any fashion standards.
Really agree about her not being fashionable, there are others who have this kind of 60s pastel style but they make their clothes look good and stylish, if she did this she would stand out more and build up more a following beyond the tweens who follow her - with Freddy, even when she shows hauls or outfits featuring brands like zimmerman she makes the clothes or outfits look like they’re from a new look outlet sale or Dorothy Perkins which there’s nothing wrong with but no one shopping in these places would want the clothes to look like they’re from a high street shop from the sales 5 years ago rather than to look stylish and aspirational etc. Find it funny how she puts her nose up at certain things like black tights, meanwhile she puts together a lot of awful granny/frumpy unfashionable looks

Reactions: 11
This grinds my gears so much. Someone should tell bratty Freddy that skinnies are not 'dated'. Its been around for a long time, the same way white shirts have been. Skinnies are not a trend, its a staple piece. You'd think she would know that since she's a fAsHiOn influencer. The only reason she's salty about it is because she hates the way skinnies clings onto her bottom half. Heck, some of the things that she wears are dated 🤣
Exactly! I never wore skinny jeans because I don’t think they’re flattering on my body shape at all, I always opted for the bootcut jeans as they balance my shape out. I look like I have triangles for legs in skinny jeans and I always hated that. She should be encouraging women to dress in what they feel confident and comfortable in, or even *gasps* unique and talk about how much classier and more put together you seem and feel when you dress really well for your shape!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I refuse to give up my skinny jeans. They're so comfortable. You can wear a fairly priced pair of skinny jeans and pair them with a nice top and you have a whole outfit right there. skinny jeans 4 lyfe!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.