Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
We did notice immediately in the parking lot that she couldn't walk. There was nothing in the paperwork stating that.’ When they took Natalia to a beach for the first time, she did something that would leave the couple speechless.

‘The boys rushed into the water and Natalia wanted to be carried into the ocean. Michael and myself were physically exhausted so we asked her to wait just a few minutes,’ she said.

‘With that she just got up and ran into the ocean. I remember looking at Mike and thinking, what’s going on? She couldn’t walk a second ago and now she just got up and ran.’

That part really stood out to me. Also the bit about her not having a Ukrainian accent, being 6 years old and having adult teeth and having pubic hair, and a period.

The mum in the DM article (Kristine Barnett) is actually quite a well-known parenting author. I really want to know the outcome of this asap.

This is Kristine's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KristineEl...TWUOfRzfn56B8xYlrMxDfP_UnvmbGTZxQFayBbSzFq1ox

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Sandra_1984

It's so crazy that they adopted her thinking she was six. Then had two doctors investigate and conclude she was around 22, then 14. Then for bone density scans from another doctor to reveal she's around 11. Though with dwarfism, those bone density scans can perhaps give different results to a "normal" persons? It's just so bloody weird! But I was amazed that the media named her, just in case she is actually a minor. But an 8/9 year old surviving on her own for three years is what got me. How on earth?! Going to keep watching this story unfold. Nightmare.

Reactions: 4

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
As an adoptee, i hope this doesnt put people off from adopting. My REAL parents (who adopted me when i was 5 months old) were amazing and gave me the best life possible and i am thankful everyday that they wanted and loved me. Adopters are amazing people.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I believe the Foster mum
I looked through photos of her now on the new family's page and she looks like she is in her 30s at least. It isn't clear if that actually is her new family or just friends. She did have a FB profile which has been deleted and all of the "friends" on in it were adults.

I am surprised the media is sharing her photo and name though because what happens if she is actually a minor...?

The whole thing is very odd. Although, I am inclined to believe the foster mum.

Reactions: 3

bubbletea123

VIP Member
This reminds me of that horror film Orphan. I know the link is the Daily Mail...it is on other news sites but this one has the most indepth information.

The fact she was in an apartment by herself for three years and able to take care of herself shows she was older than 8 years old, I think. She is now living with another family in Michigan. If you read the comments you can find the FB profile. They posted about her '16th' birthday.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Pickminy

I've been reading this forum for ages now but this thread has pushed me to make an account.
I read about this the other day! My husband wasn't interested. I 100% believe the foster mum x

antisocialmedia

VIP Member
This reminds me of that horror film Orphan. I know the link is the Daily Mail...it is on other news sites but this one has the most indepth information.

The fact she was in an apartment by herself for three years and able to take care of herself shows she was older than 8 years old, I think. She is now living with another family in Michigan. If you read the comments you can find the FB profile. They posted about her '16th' birthday.

I believe the Foster mum

Reactions: 2

bubbletea123

VIP Member
She’s apparently 16 now so would that explain why media can name her? Or is it 18 for that to be the case. This is so weird, I can totally see how she could be 16 or 30 in the pictures on Facebook 🤷🏼‍♀️
A minor is someone under 18 so they shouldn't be naming her just in case.

Jimbob89

First heard this online. The whole story and honestly i felt for the parents immediately. However hasnt her birth mother now come forward to confirm she is a child? The whole story is justlike a nightmare. Is there any proof the birth mother is actually that?

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I honestly can't get my head around this. How did she get put up for adoption if she's an adult?
No idea. I 99% believe the foster mum but what if the girl IS actually a minor and her photo and name is out there.

I've read that often children from Russia and Ukraine are adopted and have severe mental health problems.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
She’s apparently 16 now so would that explain why media can name her? Or is it 18 for that to be the case. This is so weird, I can totally see how she could be 16 or 30 in the pictures on Facebook 🤷🏼‍♀️

AbiLouX

Chatty Member
I looked through photos of her now on the new family's page and she looks like she is in her 30s at least. It isn't clear if that actually is her new family or just friends. She did have a FB profile which has been deleted and all of the "friends" on in it were adults.

I am surprised the media is sharing her photo and name though because what happens if she is actually a minor...?

The whole thing is very odd. Although, I am inclined to believe the foster mum.
Where did you find the new page

Reactions: 1

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Where did you find the new page
There are comments on the DM section article. The first name is Cynthia. If you google the article plus Cynthia the name comes up. Her Facebook is VERY public. There are photos from the beginning of Sept where N looks way older than 16. She has been around these people since 2015.

There are photos of N as a "child", around the age the foster mum above would have had her, and N has adult teeth and her nose and other facial features look like an adult's.

The new people seem like they are a part of a really extreme Christian community.

I just do not get the vibe that the mum in the Daily Mail article is lying but who knows..

Last edited:

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
I did not realise just how much the adoptive parents had helped the girl post finding out her ‘real’ age. They did not just leave her to escape from her. I feel sorry for the family and hopefully this means more stringent checks are in place to avoid this situation in future.